Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole-World Mod from 1204 to 1648

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Default Whole-World Mod from 1204 to 1648

Hello all! I'm making a mod covering the world from (most of) the Americas to East Asia. It started out as a submod for Falcom: Total War, but since I plan on overhauling pretty much everything other than the campaign map itself (and because that forum doesn't get a lot of traffic), I decided to make a post here asking for help (my original thread is here). The mod starts in 1204 after the fall of Constantinople during the Fourth Crusade and a few years before Genghis Khan begins his conquest in the east, and tentatively goes up to 1648 with the Thirty Years War ending.

I've been working on making new units and editing some text files, but not much else.

Factions: Kingdom of England, Kingdom of France, Kingdom of Scotland, Crown of Castile, The Holy Roman Empire, The Papal States, Kingdom of Poland, The Roman Empire, Republic of Novgorod, The Cuman Khaganate, Sultanate of Rum, The Ayyubid Caliphate, The Almohad Caliphate, The Khwarazmian Empire, The Chola Dynasty, The Mongol Khanate, Kingdoms of Tibet, The Great Jin Dynasty, Kingdom of Dai Viet, The Angkor Empire, The Song Dynasty, The Goryeo Dynasty, The Kamakura Shogunate, The Mali Empire, The Kanem Empire, Kingdom of Makuria, Altepetl of Tenochtitlan, The Maya Empire, The Purepecha Empire, Kingdom of Cuzco, and Independent Sovereignties (Rebels).

The rationale for the factions chosen are that altogether on the campaign map, they're all in proximity to several other factions which will make the campaign more fun and action-packed. I also wanted a decent mix of major and minor factions, and this is what I came up with. Plus, there's a fairly even distribution of them too, with the exception of North America which will be mostly rebels.

Help Needed: Animators (I want to add MARKA horses, which requires animation merging), campaign-map editors, researchers, 2D artists, unit modelers (I could technically do without these, but it would take a lot longer), someone that knows how to edit music.

I'd also like it if someone could come up with a nice name for this. I've got nothing.

Here's a few screenshots of the units that I made so far. There's a lot more done, but still a long way to go. More screenshots are in the thread linked above.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks to the following people for letting me use their stuff (hopefully I didn't forget anyone):
    -falcom4ever: Creator of the original mod, including the campaign map.
    -againster and the Asia Empires team: Asian units, voices, and settlements.
    -The Shaoding team: Asian units.
    -+Mr.Crow+ and the Bellum Crucis team: European units and face models.
    -The Italian Wars team: European units.
    -The Rusichi: Total War team: Russian and steppe units.
    -LAca's Byzantine Heavy Spearmen: Used as a base for many Roman units.
    -burrek's Unique Europeans: Barded horses for Europe.
    -Broken Crescent: Middle-Eastern and Roman units. And elephant textures.
    -War of the West: European units.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; April 08, 2018 at 02:33 AM.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Whole-World Mod from 1204 to 1648

Awesome!

Sounds great and already looks promising. Factions seemed a little odd at first but they're actually pretty great choices - certainly better than Falcom. If I could make a suggestion - set one province aside as an unreachable 'terra incognita' that covers the tribal regions uncolonized/sparsely colonized by the 1600s. So most of the Americas, Africa are blank. Maybe have some coasts conquerable, but not the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    Sounds great and already looks promising. Factions seemed a little odd at first but they're actually pretty great choices - certainly better than Falcom. If I could make a suggestion - set one province aside as an unreachable 'terra incognita' that covers the tribal regions uncolonized/sparsely colonized by the 1600s. So most of the Americas, Africa are blank. Maybe have some coasts conquerable, but not the interior.
    I definitely plan on doing that to some extent, as I think I remember reading that the game can crash if the Rebel faction is destroyed (maybe something for the Papal States too). I also want to make room for more settlements in the Steppes. In vanilla Falcom, Tibet and the Jurchens are represented by only one region each. But I don't think I want "most" of it blank though, since Total War is always about alternate history to some extent. I'd need help with mapping though, since I don't know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    I definitely plan on doing that to some extent, as I think I remember reading that the game can crash if the Rebel faction is destroyed (maybe something for the Papal States too). I also want to make room for more settlements in the Steppes. In vanilla Falcom, Tibet and the Jurchens are represented by only one region each. But I don't think I want "most" of it blank though, since Total War is always about alternate history to some extent. I'd need help with mapping though, since I don't know anything about it.
    Mapping is easy. It's probably easier to make a map from scratch than to make a single unit, so I'd worry about that last. It's just good to plan to use your 199 provinces effectively.

@Metal.Pigeon

Buddy i beg u not to do 1204-1648 mod coverage this is simply bad idea. I always look for specific close to history mod to play and i hope many others do. But this is nutshell example , although i think Falcom mod is very interesting design and idea is pure i do rly think it is not so good mod compared what we have from other mods.No offense intended.

Best examples are so called Eras TW mod and Sicilian Vespers because these mods simply instead filling impossible odds of everyone desire manage to create specific time frames for specific history time quite well. There is upgrades of vanilla mods and Stainless steel mod as benchmark for total vanilla conversions , but IMHO i think those mods are not even close to SV and ERAS simply cuz main problems are imbalanced areas of map where u have crowded nations packed all over the place and then u have vast areas with barely than two factions. IMHO this is were SV and ERAS mods are supreme rulers simply they encompassed all factions in specific period more historically accurate and more diverse than other mods. Ofc u have specific mods like Hundred Years mod and 1648 which are mods with great idea and goals that perfectly executed.
    Dont get me wrong SS mod is rly jewel and i have all versions but gameplay is not same as SV and ERAS and close to historical accuracy.

Now my point is this, first of all map of Falcom mod is too huge to be rly good represent history of factions to even considered it conquest anything especially in Africa and south America is almost killing gameplay. Factions are widespread with not rly impacts during gameplay especially ASEAN region. I would say boring to same lvl to play it.

So main problem for your mod is year 1204.
    First of all Scotland absolute not important for that huge global map i would never put it cuz it will be destroyed by English in 13 century and will rise after 1317 ad. Same problem with Poland not rly important for such huge map at 1204 esp cuz mongols will utterly raze most of Poland between 1241 to about 1280. Novgorod is bit problem many ppl here puts Novgorod wrongly in 1204. Novgorod WAS NOT independent in that year it will rise as independent principality in year 1223 when mongols will destroy Kievan Rus and after 1231 it will become Mongol vassal. So real faction should be Kievan Rus not Novgorod (although will could argue about level of central power Kiev rulers had). Same goes for Cumans they will be crushed 1230-1235 by Mongols. So as u can same question over and over again how this will looked in year 1648 with Mongols or Cumans or any faction on gameplay IMHO i think not good.

My sincerely proposal to u as i can see u r well experienced moder is that u make true flavor mod that everyone would like and that is specific time periods inside one mod like Sicilian Vespers and ERAS TW have. It could be like this:

Mod name: Global Total War
    1st mod: time frame (dark ages) - mod name: Barbarian Invasion start year 476 - end year 800 (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year)
    2st mod: time frame (viking age) - mod name : Northern Rage start year 800 - end year 1080 (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year)
    3rd mod: time frame (crusade age) - mod name: Kingdom of Heaven start year 1080 - end year 1291/1300 (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year)
    4th mod: time frame (high and late medieval age(renaissances)) - mod name: Feudalism start year 1291/1300 - end year 1492 (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year)
    5th mod: time frame (colonial age) - mod name: Colonial Total War start year - 1492 end year 1648 or it should be 1700 (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year)
    6th mod: time frame (imperial age) - mod name: Imperial Total War start year 1700 - end year 1815 (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year)

This way u can add 1-4 mods European theater (Vanilla based) as experienced moder u could import from M2TWK units for specific period in KoH version. And 5-6 could be World map more focused and more accurate because u have more defined factions for specific period and more maneuver to do with factions and events, better gameplay for all and very focus on some new factions that were barely represent in M2TW mods. BTW names of these mods comes from my Civ 3 conquest scenarios that i made for me and friends years ago.

As u can see much better for u is to u to start your mod lets say from 1492 than 1204 cuz u will avoid rly challenges that u (sry again not offense intended) would correctly represent in your mod. U also have access of many mods that fit nicely into my proposal for u and u could fill it fast and accurate.

If u considered this option i could help to some extent but im not experienced moder for m2tw although i could collect and do psp, ui etc. I have TS for use from gaming community that i belong so if u r willing to go endeavor into this proposal send me pvt msg.

Thanks for the feedback, no offense taken.

When choosing which factions to include, the long timeframe did prove to be somewhat of an issue. But my goal is to polish up falcom's original vision, with a few changes. The original Falcom covers 1080 to 1530, which is a similar span of time as 1204 to 1648. But I chose 1204 so that it would make sense for factions like the Incas (here renamed to Cuzco, which was founded in 1197), Jurchens (Great Jin founded in 1115), a unified Japan (Kamakura founded in 1185), and others to exist. This start date also makes more sense (although not 100% accurate) to allow for factions like Mali (empire founded in 1235). I do know that mods like Eras: Total Conquest chose to focus on smaller time periods, but the main appeal of Falcom is that it tries to cover a wider area, so I chose 1648 as an end date to keep the campaign roughly the same length as the original. Plus, 1530 is too early to end for a mod including the Americas, at least in my opinion, and I find the end date to be pretty arbitrary anyway. I do respect what the Eras: Total Conquest and the SV teams did, but I want to bring something relatively new to the table. However, factions like the Song, Great Jin, and Angkor that collapsed somewhat early into the timeframe will get new units that represent their historical "successors." For instance, the Song get some Ming units, the Great Jin some Qing units, and Angkor some Ayutthaya units.

I know that the faction list may seem strange to some, but the main focus is to get a mix of dispersion across the campaign map as well as proximity between the factions. In the original Falcom, playing as Zimbabwe or the Apache got boring really quickly because you do nothing but fight rebels for a lot of the time. Novgorod also had that issue (although not to as big of an extent), so that's why I added the Cumans. The Cumans also "link" Tibet to Europe by filling in that void in the middle, and Tibet itself was added to fill in the void between the Mongols and what would be the Cumans. Hungary, Portugal, and Denmark were removed because Europe was too heavily saturated of factions (and the AI never did much as them) and there were people on the Falcom forums that requested that they be replaced by factions like Korea (a really popular request), the Khwarazmians, and whatnot. Scotland is still there because they do provide a more unique playstyle with an emphasis on pikes early on, and because I wanted one more Western European faction to make it easier to stay within the 500 unit limit. I chose Novgorod as the Russian faction because of their prominence a little (but not too much) later on into the timeframe. Besides, every Total War campaign plays with alternate history to an extent, so even though huge factions like the Cumans and Khwarazmians fell to the Mongols during their conquests in the 13th century, it's entirely in the player's hands to survive as them. I also always liked playing as underdog factions, hence why nations like Dai Viet are here. Dai Viet in particular managed to survive for a pretty long time, along with being a speed bump if the Song want to expand into Southeast Asia. Tibet was also not a unified entity at this point, but they were one of the first to go to war with the Mongols. They're also going to be one of those (admittedly rather large) underdog factions, and their roster will resemble the Phagmodrupa Dynasty later on. The Mongols themselves will get Great Yuan-era units too. I'm attaching a rough faction map to this post so my reasoning is a bit easier to see about the dispersion, which isn't perfect but will lessen the problem of having nothing to fight but rebels for long periods of time when trying to reach other factions.

However, I'm still open to reasonable faction requests (won't add factions like Champa, since 2 factions in Southeast Asia is enough, for example). Scotland can be replaced with Kiev, as they would still share a lot of units with existing factions (Novgorod), but for now, I like the idea of them allying with France to take on England (and it forces the English to focus on things other than France).

For now, I'm going to finish what I already started (a lot of progress is already made), but this won't be the end of my modding. I'm also considering making a 16th to 17th century mod in lieu of Falcom's 1518 version.

EDIT: I might also make a version excluding the Americas and add the Ghurids, Srivijaya, Kiev, and a Scandinavian kingdom as replacements for the American factions. Not now, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faction Map.jpg  
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; April 10, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

First i understand this is game u cant get more accurate than history etc. But what im trying to tell u is inbalancing areas for example this map that u attached is eastern hemisphere only so imagine this u add Zengi kingdom or Mali empire for most of time u wont be able even to get to another faction or be challenged of other factions cuz u too far away on the map so eventually u can mustered quite large force. Which is in some way nice but it will generally be disaster for gameplay.
    Now as i said (with all due respect) problem atic factons such is JIn dynasty will accutally last only to 1223 when mongols will wipe them out. Same goes for few factions such is Khwarizem empire which will be crushed by 1225. So in real time u can play them with importance of only 20 maybe 30 turns. Because u need to represent Mongols what they were.
    It is nice to see some limitations for example if u choose to only use this eastern hemisphere map is ok u can make and manouver with factions, but u sing entire world is problematic.
    Now europe in 1204 had these kingdoms very important to major gameplay until lets say 1500: (starts in 2014) again due to all respect to many other that i will not named.
    1. crown of castile (u added)
    2. france - very hard positons for them many rgions should be included into france in that year. So u need maybe France unification Event ( u added)
    3. england - very strong ( u added)
    4. HRE - the most strongest factions ( u added) controls enitre sicily and calabria with apulia.
    5. Portugal- added
    6. papal states -added
    7. venice - not added but problem more impacting on map that scotland
    8. hungary - added
    9. poland very bad postions similar to france u will need unification event or task to unite all polish lands cuz this is period of basic civil war in poland (very mess period for poland) Polish factions should start from Krakow only all other region under rebels. (added)
    10. bulgaria - not added but important cuz this will impact on rise of Roman/Byzantine empire. this is period of rise of 2nd bulgarian empire. Need as balanced against OP build of Hungary, Byzantines, Serbs.
    11. serbia - not added again similar postions such as bulgars will rise as strong kingdom and eventually become empire in 1 half of 14 century.
    12. Roman empire or that specific period Empire of niceae - added but not with constaninople as capitol it needs to be niceae as capitol. surrounded from turks, rebels, and balakn rising powers serbia and bulgaria. very hard position -added
    13. kievan rus - not added full decline of this kingdom. several events neede to be represent here. russain unifaction etc.
    14.Cumans - added will be crushed by mongols until 1235 question as i mentioned earlier how they can impact on map lets say until 1500.
    15. Denamrk - not added main faction in scandinavia eventually it conquer all scandinavia under Kalmar union.
    16. sweden - main rival of denamrk and russian states in that time not added
    17. republic of genoa - not added important italian faction that will challenged might of HRE and brew uprisings in middle italy for more city states that will come out in 14 century.
    18. scotland - remove but truly not as said before rly hard impact on huge global map from falcom mod. again not importnat for that huge map. although garnison of striong rebels and rebellion events should exist.
    19. lithuania -
    not added very important factions for poland balance and HRE and against Mongols
    there is also Pisa but they will not be strong until late 14 century although it important that some of these factions could be represent as strong rebels like: Pisa. Flanders, Blois, Holland, Friesland, Toulouse, Provence, Navvare, Leon, Zeta, smaller principalities of Poland, Blatic peoples (although we have here very importnat Lithuania that i didnt mentioned on list) from which new polish - lithianian commonwealth will rise., Brabant etc.

Now Asia is bit tricky many areas are not full covered my proposal is too erase jin dynasty and fit that area with strong rebel presence and rebellion events cuz they will be utterly crushed by mongols.
    So factions should be like this for asia IMHO:

1. turks - added
    2. crusader states - not added
    3. ayyubid sultanate - added
    4. khwarezim shahdom - added although they will be crushed by 1225. but u could stay with them cuz they were quite organized kingdoms and put strong resistance to mongols.
    5. mongols - added first task unification of tribes lets event from 1204-1209 small rebel garnisons around karakorum with several strong armies of mongols.
    6. tibetan kingdoms - remove useless faction better to give stronger rebel garnison and maintaned event/script of rebellion
    7. jurchnes - remove will be crushed by mongols utterly again for sake of gameplay better to enforce regions of jin dynatsy with strong rebels cuz Song dynasty is dynasty that actually had more organized state the seminomads from mnachuria.
    8. song dynasty - added
    9. goryeo - added
    10. khmer empire - added
    11. srivijaya - remove
    12. Ghurid sultanate - not added - important faction in india strong balanced towards chola empire and khwarezm and mongols.
    13. chola empire - added.
    14. abbasid caliphate - not added last remants in baghdad could be like strong rebel region or faction more important than dai viet or kanem bornu empire of makuria.
    15. japan - added

Africa:
    1. almohads -added
    2. mali empire - added
    3. zengi kingdoms - not added more relevant that kanem bornu on long run
    4. ayyubid sultanate - added
    5.emirate of benny ghaia - not added but truly not very strong kingdoms more like strong rebel there and maybe more rebellions.
    6. ethiopia - not added u added makuria very interesting approach but nevertheless better to add ethiopia or give those region strong rebel garnisons and focuz on zengi kingdoms to south of africa.

america:

1.aztecs -added (remove)but wrongly in that year they didnt exist in year 1204 they will arise as independent tribe from 1376 -1427 so this is even trickier than asia so maybe i would removed them or make them too weak and removed purpchean empire (tarascans and put them as strong rebels)
    2. cuzco - added
    3.mayan empire - added
    4. apachean tribes - not added neither we need them maybe stronger rebels garnisons with units from m2twk for them.

so my list of factions should be like this: (impact more on european/mediterran theathre):

europe : 1. france, 2. england, 3. hre, 4. venice, 5. hungary, 6. kievan rus, 7. bulgaria, 8. roman empire, 9. portugal, 10. castille, 11. papal states, 12. serbia, 13. poland, 14. denmark, 15. cumans
    asia: 16. mongols, 17. song, 18. khmers, 19. ghurids, 20. japan, 21. goryeo, 22. chola empire, 23. khwarezm sultanate, 24. srivijaya
    africa: 25. almohads, 26. mali empire, 27. zengi kingdoms
    americas: 28. mayans, 29. incas, 30. aztecs
    rebels: 31. rebels

All others should be strong rebel garnison.

Again, I'm going more for faction dispersion and a mix of both major and minor factions. I've kind of done too much to go back at this point, but I might consider making a major faction-focused mod in the future using what I'm doing now as a base. I'm definitely planning on making a 1518 version next.

i really did want to keep Srivijaya, but I couldn't find enough historical sources (especially visual material) to make a roster for them; Srivijaya in the original Falcom only had 4 units and none of their models were actually inspired by Srivijaya and were instead generic Southeast Asian peasants. Dai Viet is their replacement because they were a pretty important faction in Southeast Asia (sort of; they survived for a long time against Angkor, China, and eventually the Mongols), and I wanted two factions down there. Also, I'm of Vietnamese descent, and I will admit that I find the idea of making Dai Viet a world power rather fun; this mod started out as a personal projecy. But I get that not everyone will feel the same way.

I don't deny that your faction choices include a lot more of the historically significant groups, but there are more European factions than I'd like. I'll consider replacing Scotland with Bulgaria (depending on EDU; Bulgaria would need more unique units than Scotland who no longer has those kilts), but too many Europeans in comparison to the rest of the world was one of my main complaints with the original Falcom. Mali is (using the current Falcom map) very close to the Almohads, Makuria was chosen because of their proximity to Egypt (although I did choose Ethiopia initially), and Kanem was admittedly kind of chosen because I thought another African faction would be nice. I might replace them with the Ghurids though. I'm fond of Tibet and haven't seen them in any other mod before (aside from the 3 Khanates Eras campaign, where they're kind of just Mongol clones). Besides, Kanem, Tibet, Goryeo, and Khwarezm were asked for multiple times in the Falcom forums, and people noted that the AI of Denmark, Portugal, Ryukyu, and Hungary never did much. The Aztecs were in the original Falcom, and I decided to carry them over here in the form of the Altepetl of Tenochtitlan, which did exist at this point (although admittedly not as a major power, but they're more iconic than the Purepecha with jaguar warriors and whatnot). Depending on EDU space, I'd actually like to replace the Purepecha with the Kingdom of Chimor, who would be an immediate rival of Cuzco. The Purepecha share a lot of units with the Aztecs and Maya, while Chimor would need more new stuff.

I plan on finishing what I have planned now, but I will consider making a few versions of this. Changing a few factions like you suggested wouldn't be too difficult, but I'd hate to see the work I've already done go to waste.

Again, no offense taken. No need to worry about that. What I really wish is that we had a larger faction limit, so that we could all be happy. Imagine every settlement (aside from like, Siberia) being in control of another faction...

well IMHO europe was more important than some regions of world in that time thats why i included more european factions 15 of them it would be easier to prevent rapid european expansion toward africa and asia or even america if there is more uropean factions fighting for supremacy which can lead to more better gameplay. On toehr hand u could include scottish or welsh or any minor faction units as copies from either kingdoms and give them designeted buidling so players could purchase them.

As i said more lkely is more important that euro factions dont escape from europe too soon thats why i proposed my faction list but yet again your time frame is nutshell buddy and it will give more advesary gmeplay needed.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

why not Join Ranks with Imperial Total War you Can put Your Whole ideas with mine and making a Pretty Awesome Mod by Time-Frame is 1453-1700 AD Thus it will need some Creativity and a lot of Work but it Deserves, if you plan to make a new map why not use already existed map of Eras or Falcom Map ... or we can use and Existing mods and Starting as a Submod then Builds Things Up on it it will be Smother ,Easier and Finished Work
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

@Shogun: I definitely understand why you feel that way towards Europe, but in my opinion, Eras: Total Conquest already handles a focus on major factions fairly well. My focus here is on a mix of major and minor factions and, more importantly, faction distribution. Again, I'd rather make something relatively new.

@M.A.E: I don't mind lending a hand, but I'm also dead-set on this mod seeing the light of day. I'm using some work made by others but tweaking it a bit so that there's a consistent style in the units (to an extent), and I did find someone to help with the mapping now.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@Shogun: I definitely understand why you feel that way towards Europe, but in my opinion, Eras: Total Conquest already handles a focus on major factions fairly well. My focus here is on a mix of major and minor factions and, more importantly, faction distribution. Again, I'd rather make something relatively new.

@M.A.E: I don't mind lending a hand, but I'm also dead-set on this mod seeing the light of day. I'm using some work made by others but tweaking it a bit so that there's a consistent style in the units (to an extent), and I did find someone to help with the mapping now.
    that is Great i can merge my Imptw with your submod of late Era say 1453-1600 AD and make a combined work with a new map ...etc

I proposed ALL in One mod idea so we can incorporated something new. Yours idea is rly good, world map many major and minor faction,but time frame is nutshell buddy ( no offense). My proposal is too go little beyond ERAS and SV by creating new ALL in one mod which nobody is doing anymore and give more script/events more historical informative, maybe try to find ppl for new strat map creator for settlement and even try to find possibility to to make tactical lvl cities (not many of them just important ones, like they did it in TATW or TWT mods) and new context implemented from your mod idea and upgrade Falcom idea too. This mod that u make lets say would fit perfectly into my proposal Colonial Age Total War submod 1492-1700 and thats why i proposed if u are interested to do this:

Mod name: History /Global Total War 1080-1530 vanilla map (grand campaign) (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year
    1st mod: time frame (dark ages) - mod name: Barbarian Invasion start year 476 - end year 800 vanilla map (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year
    2st mod: time frame (viking age) - mod name : Northern Rage start year 800 - end year 1080 vanilla map (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year
    3rd mod: time frame (crusade age) - mod name: Kingdom of Heaven start year 1080 - end year 1291/1300/1307 vanilla map (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year
    4th mod: time frame (high and late medieval age(renaissances)) - mod name: Feudalism start year 1291/1300/1307 - end year 1492 vanilla map (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year
    5th mod: time frame (colonial age) - mod name: Colonial Total War start year - 1492 end year 1648 or it should be 1700 world map (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year
    6th mod: time frame (imperial age) - mod name: Imperial Total War start year 1700 - end year 1815 world map (1 turn 2 seasons or 1 turn 1 year) or 4 turns for 1 year

If u are interested i can help u with titles for regions and city and other traits, unit banners and flags , ui and other small stuff although im not experinced m2tw moder. I have TS of gaming community if u are willing to hear me out i can send u TS info address. Its USA based community but im european player so my time zone is CET (central european time) i can give u free channels and permissions for communication and too any1 team member. I can ask around TWC forums for additional help and thru my gaming community for assistance.

And if M.A.E is interested to merge and work with u and implement my proposal i would gladly give u hand both.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

I'd honestly love to see Shogun's idea be brought to life in a Medieval II mod, but unfortunately, even if M.A.E. and Metal.Pigeon work together on one single project, I doubt it will ever come to see the light of day without a whole team working on it like Stainless Steel or Third Age. For now, I think both of these guys should just stick with their own desired projects (I support the idea of combining projects if they wish to do so) and just make sure they're polished and made efficiently. The ones they're working on now are already pretty extensive and large, and Shogun's ideas, while cool, requires a lot of modding and modeling work, especially with the units.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@shogun already metal.pegion had joined the Imptw team helping me in Western faction creation, and we dont get to merge our thoughts yet but i hope we can just set a very stable mod and test ourselfes in making a polished submod first then going for the big prize to upgrade submod into stable sepraed mod
    @kmanbeast shogun is great and already seen a mod for it MTWII but dont remeber its name

and if anyone want to join our team as a unit creation ,Graphics designer,DB and desciptions, ...etc you are very welcome

@shogun: Again, I don't deny that your idea is interesting, but I'd rather do this first since it'll be less work. I've already completed too much to really go back and change much now.

@KmanBEAST: My main focus is going to be here, but since I saw that he needed a unit modeler and I was already making units suitable for the time period in his mod, I decided to just let him use them. Not really combining the projects, but just sharing some assets.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@shogun: Again, I don't deny that your idea is interesting, but I'd rather do this first since it'll be less work. I've already completed too much to really go back and change much now.

@KmanBEAST: My main focus is going to be here, but since I saw that he needed a unit modeler and I was already making units suitable for the time period in his mod, I decided to just let him use them. Not really combining the projects, but just sharing some assets.
    and i will help in traits and ancillaries and some scripts if you please too

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Ah, I see. I wish both you luck in your respective mods, and I'll be following them both

@M.A.E

@shogun already metal.pegion had joined the Imptw team helping me in Western faction creation, and we dont get to merge our thoughts yet but i hope we can just set a very stable mod and test ourselfes in making a polished submod first then going for the big prize to upgrade submod into stable sepraed mod

Oh, i didnt know that. Very nice.

IMHO u have very similar mod ideas little bit difference in time frame i think u should for easier cooperation join your two mods and implement all ideas from both mods into one. Again i said before IMHO time frame of Metal.Pigeon mod is truly hard to represent because it covers much bigger timeframe that yours originally.And my proposal to start mod from 1492 is much easier to both of u cuz compose both mods for same lvl of map.

@KmanBEAST

I'd honestly love to see Shogun's idea be brought to life in a Medieval II mod, but unfortunately, even if M.A.E. and Metal.Pigeon work together on one single project, I doubt it will ever come to see the light of day without a whole team working on it like Stainless Steel or Third Age. For now, I think both of these guys should just stick with their own desired projects (I support the idea of combining projects if they wish to do so) and just make sure they're polished and made efficiently. The ones they're working on now are already pretty extensive and large, and Shogun's ideas, while cool, requires a lot of modding and modeling work, especially with the units.

Tyvm for opinion. I think that Modelling can be bypass by asking other mod with all due respect and credit given to them to use models/units from them I actually have quite lot of them played and i think just difference between unit roster in many M2TWK mods are filled with quite precise units not to mentioned that vanilla units are quite accurate (not all but most are ) to historical reference. It would need little modeling for some units (like adding new shield coat of arms or maybe creating not more than 10 new units for first 4 mods of my proposal. Main mistake that some ppl doing by creating units is that they do not know difference between unit formation, name of unit, designated place or origin for example: Bosnian Archer is typical non historical unit from vanilla. Now lets brake it Unit formation: Archers (correct), Name of Unit: Bosnian Archer (not correct - never exist in rl, true name should be Bosnian Auxiliaries (Second hand troops), Place of Origin: Bosnia (correct).

When u create unit for this game main directive should be like this:

Unit formation:

Archers:
    1.Light archers: i.e.Town Archers, Militia Archers
    2.Heavy archers: i.e. Armored Archers (Serbia), Heavy Archer Militia, etc.
    3.Crossbowmen: i.e. Crossbowmen, etc.
    4.Heavy Crossbowmen: i.e. Italian city states crossbowmen etc.
    5.Archer Infantry
    6.specific archery units (from specific region or from nobility) such is Yeoman Rangers/Archery, Royal Archer Guard (Scotland), Longbowmen, Byzantine Heavy Guard Archer etc.

Infantry:
    1.light infantry
    2.heavy infantry
    3.light spearmen
    4.heavy spearmen
    5.specific infantry units (from specific region or from nobility): i.e. dismounted polish knights and such type of units from higher nobility

Cavalry:
    1.light cavalry
    2.heavycavalry
    3.horse archers: both with bow and crossbow
    4.specific cavalry units (from specific region or from nobility) such as imperial knights (HRE) etc.

Mercenaries:
    1.western mercenaries: i.e. English mercenary Longbowmen etc.
    2.eastern mercenaries: i.e.Tatar Lancer etc
    3.northern mercenaries: i.e. Viking/Northern Raiders etc.
    4.southern mercenaries: i.e. Turkopoles etc.
    5. specific mercenary units (from specific region or from nobility recruit able from faction roster such is Man-at-Arms, Free Company)

Knightly Orders:
    1.western knightly orders divided between all unit formations with lowest ranking members such is Templar Initiate (small infantry second help troops of Templars)
    2.eastern orders represent thru Jihad units divided from same unit formations (archers, cavalry,infantry) i.e. Ghazi Infantry etc.

Gunpowder units:
    1.infantry gunpowder units
    2.cavalry gunpowder units
    3.siege gunpowder units

Siege units:
    1.light siege units
    2.heavy siege units
    3.specific siege units

Auxiliaries:
    1.light auxiliary units
    2.heavy auxiliary units
    3.specific auxiliary units (from specific region)

This should be guideline when u create units. Similar post i proposed to SV mod few years ago when he was online and tried to go for SV 4.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast