Thread: Age requirements to qualify for political promotion

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Age requirements to qualify for political promotion

The problem with playing 24TPY is that you spawn these 16 y/o kids that never will never get promoted cause I finish the campaign before they come of age. Is there any way to deal with this? Increase new characters spawn age, remove age requirement for political promotion? Is there perhaps some old submod out there anyone has?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Default Re: Age requirements to qualify for political promotion

It's a bit of an issue with 12 tpy as well. With the 16 year olds, my submods basically force me to turtle start so it gives me time to allow some of the very first ones to age a few years. I end up with a slightly different problem though in that rather being inundated with 16 years olds, it's 22 year olds. Not really much of a concern of mine. In my Roman campaign, I tried basically recruiting a ton of generals/politicians to see if any of them were older and now my faction is run by teenagers. I have had to send some of those 16 year olds off to battle as my one older general was gone and the other generals died(unfortunate accident). If I end up losing at least I can blame it on those meddling kids

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You should find age requirement into lua_scripts > export_triggers.lua, quite near the top.

This pack will set new recruited general's age between 25/29, instead of 16/17, better choice for 12/24 tpy imo. You can set them as you wish with PFM.
    Afaik max age can't be set. This won't affect historical generals.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/af1k3s...lage25-29.pack
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 19, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    You should find age requirement into lua_scripts > export_triggers.lua, quite near the top.

This pack will set new recruited general's age between 25/29, instead of 16/17, better choice for 12/24 tpy imo. You can set them as you wish with PFM.
    Nice. It'll help the long turtle style users for sure.
    The thing is, for antiquity standards 30 yrs old people were quite old though.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 19, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

Patrician

Mmh, dunno, "noble" people lived till 70 and more in some cases, anyway I don't think that any teen had real control of anything, maybe inside barbarian tribes, but not in civilized societies

Mmh, dunno, "noble" people lived till 70 and more in some cases, anyway I don't think that any teen had real control of anything, maybe inside barbarian tribes, but not in civilized societies
    Νοt ''ready for war though''. We have a few instances AFAIK of very old generals etc But a few exceptions don't make the rule I guess.
    Philosophers and wealthy people in ancient Greece and Rome for example,lived till 60-70 sometimes, but in other cultures age limits were quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Nice. It'll help the long turtle style users for sure.
    The thing is, for antiquity standards 30 yrs old people were quite old though.
    While you might have been considered an adult at an earlier age in some societies, 30 doesn't mean you're an old man. Life expectancy was lower but a lot of that is due to death at young age due to disease, etc. If you survived to adulthood in ancient times, you could live for quite a while. But I imagine you know that. I just have to show up in the thread to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    While you might have been considered an adult at an earlier age in some societies, 30 doesn't mean you're an old man.
    Middle aged for sure though.

Life expectancy was lower but a lot of that is due to death at young age. If you survived to adulthood in ancient times, you could live for quite a while.
    Sure I agree.

But I imagine you know that. I just have to show up in the thread to address it.
    Feel free.

Wow. Thanks a bunch Jake!

Is not working with the latest dlc. Any chance for an update?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Patrician

What? My pack (should work, btw) or politcal promotions for RotR campaign?

What? My pack (should work, btw) or politcal promotions for RotR campaign?
    I'm talking about the 25-29 recruitment age mod.

I have started a new campaign on grand (I mean i've never even touched those fancy DLC campaigns like lol why would i all i need is rome and 50 turns to conquer Greece), and the newly recruited characters are 16years old. Though other submods like noassasinations or culture tensio are working fine. (i'm using 24TPY as well)

Edit: I added the weather submods and now suddenly age recruitment mod is working again, even though the clouds, snow and rain are still there. Now I just need to get gemfx working again and I'm solid. Thank u Joke Armchairage!
    Last edited by waidizss; September 05, 2018 at 07:54 AM.

Patrician

it means you had some pack messing up something. Yeah, snow and rain are still there

The purchased ranks (non scripted) age requirements can be found in cursus_honorum_level_requirements.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----