Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rising Violence in Sweden

Praeses

Default Re: Rising Violence in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey McKnightey View Post
    Look mister, if you opt for strawmen and snark as you conversational style you could at least do us the courtesy of spicing it up with some wit. Otherwise it's just bad manners.
    Is evading the swear filter by posting an image witty?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey McKnightey View Post
    So by your logic prisoners who wear orange are well integrated to their society. See how this works?
    I think I do, you're implying all Muslim women are prisoners. It looks like garden variety bigotry. Meanwhile you are still enslaved by the underpants imposing cabal that really rules this world. Free you mind, and you loins!

I understand you're confused, enslavement to the underpants cabal is powerful and deeply entrenched and has that effect. Maybe you need to post this trash in the "I am afraid of schoolgirls with religious garb" thread than Aexodus is going to create. This its the "Rape trolling Sweden because the Koch brothers hate social welfare and I'm their unwitting foot soldier Soros is a Nazi" thread.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Not a week without immigrant gang execution/shooting.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...ssning-i-malmo
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/sk...ning-pa-nydala

One killed and another injured in shooting in Malmö on tuesday (3.7). It was second shooting in Malmö within 24h, probably related to same gangs fighting each other.

GTA VI: Malmö perhaps next?

Swedish Prime Minister is holding emergency meeting over all these recent shootings now.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/s...lblodiga-morda
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/e...polisledningen
    https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/p6kvJ1

In 2 weeks, 7 people have been shot to death. In Malmö especially its been rough, in 16 days, 11 people got shot, with 6 of them fatally.

Gang violence has been statistically on the rise in Sweden. In year 2011 17 people got shot fatally. Last year it was 42 with 320 total shooting cases, Stockholm having most of em with Malmö not far behind.

I guess PM Löfven does not like harmless molehills as he is know meeting police leadership in emergency meeting over this. Though elections are coming so he is also trying not to lose all the votes to SD for inaction over these events.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Please remember to post some supporting text with any videos, as per the Mudpit Rules:

4) Do not post images or videos without some clear supporting text discussion. Examples of supporting discussion include: who is the author of the video and what his/her viewpoint is and why you think it is important. Posts with image or video trolls and other spam posting will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.

"I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

There’s been a wave of arson attacks in Malmo, Gothenburg and Helsingborg last night. Regardless of who’s responsible, it will likely have an effect on the elections in 3 weeks, as it contributes to the general increase in violence. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3910876.html
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

A Bosnian migrant’s take on the car fires: they’ve been happening for years, and some within the estabilishment wish to blame the fires on nationalists.

Oh and the Sweden Democrats are the 3rd biggest party... among immigrants.

The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/gransknin...odda-utomlands
    finnish YLE version google translated as didn't work with SVT original: https://translate.google.fi/translat...-text=&act=url

58 percent of rapists born outside Sweden according to study. It involved 843 rapists from past 5 years who had been convicted for rape or attempt of rape.

427 out of the 843 were born outside Sweden. 197 in Middle-East or Northern Africa, 134 in Southern Africa, and 96 elsewhere outside Europe. In cases were the rapist and victim didn't know each other, numbers were even more biased, with over 8 out of 10 rapists being born abroad. 40% of them had been in Sweden less than a year so they were newly arrived immigrants.

This study only took in account those who had been sentenced, all sorts of sexual harassment that has been so rampant in Sweden that they even cancelled country's biggest music festival because of it, aren't included at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/gransknin...odda-utomlands
    finnish YLE version google translated as didn't work with SVT original: https://translate.google.fi/translat...-text=&act=url

58 percent of rapists born outside Sweden according to study. It involved 843 rapists from past 5 years who had been convicted for rape or attempt of rape.

427 out of the 843 were born outside Sweden. 197 in Middle-East or Northern Africa, 134 in Southern Africa, and 96 elsewhere outside Europe. In cases were the rapist and victim didn't know each other, numbers were even more biased, with over 8 out of 10 rapists being born abroad. 40% of them had been in Sweden less than a year so they were newly arrived immigrants.

