Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (HS) 2v2 (or 2v2v1)The War for France

Default Re: (HS) 2v2 (or 2v2v1)The War for France

ill sub tomorrow if mergor doesnt do it

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Honestly, I have no desire to continue this hotseat. I know it's not the thing to do because of one defeat, but LPL won't do his turns so I have to do them, the mod is really imbalanced, both France's and the other alliance's armies are busted, and this would be a game where I'm constantly on the defense. Perhaps let's restart with some changes? I will do my turn if everyone has a strong desire to continue, but I do have to say that I have zero desire to do so.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Well, it looks pretty much like England&Scotland will win. Its an untested scenario and obviously unbalanced. I doubt France even have a chance to win this anyway. So, if Spain&Portugal surrender, I guess we may call this off.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Okay we will accept you guys conceding. Sad that it ended so quickly.

Should we restart this with a new more active player to take over for LPL?

I'm up for a restart, yes, but I'd like Scotland to ask fix some stuff before.

yes i will declare Scotland and England the victors in this case then, I will make the rules more straightforward, and fix some things. We will restart soon if all are still onboard?

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

As long as all players will be committed to playing this one out till the victor is certain, rather than just ahead. I do not want to start and end the HS 5 turns in again.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I guess France has to be AI or much more balanced. This is a 2v2 after all and France is in the middle. France's moves pretty much determine the victor. France had 1 strong army and when I took the control, it was already at Spanish border. This gives huge advantage to Northern alliance, also I never actually saw or tried but Scotland might have some unbalanced units as well...

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Or make France equally strong on both sides, so it also had a minimal chance to win, given it's 4v1 at first.

Could even give it a shot as France if it is free. But it is only in late August when I will finally have more time

My advice:

- Fix bugs. Pls not minarets in catholic nations. Every general mush have starting traits, preferably military minded, admin mindeds are useless.
    - Don't use elite units in starting armies, don't give busted generals at the start. (Also, the changed scottish pikes are not needed then.) It's fine if you can recruit them, but if used massed at the start, they are op.
    ^ What you could do instead is change the religion in Iberia, Portugal has a big public order problem
    - Don't put good units in every settlement, use militas more.
    Better army placements: Armies on all three sides should have the chance to get equal amounts of settlement or make equally good setups. Also, ports in every starting region.

^^ all that has been suggested is noted, i will work on test scenarios this week and will likely have it ready for this weekend. i may consult someone not in the hotseat to help with balance too , And Mergor find a partner if LPL isnt continuing. See ya guys soon any other suggestions just leave em here or pm or discord me

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I'll continue but to quicken the pace of me and mergor's turns I would like someone to put a timer for me as mergor more or less just tells me to do the turn and as I am lazy I just wait last minute and sometimes not even do it.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

I can harass you if you want

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123