Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: More building slots

Hi emanuel.

@ Daruwind: did you realize if last DLC/update messed up something?
    Cheers

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Startpos are changed due to Ancestral update, they added family trees etc but that´s the least problem. But most interesting thing in new RotR campaign minor cities now have 4 building slots even if they are without port. So I´m equally splitting my time between playing new campaign, looking into WH1 mod because that thing is ready to roll and analyzing new startpos. I managed to catch all bugs for WH and now working backwards i´m comparing WH starpost changes, with GC and RotR startpos. In R2 i´m getting random crashes, while the numbers in Wh are working.. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Some news about Attila?

Ye, adding third row for icons is real pain. Some part of UI are either hardcoded or I´m still missing the right hex or the screen position is from different file...So first problem for attila is either crack that or get new/R2/Wh small icons for all buildings so we can put there more. The rest is like R2

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Startpos are changed due to Ancestral update, they added family trees etc but that´s the least problem. But most interesting thing in new RotR campaign minor cities now have 4 building slots even if they are without port. So I´m equally splitting my time between playing new campaign, looking into WH1 mod because that thing is ready to roll and analyzing new startpos. I managed to catch all bugs for WH and now working backwards i´m comparing WH starpost changes, with GC and RotR startpos. In R2 i´m getting random crashes, while the numbers in Wh are working.. :-)
    Not a good thing, it seems.

Laetus

Hi Jake. By the way: It also could be nice to make the campaing map bigger. Although I know that's asking a lot.

Waiting this mod for Rome 2

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel82 View Post
    Hi Jake. By the way: It also could be nice to make the campaing map bigger. Although I know that's asking a lot.
    Impossible, it's hardcoded, you can't change anything that is not merely graphical (like inserting some non interacting models).
    Or else we would have already had a lot of mods, like a lord of the rings adaptation.

Basically with lot effort it could be possible to move things, like change city position in region,region borders, trade lanes etc...grafical stuff is easy (comparing to other hard stuff), doing change to underlying logic, CAI...whole different level. But this is nothing about changing actual map itself... Looking at Shogun 2 mods, they managed to split region,creating new cities. As I understand Rome and never games are way more complex and simply adding stuff is not working. Heck my slots are working in WH due to Assembly Kit as in R2 im still missing some connections a few pieces to make it work....

Anyway, Im spending my times now in WH, building mod just to have something new and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Basically with lot effort it could be possible to move things, like change city position in region,region borders, trade lanes etc...grafical stuff is easy (comparing to other hard stuff), doing change to underlying logic, CAI...whole different level. But this is nothing about changing actual map itself... Looking at Shogun 2 mods, they managed to split region,creating new cities. As I understand Rome and never games are way more complex and simply adding stuff is not working. Heck my slots are working in WH due to Assembly Kit as in R2 im still missing some connections a few pieces to make it work....

Anyway, Im spending my times now in WH, building mod just to have something new and working.
    Glad to hear this, but don't forget R2, the real jackpot.
    Cheers.

Patrician

Yep, please don't forget R2

Laetus

Too bad It's harcoded guys. Now my question is: Why doesn't CA give the tools to make such modifications?

Patrician

^ As CA said (if I remember correctly) the cause is that they subappalted the map-making to another company which developed a complex system.
    Change, adapt, modify, make tools for this system will require too much time (money).
    My pov is that SEGA didn't want to have moddable maps to restrain mod proliferancy (fantasy mods, regional mods), and so avoiding too many people not buying their latest games 'cause people would already have a lot of wonderful mods for older games.
    My pov is that they are right (since it's their job and their product) although it's obviously a pity for modders and mod players.

Laetus

It is a pity. Thanks Jake for answering. Good pov.

Hi Daruwind,

Check your pm.

Just don't forget to make this stuff available for R2 and Atillia.

Artifex

More slots would be really appreciated. Together with reasonable building chains, the Rome II campaign could actually become playable. Please, keep up your good work!
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Hey Daruwind, wow I have been searching for a mod like this for a LONG time. I cannot express how appreciated this will be, thank you so much!

Laetus

People: I spoke to a friend of mine who's a software engineer and asked him about the science of cracking games, he answered to me this: " Dear Emanuel: Technically no program is impossible to crack, no matter how much hardcoded it is; for example, if I wanted to crack Windows Minesweeper I'd do it in a day, although today's games are a bit more complex to crack, they are not impossible. It all depends on three things: knowledge, time and patience. A professional cracker can crack anything, the problem here is TIME: a simple game has simple codelines so it can take hours or a few days to crack it, a complex game needs more time: weeks, months and even years, but even so, a complex game's codelines system can be figured out, it's a matter of patience and time. What companies usually do is to make complex codelines to put it so hard to crackers before begining and make them to desist; but as I said, no program is undefeatable because its codelines pattern can be figured out, given time and patience. Hope it has been useful. Bye"

Patrician

yep there's been a lot of samples in TWC history, like this one for empire: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Lua-Decompiler

@Daruwind: how are things going?