Thread: Need some help with custom faction frontend map, victory conditions and custom traits.

Default Need some help with custom faction frontend map, victory conditions and custom traits.

I'm talking about the menu selection screen. Where can I find these tables?

The map doesn't appear at all, it's the map of the last selected faction.

The victory conditions appear fine in game, but in the menu selection screen it's all blank.

The faction traits appear in the menu screen (10% charge for all infantry units), but they dont have any effect in-game.

Here's a link

Default Re: Need some help with custom faction frontend map, victory conditions and custom traits.

I don't remember where all this stuff is, but there's a trick to making the victory conditions work properly. I'll let you know if I remember it. Maybe has to do with editing the missions.txt script but I'm not sure.

As far as the faction traits, make sure you have the effect scopes set up properly. Otherwise they won't work.

The map is probably somewhere in the UI files, but I don't recall where.

Default Re: Need some help with custom faction frontend map, victory conditions and custom traits.

I found the maps from every faction, but where do I set them to my own faction? Do i just drop the png file in there with my custom_faction name at the end?

What the hell, that was easy. You just name the png image and name it map_att_fact_your_faction.

Quote Originally Posted by deaf metal View Post
    What the hell, that was easy. You just name the png image and name it map_att_fact_your_faction.
    *And add it to ui/frontend_ui/maps.

The only problem I got now is how to fix the victory conditions.