Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [2017 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default [2017 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Esteemed members of TWC, welcome to the 2017 Modding Awards!

Please use this thread for discussion about the awards, questions and possible suggestions for the future editions.

Please remember to read The Rules before nominating and don't forget that any nomination that does not conform will not be considered.

We are at your disposal for any clarification.

The Mod Awards Committee
    ♔atthias♔
    b0Gia de Bodemloze
    Commissar Caligula_
    Frunk
    Iskar
    La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham
    Lifthrasir
    Ngugi
    Shankbot de Bodemloze
    Steph
    Flinn
    Hader
    m_1512
    Last edited by Hader; May 09, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [2017 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Why there is no classic modder/mod/submod and resource awards like last year?

Also the lists of mods in the Med2 and Rome nomination threads look messed up - submods are in hosted mod category not in mod/submod category.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Why there is no classic modder/mod/submod and resource awards like last year?

Also the lists of mods in the Med2 and Rome nomination threads look messed up - submods are in hosted mod category not in mod/submod category.
    because we do those awards only every two years from now on IIRC

thanks for tellings us about MTW2 and RTW I will take a look
    EDIT it should be fixed now araval
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; May 10, 2018 at 04:51 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

So now with this change, my mod that is not located in "Hosted Mods", Should I mention it as if it were there?

P.S: I think that from the beginning should have been made a division of "Hosted Mod", "Mod", "Submod". And I also think that it would have been more fair in other previous awards. Although I see more logical this new change of not mixing mods with submods.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; May 10, 2018 at 06:09 AM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    So now with this change, my mod that is not located in "Hosted Mods", Should I mention it as if it were there?

P.S: I think that from the beginning should have been made a division of "Hosted Mod", "Mod", "Submod". And I also think that it would have been more fair in other previous awards. Although I see more logical this new change of not mixing mods with submods.
    which one sorry?
    if it is wrong I will take a second look and if neccesary discuss with my colleagues

I agree but to late for now I think but I will surely support such a change for the next edition

colleague
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

@ Miguel_80; while a change in itinere is very unlikely to happen (unless it is a completely broken thing), we will as usual collect all the ideas, feedbacks and suggestions and will discuss them for the next editions, so please feel free to share more if you have!

@ Araval; as atthias mentioned, we have suspended temporarily those categories, for obviuos reasons: originally we thought of them as una tantum categories (once a mod or a modder has been voted as to be the "best classical", it does not make sense for it/him to win it again), so we decided to put those categories on hold for a while (a year minimum) to give time to more mod and modders to turn into "classical". Same logic with the resources: tools are not very likely to be modified or updated (especially old ones or for older titles), therefore we are giving time to new tools/resources to be added in order to give sense to the "competition".
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ok guys. Quiet. If I find it better how it's currently set. But perhaps it should be called "Mods" the first section, and "Submods" the second section. It's a simple suggestion to avoid confusions.

Thanks for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    @ Araval; as atthias mentioned, we have suspended temporarily those categories, for obviuos reasons: originally we thought of them as una tantum categories (once a mod or a modder has been voted as to be the "best classical", it does not make sense for it/him to win it again), so we decided to put those categories on hold for a while (a year minimum) to give time to more mod and modders to turn into "classical". Same logic with the resources: tools are not very likely to be modified or updated (especially old ones or for older titles), therefore we are giving time to new tools/resources to be added in order to give sense to the "competition".
    I'd leave it to the players to nominate the classical mod or modder. If they don't think any deserves it then I doubt they'd nominate some randomly. Also I don't think there's only the four last year awarded modders across all the TW games who may be considered classic.

Default Re: [2017 Modding Awards] Shogun 2 Nominations Thread

What about North and south 2 rah edition?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Can you provide a link please, in order to let us check it again? Thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Can you provide a link please, in order to let us check it again? Thanks in advance.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ion-V2-Release here it is thank you

Blog Entries

@ Miguel_80, sorry for my late input. We have kept the forums categories for the awards categories. May be by slightly displacing the submods just under their main related mods would help for clarity. We would get something like this:

Example Mods 1
    Submod 1
    Submod 2
    Submod 3
    Mod 2
    Submod 1
    Submod 2
    Etc...

@ rohan97, your mod is not eligible for the 2017 Modding Awards because you have released it in 2018. But it will be next year for the 2018 Modding Awards
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 11, 2018 at 12:26 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    That version wouldn't be as Lifthrasir said, but the version before that would be.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...gn-map-Release

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I'd leave it to the players to nominate the classical mod or modder. If they don't think any deserves it then I doubt they'd nominate some randomly. Also I don't think there's only the four last year awarded modders across all the TW games who may be considered classic.
    Noted
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

@Lifthrasir: What I was referring to is that the "Favourite Hosted Mods" section includes mods (including some submod) that are published in:
    ... --> Medieval II: Total War Modifications --> Released Mods!

For example: My mod Hispania in the Middle Ages , Where should it go definitely? What is its right place?
    Last edited by Miguel_80; May 11, 2018 at 04:35 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hosted mods are those with their own forum, like (in M2's case) Hispania, or Europa Barbarium II, or TATW. As such, that title is fine.
    The other section is in practice mostly for submods, yes, but can likewise be just for minor mods to vanilla games, who have no forums of their own but are no submods.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hosted mods are those with their own forum, like (in M2's case) Hispania, or Europa Barbarium II, or TATW. As such, that title is fine.
    The other section is in practice mostly for submods, yes, but can likewise be just for minor mods to vanilla games, who have no forums of their own but are no submods.
    I already know, but this year it is placed differently.

It should be moved to mods/submods then.

Another idea would be put big submods with it's own subforum to one category with hosted mods. This might give a fairer competition for the actually smaller mods/submods.

Blog Entries

@ Miguel_80, the Medieval 2 categories are exactly the same for 3 or 4 years now. The only difference is that no more mods are developped nowadays for the Medieval 2 Hosted Mods category. Hence it doesn't appear anymore.

@ Araval, not sure to get your point rightly

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm insisting to get the right understanding of your point in order to improve the categories next year.

Edit: I got it (sorry to be slow ).
    Actually, it should have been "Medieval II: Total War Modifications" instead of "Favourite hosted mod" and "Medieaval II: Kingdoms Hosted Modifications" instead of "Favourite mod/submods". Sorry for the mistake.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

Hi friends,
    My KLA’s Roman Legionaries would be better in Battle Map Mods than Hosted Mods. There is unts skins mod.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast