Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fote and TOB

Default Fote and TOB

Hello there, guys!

With the upcoming release of TOB I was wondering if the Fote team is considering modding it. I suppose many of the team's current assets used in the Age of Charlemagne portion of the mod could easily be transported. The game is looking pretty cool now and hopefully assets with such high quality as yours (props to Ahiga) would certainly make it even cooler.

Thanks guys!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Fote and TOB

Quote Originally Posted by maloskero View Post
    Hello there, guys!

With the upcoming release of TOB I was wondering if the Fote team is considering modding it. I suppose many of the team's current assets used in the Age of Charlemagne portion of the mod could easily be transported. The game is looking pretty cool now and hopefully assets with such high quality as yours (props to Ahiga) would certainly make it even cooler.

Thanks guys!
    Stop tempting the beast...

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

They are not allowed to start on that until they come back to this mod!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    They are not allowed to start on that until they come back to this mod!
    TOB's era is very tempting to mod though.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

lol oh I can see the temptation
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

We hope to finish some parts for the Celts/Nords here first I think, but Ahiga may be interested in ToB. We also have Empire Divided for Rome 2 thats being sort of worked on as well. And then you have the inevitable burn out from too much modding and CA patches

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Well, the people has spoken! We want you to finish Fote and then mod Tob! hahaha jokes aside, thanks for the answer Dresden! You modders are really awesome!

We will be hopping that you guys eventually get to finish Fote indeed. Best of luck to you, I have been a modder of SimCity 4 myself and I know how tiresome it can be

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We hope to finish some parts for the Celts/Nords here first I think, but Ahiga may be interested in ToB. We also have Empire Divided for Rome 2 thats being sort of worked on as well. And then you have the inevitable burn out from too much modding and CA patches
    Its good to hear y’all are still going at it finishing this mod up. Even if all y’all finish is the Celtic and Nordic factions it will seem far more complete/a finished mod. Even if that’s not the only thing y’all are planning on doing. If I remember correctly those are the last two cultures that still need unit rosters. So very exciting news!

Thanks Dresden!

Are Slavs finished?

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    Are Slavs finished?
    If I remember correctly they are updated. Or at least their names and skins have been updated, but if those have been updated then I’m willing to bet everything else has been updated too.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Thanks for the promo.

Oh yeah, I'm already following that mod! Hope it turns out great - I'm sure it will just by checking the mod's team (just missing Ahiga). Good luck to you modders!

Quote Originally Posted by maloskero View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm already following that mod! Hope it turns out great - I'm sure it will just by checking the mod's team (just missing Ahiga). Good luck to you modders!
    @Ahiga is quite busy preparing Empire Divided units for DEI.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    @Ahiga is quite busy preparing Empire Divided units for DEI.
    That's stellar news! ED vanilla...the units are so gross. lol

Thanks Asher, and yeah, I don't own it atm but I will buy it when it is on sale. I'm holding off on it in part because of how bad the units look. I will return to finish FOTE with the celts and norse (and ideally slavs, who I also don't own lol) and may pause the ED reskinning to do that right now, mulling over it. When I do I will also try and update the Romans in FOTE with some of the new outfits I came up with relevant to their period. So the helmets clearly are not as they are 3rd century, but the scale and mail 'full spill' coifs (not little hoodies but full on cloak-style hoods) and pteruged mail.

Is 3CC (Mini mod for DEI to reskin ED) Praetorians.

Is Aurelian Roman Evocati, based on the Parthica II (or III or I I forget) legion. You can see the 'full spill' coifs - it's the center front ranker in long sleeve mail in the top image, and then the bronze/brass full-spill coifs on guys throughout the formation. That coif style is attested to both the 3rd century (Dura Europos) and 5th century (I think a Vatican manuscript, depicting coifed guys with short sleeve mail. Curiously they have helmets with nasals beneath the coifs, but I do not have the means to depict that.

Those look great

Wow, extremely top notch work as always, Ahiga!

Oh you tease perfect as always

@Ahiga delivered quality work, as always.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast