Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn End Crash

Default Re: Turn End Crash

Looks like it's doing the same thing - you're going to have to observe what's happening. Are the Sauromatae killing off the Bosporans?

The game crashes here. It seemed that the small Sauro stack right outside Iwzagtai Zakhta (Sauro capital) was going inside the city or something. Neither the garrison nor the stack have any FM's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

Hey QS, were you able to find out what's causing the latest issue?

I can't tell from the screenshot. What are the stack and settlement made up of (as in what units are there)?

Have you tried moving the stack out of range of the settlement?

I can character_reset the Sauro stack but the game doesn't seem to recognize the captain's name when I try the move_character command (Captain Khunara - in-game, Captain Khunar - descr_names). I tried character_reset and moving a captained Taksashila stack to just outside the city and that worked so I think there's something up with this Sauro captain's name.

However, the Taksashila stack doesn't do anything in its turn despite being at war with the Sauro and the game crashes in the Sauro turn just like before.
    Last edited by XDeath007; April 23, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

All I can suggest is scouting around the Sauromatae holdings (settlements and stacks) and looking out for anything unusual.

The AI can't be forced into particular action just by moving them; indeed they tend to "forget" a transplanted stack unless you reload the game.

I just tried moving that Sauro stack away out of range of the capital thinking it was some sort of bad interaction between the two causing the crashes but to no avail. Every crash, the game moves the screen directly over that capital city I showed the screenshot of earlier. I checked both the stack and garrison and there are no FM's or agents.

I've attached the log again. I'm almost certain this has something to do with the capital.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was having an intermittent end of turn crash - on the Eleutheroi turn. I reloaded a recent save and the save now crashes on start up. I have attached the error log.eb.system.log.txt
    I ran it again with the trace turned on if you need it.
    Regards
    P.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    I was having an intermittent end of turn crash - on the Eleutheroi turn. I reloaded a recent save and the save now crashes on start up. I have attached the error log.eb.system.log.txt
    I ran it again with the trace turned on if you need it.
    Regards
    P.
    That log doesn't even have a terminating error in it, I'm afraid. Is it the one from the crash?

Sorry, I assumed that it would not create a log if it didn't crash. The original 14 MB trace file is now only 2 MB so it must create a file regardless of whether it crashes. Bugger.
    BTW, what happens if a FM comes of age or marries into a full stack on a ship?
    Regards
    P.

You get a new error log every session, regardless of whether it crashes or not. The new one replaces the one from the session before, and so on, so you only ever have the log from the last session you played.

FMs can only Come of Age into a settlement. If their father is at sea, it chooses a settlement for them to appear in. Suitors married into the family appear in settlements too.

I did some more exploring and it seems that the Sauro FL and heir are both old and currently in separate towns. Maybe both are dying at the same time? Not sure how to go about trying to fix this one though...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.jpg   6.jpg  

An assassin with beefed up traits, and many reloads to ensure he gets one or the other.

Or else teleport an army over to one of them and kill him in battle.

I teleported an army to kill the heir but that didn't work. However, I killed the heir AND the FL in another attempt and that seemed to have done the trick. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by XDeath007 View Post
    I teleported an army to kill the heir but that didn't work. However, I killed the heir AND the FL in another attempt and that seemed to have done the trick. Thank you!
    Excellent. There are always ways and means when we know the root of a problem.

I was able to play for a while until something similar happened on the Sauro turn again.

Killing both the FL and heir didn't help this time. However, I noticed that the Sauro are about to take the last Bosporus city Pantikapaion (1 turn away from surrendering).

Is it possible that the Sauro are trying to switch their capital to Pantikapaion and maybe that somehow is causing the crashes? Perhaps the crashes come as a result of this particular city switching hands to certain factions (this was the same city that was also besieged when we were still on the earlier crashes).

I've attached a log again. Hopefully all this is contributing to future patches.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12