Thread: Quick question

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Default Quick question

I downloaded the mod and it works fine, I love the new voices. The only problem I have is that none of the old VOs work (i.e., only the Italian, German, French, Spanish, and Russian work, all other factions are mute, including the English and Scottish). Did I delete one too many files or something? Also, what is the quickest way to fix this? I would assume you copy the sound files and rename them to the appropriate faction but I have a feeling its harder than that....

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: Quick question

I'll need to write FAQ soon, since there seems to be some problems that occur rather often, heh...

Look in your M2TW\data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized folder. There should be 4 or 5 subfolders in here. Look if you can find any files named English_* in here. If not, Look in your M2TW\data\sounds\data\sounds folder. Is there a Voice folder in here? If so, cut this Voice folder out and paste it in M2TW\data\sounds, overwriting the Voice folder there. This will also overwrite the German and French samples, unfortunately.

So, you will now need to reinstall the German and French sound packs by putting them in the M2TW folder and running them one after the other. Now go back to the M2TW\data\sounds folder and delete events.*, voice1.* and voice3.*.

Run the game, and when it has finished loading, quit. Then run it again.

Come back if you need any more help.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri