Thread: Shield Texture (Variant) Limits?

Default Shield Texture (Variant) Limits?

Hi, I would just like to know if variantmeshes - shields (texture) or design have limits in each unit you make. And What I mean about limits is that, are they limited up to four unique shield designs or not? I am trying to make a mod that contains up to 22 different shield patterns/designs in a single unit. a legionary cohort unit that is made up of 22 unique shields from different kinds of legions. Legio I - XXII. Thanks in advance..

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Shield Texture (Variant) Limits?

Yep I think there is a limit, about 5 to 10 or something like that. I'd suggest just adding heaps of unique shields that can easily be told apart and count how many unique ones show up in-game.

Default Re: Shield Texture (Variant) Limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Yep I think there is a limit, about 5 to 10 or something like that. I'd suggest just adding heaps of unique shields that can easily be told apart and count how many unique ones show up in-game.
    Yea..
    Tried all of it the ones that shows up are from legio 1 - 16 shield texture only. Which means that it reads upto 4 different shield patterns per unit variant. I tried creating four types of legionary men in a single unit with different equipments (armor style, weapons shielda etc.) Each legionary men have 4 different shield texture which makes up to 16 shield texture all in all. At the end only created 16 legion shield design for that legionary unit card.