Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heirs of Fingolfin (DaC Imladris 2.1 Submod)

Default Re: Heirs of Fingolfin (DaC Imladris 2.1 Submod)

Hello, I’m new to downloading mods and I’m having trouble downloading this submod. I have a working version of
    DAC 2.1. I have gone to the link and downloaded the file several times, I then attempted to move the download to the data folder as instructed, however it doesn’t seem to be working. Any help would be very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mcdougal View Post
    Hello, I’m new to downloading mods and I’m having trouble downloading this submod. I have a working version of
    DAC 2.1. I have gone to the link and downloaded the file several times, I then attempted to move the download to the data folder as instructed, however it doesn’t seem to be working. Any help would be very appreciated.
    What do you mean by "it doesn't seem to be working"? Do you get a crash upon launching the game?

I personaly had to play the mod on DAC 2.2 weirdly as it crashed on DAC 2.1.

I'd report this in Discord but your invite doesn't seem to be working. There seems to be a massive issue with the barracks buildings. They don't seem to enable me to train any of the post-barracks elven units. None. I only get more standard elven swords from Army Barracks. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I have gotten Lindon, but not Lorien or Mirkwood.

^ I believe this mod is for an older version and that might be causing your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterrick View Post
    I'd report this in Discord but your invite doesn't seem to be working. There seems to be a massive issue with the barracks buildings. They don't seem to enable me to train any of the post-barracks elven units. None. I only get more standard elven swords from Army Barracks. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I have gotten Lindon, but not Lorien or Mirkwood.
    Have you built the lvl 2 barracks? Did you also checked if you have enough culture to train them?

Quote Originally Posted by shooterrick View Post
    Hey, I recently got back into playing DaC, and downloaded this mod. I've also noticed a few bugs. I've never really done any modding in TW, but I decided to see if I could dig into the files and figure some of them out.

Anyway, regarding recruitment. Here are the rules that the mod sets for the Imladris faction. The following is a breakdown of recruitment options provided by regular recruitment buildings(barracks, stables, etc.) by region type. Note that you still need the correct tier of building, for instance Elbereth Swordsmen will require top tier barracks:
    any region - Imladris militia
    mountain regions - Imladris mid-range, Imladris elites
    coastal regions(after the acquisition of Lindon) - Lindon militia, Lindon mid-range (no elites)
    forest regions that are not in Mirkwood(after the acquisition of Lorien) - Lorien militia, Lorien mid-range, Lorien elites
    Mirkwood regions(after the acquisition of the Woodland Realm) - Woodland militia, Woodland mid-range, Woodland elites
    Dorwinion regions(after the acquisition of the Woodland Realm) - Avari Units
    grassland or desert regions - no additional units (aside from Imladris militia mentioned above)

Now, every coastal region also has an actual main terrain type (forest, mountain, etc) which means that you can often recruit Lindon units and another faction's units from the same barracks. For example, Forlond is a coastal forest region, so you can recruit Imladris militia, Lindon militia, Lindon mid-range, Lorien militia, Lorien mid-range, and Lorien elites from there.

As a result some regions offer excellent recruitment options, while in many others you're limited to Imladris militia. A good example of a region with poor recruitment options is Annon-en-Orod. Despite what the in-game description says, it's a grassland region, so you're limited to Imladris militia unless you build the Celebrimborian armorer guild.

One exception to those rules are Eldarinwe Lancers, which seem to be available everywhere.

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Hello, I am the afore-mentioned acorn man, as I just got my twcenter account I won't be able to attach much stuff, this is for 2.2, we have a discord (I'll post it later), Nolofinwe and I are working on updates and bugfixing. I just wanted to clear upt that this was for 2.2 and as soon as I can I will post the link.

This is the discord link https://discord.gg/UBNGWcD

To any moderators, please merge my above posts.

How come this is viewed 18.000 times and my submod just ~ 1000 times?

"There's something comforting about subjectivity. You can never be wrong."
    -Ben Shapiro (explaining to a progressive about why the media prefers lies over truth)

My submod for DaC 2.2:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(FINISHED!!!)

Because this is more vague, has a lore-based title, has been around longer, and is on Arachir's list of submods.

Thanks for the answer

"There's something comforting about subjectivity. You can never be wrong."
    -Ben Shapiro (explaining to a progressive about why the media prefers lies over truth)

My submod for DaC 2.2:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(FINISHED!!!)

Ñolofinwë, King of the Ñoldor's Avatar Foederatus

This will be moving to a newer, fresher, and more updated thread. If this could get removed in favor of the newer thread, I would be grateful.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

CLOSED ON REQUEST.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123