This study only took in account those who had been sentenced, all sorts of sexual harassment that has been so rampant in Sweden that they even cancelled country's biggest music festival because of it, aren't included at all.
    It also likely doesn't take into account all the unreported rape cases which mostly happen between individuals that know people, including family members, which is most frequent among the native population.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    It also likely doesn't take into account all the unreported rape cases which mostly happen between individuals that know people, including family members, which is most frequent among the native population.
    It only takes in account convicted rapists, so neither will it take in account all the bush rapists who never got caught or identified afterwards.

Anyways article says 6 715 rape reports in 2016. While only 142 convictions.

Also its noteworthy that this isn't about ethnicity, but just about "being born abroad". So all the 2nd generation immigrants aren't part of that 58%.

Blog Entries

Watch as people try to explain this away and the rise in reported rape still has nothing to do with immigration.

I really like how you insist there simply MUST be some kind of hidden reason which explains why foreigners actually aren't overrepresented, despite all the statistics telling us otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NosPortatArma View Post
    I really like how you insist there simply MUST be some kind of hidden reason which explains why foreigners actually aren't overrepresented, despite all the statistics telling us otherwise.
    Well, it's also statistics that tells me that the public has a bias against foreigners in reporting crimes. The statistics also tells us that rape rates in Sweden fell even when the country received a high number of immigrants. So, I guess, tit for tat, I should say something like how I really like you keep ignoring the premise you try to advertise to be false.
    The Armenian Issue

Well, it's also statistics that tells me that the public has a bias against foreigners in reporting crimes. The statistics also tells us that rape rates in Sweden fell even when the country received a high number of immigrants. So, I guess, tit for tat, I should say something like how I really like you keep ignoring the premise you try to advertise to be false.
    well, it is fortunate that we don't have to rely on amateur speculations, because professional and official statisticians have already answered those questions.

regarding public bias against foreigners, brå 2005 concluded that it probably was only a minor contributing factor to immigrants' overrepresentation. if you'd read the statistics you'd know the overrepresentation factors are sometimes quite high, definitely too high to be explained just by biases. Your speculation just an uninformed speculation, not better than a guess. And when we have actual statistics available that adress it, your guess is worthless and irrelevant.

regarding that "rape rates fell even though high immigration"... I don't even have to refer to a study, because everyone with basic logic skills knows there are many other factors, which makes it possible for (immigrants are overrepresented) and (rape rates are falling) to be true at the same time. For example, maybe the native rape rate fell so as to negate the newly arrived immigrant rape rate. Maybe immigration takes some time before it is reflected in rape statistics. I don't exaclty know, and more importantly neither do you. There could be any number of factors that explain this. However, that immigrants are overrepresented has already been showed in other studies, so there is not any debate about that. We can already quite safely say that immigrants are overrepresnted, so there must be other factors which explains why rape rates didn't rise, which is why your "rape rates fell even though high immigration" argument is irrelevant.

well, it is fortunate that we don't have to rely on amateur speculations, because professional and official statisticians have already answered those questions.

regarding public bias against foreigners, brå 2005 concluded that it probably was only a minor contributing factor to immigrants' overrepresentation. if you'd read the statistics you'd know the overrepresentation factors are sometimes quite high, definitely too high to be explained just by biases. Your speculation just an uninformed speculation, not better than a guess. And when we have actual statistics available that adress it, your guess is worthless and irrelevant.

regarding that "rape rates fell even though high immigration"... I don't even have to refer to a study, because everyone with basic logic skills knows there are many other factors, which makes it possible for (immigrants are overrepresented) and (rape rates are falling) to be true at the same time. For example, maybe the native rape rate fell so as to negate the newly arrived immigrant rape rate. Maybe immigration takes some time before it is reflected in rape statistics. I don't exaclty know, and more importantly neither do you. There could be any number of factors that explain this. However, that immigrants are overrepresented has already been showed in other studies, so there is not any debate about that. We can already quite safely say that immigrants are overrepresnted, so there must be other factors which explains why rape rates didn't rise, which is why your "rape rates fell even though high immigration" argument is irrelevant.
    Basically, what you're saying here is that you prefer to rely on numbers that paint an ignorant picture just because its convenient. When your premise as dumb as that you end up claiming that over a year the local's rape rate decreased so biblically that it managed to negate those coming from the "real problem" and managed to turn things around. All in all, it's quite futile to argue as if rape statistics, based on only official reports or convictions, are reliable enough to paint a good enough picture. Survey's all around the world show how small the picture you can paint with the official data is.

