Thread: Money problem

Default Money problem

I am currently playing LTC v2.0 and I have serious problems with lack of money. I am England and I have got all provinces in England, Scotland and Ireland. Only London is a castle, the rest are cities. From the beginning I’ve been trying to build markets, farms and ports. My army consists from 2 full stacks of mixed units. I’ve even conquered 2 cities in North Africa to improve my finance but it didn’t help enough. My finance status is aprox. – 15 000. I can’t imagine what I should have done differently from the beginning to receive more money.

Do you have any advice? Thx...

Default Re: Money problem

Financial overview:

Not sure what to tell you. Are you using the free garrison feature?

My suspicion is you just grew your army to large and are using too expensive troops. Go fight people. I have the UK + 4 provinces on the north coast of France in my england game, maybe 1115 right now. I have garrisons in my towns and 4 3/4 stacks of troops (low quality though). Only Caen and Nottingham are castles.
    Map guru
    RTR Fan

STOP CREEPING BIGGERISM

until you capture some of the France provinces & use all merchants at your diposal on your mainland resources you will have trouble to field a stack of good inf & missile troops. Also get trade rights with everyone you come accross.
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

dble post
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

Also, don't build every structure in every city. Specialize your cities, and build only what you really need until you get your economy rolling. Easiest buildings to skip in cities are the Smith and Siege equip lines. Siege can & should be built in castles (even then, only really need 1 castle to be able to build them: don't need many and they rarely die). For smiths, have one of your biggest cities fully upgrade a smith and use it to build the garrison units for all of your cities, rest of your cities will never need one. For the rest of the buildings, upgrade in order of what helps your economy the most or allows construction of agents. Ports / Mines help econ the most, Barracks will allow garrison free upkeep, markets not only increase income but increase max # merchants you can have, and any structure needed to keep order so you can increase your tax rate is well worth building.

Barracks: Low level barracks need to be upgraded asap so your garrison units will get free upkeep (you only get free upkeep for units the city they're stationed in can actually build), but most cities really don't need the higher lvl barracks.

Churches/Inns/Town Halls: 1 of your best cities to go for Cathedrals and to build all your priests, don't accept any guild other than Theologians in this city. 1 of your best cities fully upgrade Inn line and build assassins / assassin guild (spies are too easy to lvl up to worry about getting a guild for them). Rest of your cities can live with lvl 1 church and a brothel until you need need more order (Inns help population growth as well as order, I'll upgrade inns before churches or town halls). Town Halls just increase order, build as needed to allow max tax rate.

ports/mines/markets/roads/farming all need full upgrades.

Similarly, with castles, you don't need siege upgrades in most of them, and really only need archery upgrades in 1 per front since archers don't take anywhere near the casualties infantry/cavalry do.