Thread: Remove Diplomacy Options

Default Remove Diplomacy Options

I'm trying to make another pirate faction (e.g Wako pirates). I believe the db tables for my new faction and the existing pirates are exactly the same, but you are still able to perform diplomacy with my new faction (like offer peace). Does anyone know how to prevent a faction from appearing on the diplomacy screen?

Default Re: Remove Diplomacy Options

One thing I've thought of doing is moving a pirate faction from a different campaign to mine.

I'm no experienced modder but I imagine it's a checkbox somewhere in the basic faction-info tables, likely not under a "can't do diplomacy" tag knowing CA.

If that doesn't work, maybe add the European Traders and edit them? As I'm aware both factions work the same- hidden offmap city, no other provinces, periodically spawning a ship to do something (attack others for wako, sail along a specific route then despawn for europeans). Tweaking it so that they spawn regular ships and are aggressive might be difficult, though. (Unless of course you want a Portuguese carrack sailing up the coast of ancient Korea!)

Oh, I've written a script that will spawn in armies at random for both the old Kaizoku pirates and the new Xiongnu faction. It looks like whatever previously spawned the pirate ships has stopped working in the new campaign map, which is probably a good thing as they would likely spawn on land.

Unfortunately, the diplomacy option checkbox doesn't seem to exist, nor is there a db table where I can remove diplomacy options for a specific faction. I will see if I can bring the European traders into the ROTS campaign. I hope that whatever stops them engaging in diplomacy isn't specific to the factions of the campaign.