The real crux of the matter is that trying to use sensational numbers for the sake of racism (or xenophobia in general) to label an entire group of people as the primary problem. In reality, they are not, and that idiotic act of lying through numbers actually hurts the public in general. That's because people are not really against rape. You don't see them making the same fuss when priests rape, or when family relatives rape. People are against rape by a certain group of people. That in a way normalizes rape to a degree. It's despicable.
    The Armenian Issue

Praeses

Its pretty simple. Sweden has brought in refugees and they are more likely to offend than the native population for a bunch of reasons. 1. lots of young men (more likely to be violent than grannies) 2. different attitudes to consent and age of consent (alien culture)-given Sweden's consent laws I can imagine many visitors offend without knowing it eg a certain Australian. 3. come from lawless regions 4. may be traumatise by recent violence where they came from.

This is true of refugees in Australia elsewhere, each lot coming in brings a certain amount of offending until they integrate. if you bring in outsiders there will be violence until they acculturate. If the US suffered a terrible natural disaster and became unlivable, and a significant proportion of the population fled without papers into other countries you'd see a lot of law breaking US people too. No doubt there'd be some scum politicians trying to whip up votes by denigrating them, claiming something about their DNA or religion or culture was to blame.

This bizarre fascination by many non Swedes for some crime in Sweden when its still one of the most law abiding countries in the world is disingenuous. My relatives there do not give the same picture as some posters ITT. I think its non swedes trying to score political points by trolling, and people misled by them. Frankly most Swedes i know are far ore concerned about Russian aggression in the Baltic than immigrants.

Its a Swedish matter, and their leaders have made their choices in the context of having one of the most stable, low crime, fair, healthy, safe and blonde communities in existence. If its a mistake to allow immigrants in then its a rare one in an otherwise well performed country. I think its generous and fair to let refugees in, even if there's a cost, and its a sign that Sweden is a mature and generous culture.

If there are racist or bigoted or other evil-motivated scum trying to whip up fear to shatter Sweden they can go to hell.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Still Europe is far safer than it was 30 years ago. Crime has been reduced almost everywhere and that includes countries like Spain, Italy and Greece that see all these waves of immigrants entering. These are realities that far-right loves to forget because it doesn't suit its narrative

When all that is taken into account, what do the statistics show?

Blog Entries

Some Swedes actually aren’t big fans of increasing the rate of violence in their country, which is why they are voting SD. Where did this 1/5 of Swedes come from?

About the non-swedes comment, you have people like this guy actually making balanced videos about the subject. But I suppose he’s just

racist or bigoted or other evil-motivated scum trying to whip up fear to shatter Sweden they can go to hell.

Basically, what you're saying here is that you prefer to rely on numbers that paint an ignorant picture just because its convenient. When your premise as dumb as that you end up claiming that over a year the local's rape rate decreased so biblically that it managed to negate those coming from the "real problem" and managed to turn things around. All in all, it's quite futile to argue as if rape statistics, based on only official reports or convictions, are reliable enough to paint a good enough picture. Survey's all around the world show how small the picture you can paint with the official data is.

The real crux of the matter is that trying to use sensational numbers for the sake of racism (or xenophobia in general) to label an entire group of people as the primary problem. In reality, they are not, and that idiotic act of lying through numbers actually hurts the public in general. That's because people are not really against rape. You don't see them making the same fuss when priests rape, or when family relatives rape. People are against rape by a certain group of people. That in a way normalizes rape to a degree. It's despicable.
    the numbers that I "rely" on are official statistics which clearly tells us immigrants are overrepresented. But you find these numbers inconvenient. your argument is ridiculous. lets establish the facts: in 2005 studies were made, showing that people from certain countries are overrpresented. Now, years later more people from those countries arrive, with similar demographic profile, and yet the national rape rate falls.

from those facts you draw the conclusion: this MUST be because these groups have somehow stopped being so overrepresented! I admit, it's a possibility, but it's not very likely at all. A reasonable person would know that many factors go into this, and probably a change in one of them explains this better than a radical change in behaviour of the immigrant groups.

That's all i can say about this... Either you understand logic or you dont.. Either you can just accept that statistics show immigrants are overrepresented, or you can dismiss statistics all togehter, or insist that you know better than professional statisticians...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This bizarre fascination by many non Swedes for some crime in Sweden when its still one of the most law abiding countries in the world is disingenuous. My relatives there do not give the same picture as some posters ITT. I think its non swedes trying to score political points by trolling, and people misled by them. Frankly most Swedes i know are far ore concerned about Russian aggression in the Baltic than immigrants.

Its a Swedish matter, and their leaders have made their choices in the context of having one of the most stable, low crime, fair, healthy, safe and blonde communities in existence. If its a mistake to allow immigrants in then its a rare one in an otherwise well performed country. I think its generous and fair to let refugees in, even if there's a cost, and its a sign that Sweden is a mature and generous culture.
    I think the contrast is what makes people interested in Sweden. the native swedish population is, as you say, one of the least criminal in the world. And as of yet, native swedes still make up most of sweden, making sweden overall very safe. The immigrant population though is heavily concentrated to the cities, and so is the crime. The contrast is, that whereas most of sweden -rural and medium sized cities- are super safe, some sub-urbs of malmö, göteborg and stockholm have SUPER high crime rates that are on par with chicago, detroit or any of the worst american areas. Areas where drug deals are made openly, where police don't dare to go, areas where the real authority is with gangs, with regular shootings and even grenade attacks. And of course, immigrant population is growing, and so are the areas dominated by them, and those areas have more crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Still Europe is far safer than it was 30 years ago. Crime has been reduced almost everywhere and that includes countries like Spain, Italy and Greece that see all these waves of immigrants entering. These are realities that far-right loves to forget because it doesn't suit its narrative
    as i've said to setekh, atleast for the case of sweden, we don't have to rely on your or setekhs uninformed speculations about wheter immigrants are overrepresented: we have statistics that clearly tells us so. Now, who is it that is ignoring realities that don't suit their narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    When all that is taken into account, what do the statistics show?
    That foreigners' representation in rape statistics are likely to be much more in line with their population representation. Vast majority of rape cases are done by the native population which people seems to not care about.

the numbers that I "rely" on are official statistics which clearly tells us immigrants are overrepresented. But you find these numbers inconvenient. your argument is ridiculous. lets establish the facts: in 2005 studies were made, showing that people from certain countries are overrpresented. Now, years later more people from those countries arrive, with similar demographic profile, and yet the national rape rate falls.

from those facts you draw the conclusion: this MUST be because these groups have somehow stopped being so overrepresented! I admit, it's a possibility, but it's not very likely at all. A reasonable person would know that many factors go into this, and probably a change in one of them explains this better than a radical change in behaviour of the immigrant groups.

That's all i can say about this... Either you understand logic or you dont.. Either you can just accept that statistics show immigrants are overrepresented, or you can dismiss statistics all togehter, or insist that you know better than professional statisticians...
    Please read what people write more carefully. I did not argue that foreigners stopped being so overrepresented. At no point did my comments pointed at a change in behavior of the immigrants. You seem to be making up stuff I didn't argue to defend your position. Which makes your accusation of me finding the statistics inconvenient ironic. Convenience is your drive. Not mine. No, I don't find the numbers inconvenient. I find them unreliable as they provide a small fragmented contradicting picture that's not in line with a number of surveys.
    The Armenian Issue