Thread: Why should I buy this game?

Icon5 Why should I buy this game?

I'm weighing buying this game or Attila, and would appreciate any opinions why this game is or isn't better.

Thank you

Default Re: Why should I buy this game?

Well, depends of your tastes.

Which historical setting do you like more? The rise or the fall of the Roman Empire?
    Do you prefer empire building (Rome 2) or survival in a seeming falling world (Attila)?

And Rome 2 seems to be more optimized than Attila.

in my opinion, you shouldnt buy this game because CA has done a bad work on horse animations, they look like horses made of sticks. attilla has same stupid graphics.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Why buy this game? Because it offers variety in battles (ambushes, sieges, unwalled towns, port battles and open field engagements), variety in fighting styles (some rely more on sword infantry, some on infantry skirmishers, some on spear infantry, some on cavalry skirmishers) and variety in faction starting positions and rosters (for example, if you like playing factions with strong defensive infantry, you can play as one of the city states in Greece itself, or a Greek colony which has incorporated eastern or steppe traditions, or a Greek colony which includes some Celtic units. There are Greek colonies with relatively strong/safe starting positions, such as Cimmeria and Massalia, and Greek colonies in vulnerable/weak starts, such as Syracuse and Colchis.)

It's not perfect, of course, but it has benefited from a lot of work since release, with 19 patches.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Don't buy it. Vanilla wise its the worst game out of the series. Either buy Attila or wait for 3 Kingdoms

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'd recommend Rome 2 over Attila.
    • Attila is pretty badly optimised
    • Rome 2 has better campaign mods (like Divide et Impera)
    • Rome 2 is the more interesting era (personal opinion)
    • Rome 2 has a better campaign (no annoying bloody death stacks of Huns and mini Ice Age)

If you want to know which Total War game is best overall though, I'd recommend Medieval 2 or Shogun 2.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Rome II is more preferable for Kingdom Formation and its only two flaws is (family tree or choosing the hier with marriages ,AI tends to defend) but Attila is more centric about Crushing all the factions and more chaotic gameplay , i prefer diplomacy and gameplay of romeII
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Attilla is more "fun" in my opinion than Rome II