Thread: Upload Campaign script

Default Upload Campaign script

Hello guys,
    I read the mod has a beautifull campaign script, and i want to have a look at it for the purpose of improving my scipting skills.
    I dont want to download the whole mod, so could someone do me a favor and upload the file for me

Default Re: Upload Campaign script

I don't have a copy of 2.3 installed, so I'm going to have to use the current development build version:

campaign_script.zip

Yes, for anyone else observing, this has potential "spoilers" for what is coming in the next release since this is the working version. If you don't want to be spoilered, don't browse it.

Furthermore, no it is not compatible with 2.3, there are a whole host of things in there which don't exist in the current released version (units, historic_events, etc).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 19, 2018 at 04:26 AM.

Haha yes! Unintentional 2.3a teasers!

I'm not gonna say anything because, well, spoilers, but there are some new things in the script that I am now tremendously hyped for. Good job EB team!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I don't have a copy of 2.3 installed, so I'm going to have to use the current development build version:

campaign_script.zip

Yes, for anyone else observing, this has potential "spoilers" for what is coming in the next release since this is the working version. If you don't want to be spoilered, don't browse it.

Furthermore, no it is not compatible with 2.3, there are a whole host of things in there which don't exist in the current released version (units, historic_events, etc).
    Thank you very much QuintusSertorius, i will put that knowledge to good use.
    I might even try EBII one day although i am more into fantasy mods

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    Thank you very much QuintusSertorius, i will put that knowledge to good use.
    I might even try EBII one day although i am more into fantasy mods
    Any questions, feel free to raise them in the Workshop - chances are if I didn't write it, then Gigantus did.

Well, I just wanted to try a few things to see if they would work.

I copied and pasted the New Baktria Independence Script, Missions, and War Weariness sections into the old Campaign Script.

It doesn’t look like any new features were added, so I don’t think it will crash, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    Well, I just wanted to try a few things to see if they would work.

I copied and pasted the New Baktria Independence Script, Missions, and War Weariness sections into the old Campaign Script.

It doesn’t look like any new features were added, so I don’t think it will crash, but we shall see.
    Selective replacement like that should probably be safe.

Trying to replace the whole script, on the other hand, won't be.

Yeah there are a bunch or other things I wish I could add. Womp womp

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    Yeah there are a bunch or other things I wish I could add. Womp womp
    The mirrored Hayastan Independence script could be copied across safely, along with the corrected Pahlava reform. Plus the updated raiding/devastation script (the one in 2.3 doesn't work properly).

But yes, there are a host of new things which aren't 2.3-compatible, like all the eastern migrations content.

eastern migrations content.
    Yeah that is the what I am really looking forward too.

Is the new building malus script hidden somewhere inside the campaign script? I would really like to see that one work.

Also, just a general question: If I wanted to make a faction more prone to rebelling/disloyalty, what file is that under?
    I saw something where it was graded like (small faction, kingdom, large kingdom, empire) with the bigger it is the more likely you will have more problems with loyalty.

Thanks

That'd be the EDCT and to a lesser degree the EDA if you want. There's a trait called LoyaltyLevel which raises/lowers loyalty by adding or subtracting to it. It should be very easy to create some faction specific triggers which lower loyalty for faction X.