Thread: Best Disk Defrag Program?

Default Best Disk Defrag Program?

I've used Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite some time however I'm growing increasingly irritated with the program and I'm thinking of going to another Disk Defrag program however I'm not sure what the best one for me to go to is. Does anyone have any personal recommedations?
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Default Re: Best Disk Defrag Program?

I prefer Defraggler.

Remember!!!: It is important to try not to do anything on your computer during defragmentation, e.g. do not move files from one place to another. Then defragmentation will be the most effective.

Also disabling your antivirus during defragmentation may shorten defragmentation time, but this is only if you know what you are doing!
    Last edited by musketer; April 01, 2018 at 08:19 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I've heard good things about both but personally I use Defraggler.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The Thracian View Post
    I've used Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite some time however I'm growing increasingly irritated with the program and I'm thinking of going to another Disk Defrag program however I'm not sure what the best one for me to go to is. Does anyone have any personal recommedations?
    I've been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for years and I wonder what is irritating you. If you mean the Auslogics Boost program then I ignore it is my advice as I too also got annoyed, but I got used to it over time.

Also, check this online library of programs for varios of purposes and I'm sure you could find something that appeals to you.

http://www.freshdevices.com/files.php
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I prefer O&O defrag. no you dont have to keep up with their yearly new versions. Also the inbuilt one of Windows is not THAT bad for SSD and HDD or VHD(X). SSDs will only be trimmed not defraged. VHDX will be optimized if they are "thin provisioned" so unused space will be freed up in the file.

Remember: a defragmentation of only 3% (windows defrag) causes a major impact on performance. I have seen systems rendering unuseable and they took many minutes to install simple programs as VLC because fragmentation was at 30-48% due to Windows Upgrades and Windows.old removals.
    Mostly systems as laptops are affected when they are only turned on and off for a short period of time so Windows cannot run the system optimization tasks, that includes defrag since Windows 7.
    Last edited by alQamar; June 15, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I've been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for years and I wonder what is irritating you. If you mean the Auslogics Boost program then I ignore it is my advice as I too also got annoyed, but I got used to it over time.

Also, check this online library of programs for varios of purposes and I'm sure you could find something that appeals to you.

http://www.freshdevices.com/files.php
    Boost is a bit annoying indeed. Also thanks for the library. It will be useful for people who don't have the time to search it.

I also prefer O&O but I use Defraggler too. I don't defrag much though since I have large external online backup services and my disks are usually clean and healty.
    Reminder please guys don't ever ever try to defrag your SSDs with programs which suggest they have a special SSD defrag function. They don't and please don't use them. I'm still getting similar questions in our Tech support sites and I'm really worried, cause everyone should already know that.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 16, 2018 at 01:11 PM.