Thread: Problem with creating a new faction leader

Default Problem with creating a new faction leader

Hello,

I've been creating a new faction leader for Britain rather than using the existing Roman leaders but I've ran into a few bumps, please keep in mind this is the first time I've modded a faction leader other than simply changing the variant.

So I've created the new variants for my faction leader in the 'variants' table, I've also created a field in agent_uniforms and also fields in campaign_character_art/campaign_character_art_sets. I've also changed the frontend_faction_leader to match the new variant.

So the frontend works, the general unit works in both the campaign and in battles however I've ran into a problem, none of my generals or faction leader have a portrait or unit card (just displays the actual unit) and the 3D portrait in the bottom left is empty - however on the diplomacy screen it works. I would like to reuse the existing general portraits and faction leader portrait/unit cards, could someone give me advice?

I'm at work at the moment I can post screenshots of my table set ups in a few hours.

Thanks

Default Re: Problem with creating a new faction leader

Hello. You must assign a portrait to your character in the "start_pos_characters" table. You can modify an existing one or add a new one in the "campaign_character_art_sets" table.

Don't forget the portraits route:

And if the portrait you can only be changed through the PFM, you will have to do it here (startpos.esf):