Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn 'figurehead for anti-semitism'

Default Re: Jeremy Corbyn 'figurehead for anti-semitism'

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Nah, it's just a red herring that you pulled from the quoted article about Corbyn's relationship with Paul Eisen.

Seems a bit more has come to light on that:

So...let me get this straight (again)...Mr Corbyn met with Deir Yassin representatives which may have included Eisen...but nobody can remember if he was there...and he's not in the picture with the meeting with Mr Corbyn...but perhaps he was...

It's so f-ing sad, that this is the level of politics as carried out by the Israeli lobby and it's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Yes I'm sure Blumenthal's blog is more credible than the word of countless protestors, bystanders, journalists, and human rights groups, and, of course, actual footage. Want me to post the LiveLeak videos?

When Israel is accused of violating people's rights, this level of "skepticism" is certainly nowhere to be seen. Which brings me back to my original question: what makes Israel different from all the other countries?

I can take a wild guess, but who knows.

"Countless" protesters? Ok. As for the stupidity of the second claim - I have and will denounce the Saudi government - for so much I don't have time to go into here. I have and will denounce the Syrian government for some of it's actions. I have and will denounce Iran for some of it's actions. I have and will denounce the British government, the Australian government, The US government....what do they all have in common? Nothing, I denounce them for what they do...Israel appears to want special dispensation and to have no criticism directed at it on the basis of it being 'racist'....what a load of phoney.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassibellane View Post
    So...let me get this straight (again)...Mr Corbyn met with Deir Yassin representatives which may have included Eisen...
    Corbyn is pictured with representatives of Paul Eisen's antisemitic group in 2014. The photo was taken by a DYR official named Gill Kaffash, another Holocaust denier who was banned from Labour for that very reason. Eisen was photographed there the same day, but not with Corbyn, not that it matters either way. Eisen has publicly been a Holocaust denier since 2005. Corbyn regularly attended Eisen's DYR events and donated money until at least 2013, despite a pro-Palestinian organisation Corbyn was affiliated with denouncing DYR as an antisemitic group in 2007, and publishing an article about it in the Guardian. Eisen posted a photo of Corbyn at one of his events in 2013, and praised Corbyn for attending every single commemoration.

There is no mistaking the image for Corbyn having just been incidentally standing beside them:

Last edited by sumskilz; September 02, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

All the apologia for Corbyn seems to wind down to 'he's not a terrorist supporting anti-semite enabling wub, he's just an idiot'...

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Two threads with 10 pages each and still we havent seen a single anti-semitic quote by Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Two threads with 10 pages each and still we havent seen a single anti-semitic quote by Corbyn
    Actions speak louder than words

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

What about when he uses ‘zionists’ and ‘Jews’ interchangeably?

Endorsing Hamas? Sharing platforms with antisemites and inviting them to functions?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post

Endorsing Hamas? Sharing platforms with antisemites and inviting them to functions?
    So saying the word "Jew" makes you anti-semitic? Great

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

I could never understand this argument, to be honest, Kyr. Israel is thousands of miles away from Britain. Why does Corbyn care what happens there at all?

Let us see...how far is the distance between London and Jerusalem? 3611 Kms. How far is the distance between Washington, D.C. and Jerusalem? 9518 km. Why does Trump cares about what happens there at all?

--
    smuskilz
    I don't get how it makes it an obsessive issue for far left groups. One explanation is they've made Israel a central symbol of colonialism

Well, it's a long culture of impunity, and it's the entire the world against it, not just the left.
    As we know, it's a long story, List of United Nations resolutions concerning Israel - Wikipedia
    Just in 2017,129 states voted against Israel.Between 2003 and 2012, the UN issued 314 resolutions concerning Israel.
    And a few month ago (June), UN Security Council soundly rejected US-backed resolution on the "protection" of Palestinians and criticising Hamas over recent Gaza violence. The US was the only country to vote in favour of a revised draft-resolution it submitted. As you can see, it's an international "complot"

More on the "far left" complot,

EU pledges €42.5m extra aid to Palestinians after Donald Trump cuts ...
    The new aid package includes €14.9m to “preserve the Palestinian character of East Jerusalem”, which has been encroached on by Israeli settlements in recent years, including 176 new settler homes signed off in October last year.
    Ms Mogherini restated the EU’s commitment to a two-state solution with Jerusalem as the capital of both an Israeli and Palestinian state. Observers have warned that illegal Israeli settlements in Palestinian land would make it even harder to draw a future Palestinian state and jeopardise the peace process.

EU Commissioner for Europe’s neighbourhood policy, Johannes Hahn, said: “With this new assistance package the EU continues to support the Palestinians on their way towards the establishment of their own state as part of the two-state solution, with Jerusalem as capital of both Israel and Palestine.
    Canada to provide CAN$50M for Palestinians - Anadolu Agency
    In a written statement, Canadian Development Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau said: "Canada is committed to addressing the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable Palestinians."
    Highlighting that peace is necessary for a two-state solution, Bibeau said: "The fresh support for Palestinians focuses on urgent humanitarian needs and on economic growth
    ----
    In fact, the US decision to slash funding to Palestine, I dare to say, is almost a genocide attempt to be applied to the destruction of a people, and it comes amid a humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

Palestinian Refugee Program Money to Be Cut by Trump - NYMag

The United Nations agency that helps the 5.4 million Palestinians classified as refugees could start running out of money next month. The most immediate threat, he said, is funding for emergency food aid to indigent Palestinians in Gaza and Syria... we are going to run out of money for food distribution in Gaza
    Porridge was distributed to Palestinians in Gaza City last month.

A refugee camp in Ramallah,

----
    Even the "far leftist" US Senator Patrick Leahy accused the White House of engaging in a series of provocative and harmful acts instead of coming up with a coherent policy to address the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
    And more, he says,

Senator Leahy asked the State Department to investigate Israel's human rights violations (obviously, this is not going to happen, Trump is the President).

So, things are changing, and Trump is not a President for life...As Most Democrats Stay Silent, Elizabeth Warren Calls on Israel to ...

SEN. ELIZABETH WARREN, D-Mass., broke with the political establishment and called on the Israeli government to respect the rights of Palestinian protesters in Gaza in a statement.
    ...The statement is a sign that the turning tide of opinions on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict within the Democratic Party — which has traditionally been stridently pro-Israel — is trickling up to senior figures in the party.(A recent survey from the Pew Research Center showed that Democrats are almost as likely to be sympathetic to Palestinians as they are to Israelis.)

It also signifies Warren’s personal evolution on the issue, as she has not always acknowledged Palestinian rights. Warren is the second potential 2020 presidential candidate to speak up in favor of Palestinian rights in recent weeks.
    In addition to Sanders and Warren, three other members of Congress have voiced concerns about Israeli conduct towards protesters in Gaza: Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.; Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn.; and Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif.
    ----
    Edit,

Because Israel is a Western country
    Is it? as the Haaretz put it, "No other Western democracy holds millions of foreigners under military rule"

Let's hear the Jerusalem Post,

Terra Incognita: Israel is not a Western country, and never has been ...
    This colonial mentality of a subset of Israeli society cannot accept that Israel is not a Western country, that it has major influences from non-European peoples and cultures. It is a hybrid civilization, with Western currents in it but a foundation that is rooted in the Middle East. Jewish civilization has always had that hybridity.

For Israel that will always be a difficult row to hoe. It has to ape being Western and pretend it has some connection to the values of Diaspora Jews, while knowing secretly that it has more in common with the values of Turkey or Eastern European states. Israelis also find it difficult to articulate this Jewish civilizational discussion, because some of them fear that in the mirror what they will find is the Hasmoneans and not Herzl.
    Last edited by Ludicus; September 02, 2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Citizen

Delete
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Who said anything about Trump? How about you answer the question? Why do leftists thousands of miles away from Israel care more about it than about, say, Venezuela, China, Nicaragua, Iran, Belarus, and dozens of other tyrannical countries? I just searched for "corbyn criticizes uyghur china", there were zero results besides Corbyn vaguely promising to mention human rights during a Jinping visit, several years ago. They literally have concentration camps for hundreds of thousands of Uighurs. The rest live in a police state. No word of condemnation. Isn't this at least as bad as a West Bank checkpoint?

https://www.businessinsider.com/life...-report-2018-8

https://www.timesofisrael.com/corbyn...ion-of-europe/

Everyone has a bias. No one cares about everything equally. An Assyrian in France might care more about Iraqi persecution of Assyrians than he would about, say, Latin American persecution of indigenous natives. But why would a random Western leftist have a bias against Israel? What's so special about Israeli "crimes" that they warrant more condemnation than Chinese crimes?

It's obviously not because Israel is Western. Russia is kinda Western and doesn't get much condemnation from Corbyn. Doesn't he care about gay people as much as he cares about Palestinians? Besides, you just said Israel isn't Western. So it can't be that.

And it can't be out of concern for the Palestinians, since almost every neighboring state kills and persecutes Palestinians, but these countries somehow don't warrant condemnation.

Is it foreign aid? I highly doubt Britain or Sweden send much aid to Israel. Western countries do aid numerous tyrannical regimes, though: Africa, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jordan, to name a few. But these countries don't warrant much condemnation either.

So what is it about Israel, one tiny country thousands of miles away, that earns it the vast majority of the "criticism" from Western leftists?
    Last edited by Prodromos; September 03, 2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Who said anything about Trump? How about you answer the question? Why do leftists thousands of miles away from Israel care more about it than about, say, Venezuela, China, Nicaragua, Iran, Belarus, and dozens of other tyrannical countries? I just searched for "corbyn criticizes uyghur china", there were zero results besides Corbyn vaguely promising to mention human rights during a Jinping visit, several years ago. They literally have concentration camps for hundreds of thousands of Uighurs. The rest live in a police state. No word of condemnation. Isn't this at least as bad as a West Bank checkpoint?

https://www.businessinsider.com/life...-report-2018-8

https://www.timesofisrael.com/corbyn...ion-of-europe/

Everyone has a bias. No one cares about everything equally. An Assyrian in France might care more about Iraqi persecution of Assyrians than he would about, say, Latin American persecution of indigenous natives. But why would a random Western leftist have a bias against Israel? What's so special about Israeli "crimes" that they warrant more condemnation than Chinese crimes?

It's obviously not because Israel is Western. Russia is kinda Western and doesn't get much condemnation from Corbyn. Doesn't he care about gay people as much as he cares about Palestinians? Besides, you just said Israel isn't Western. So it can't be that.

And it can't be out of concern for the Palestinians, since almost every neighboring state kills and persecutes Palestinians, but these countries somehow don't warrant condemnation.

Is it foreign aid? I highly doubt Britain or Sweden send much aid to Israel. Western countries do aid numerous tyrannical regimes, though: Africa, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jordan, to name a few. But these countries don't warrant much condemnation either.

So what is it about Israel, one tiny country thousands of miles away, that earns it the vast majority of the "criticism" from Western leftists?
    You know many "western leftists" who like Egypt or Turkey? Isn't Corbyn anti-Sisi and anti-Erdogan?

Ie i don't think that Israel is singled out at all. Why would it? Is it hard to accept that massacres make one unpopular?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    You know many "western leftists" who like Egypt or Turkey? Isn't Corbyn anti-Sisi and anti-Erdogan?

Ie i don't think that Israel is singled out at all. Why would it? Is it hard to accept that massacres make one unpopular?
    But if massacres are what make Israel unpopular, then where is the fervent condemnation and delegitimization of all the other countries that massacre people? My point is that the "criticism" is absurdly and disproportionally aimed at Israel. What possible reason could there be for that?

If Corbyn were only anti-Netanyahu, then sure, that would be one thing, but he seems to be anti-Israel more broadly. As far as I'm aware, Corbyn had nothing but good things to say about Morsi's Egypt. What did he think about Israel when Barak or Olmert were running things? Hmmm: https://twitter.com/israel_advocacy/...74423748431872

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first too, but face it, Kyr, his motivations likely aren't innocent. He's a century old, no politician or activist does these actions and makes these comments by mistake. If it were any other politician, if it were any other group besides Jews, no one would be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Imagine an AfD politician or Trump attending rallies and private meetings with various Nazis. Would he be given the benefit of the doubt? I mean, we have a thread about a protest attended by 6000 Germans, and literally all of them were labelled as neo-Nazis by our resident leftists. The reason? There were a dozen neo-Nazis among them.

Well Corbyn has been at rallies attended by supporters of Jew-hating terrorists. Therefore, Corbyn supports terrorism against Jews, right? While I wouldn't use this argument myself, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Last edited by Prodromos; September 03, 2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

The criticism exists because Palestine is the only recognized by UN country in the world that is occupied by a foreign country

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I’m sure if the Israelis left everything would be perfectly fine
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Who cares about this miserable vagina (Corbyn) anyways? The left has failed on so many levels in general, antisemitism among them is just one of many lapses. Everyone who sympathizes with Hamas or similar groups is to be ousted as unable to give satisfaction. They're either despicably naive or blatant antisemites. Period.

Things would certainly pick up, that's for sure. Especially if the Saudis disappear too.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    All the apologia for Corbyn seems to wind down to 'he's not a terrorist supporting anti-semite enabling wub, he's just an idiot'...
    Yeah all the apologia and not a single straight accusations. Sumskilz has done well here, Corbyn can certainly be described as a figurehead for antisemitism, doesn't actually mean he's an antisemite or pushing an antisemite aganda.

I'm not really sure how that makes him guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gurkhan View Post
    Things would certainly pick up, that's for sure. Especially if the Saudis disappear too.
    I'm sure a progressive, rich, Palestinian state would emerge within a few decades. Instead of the typical dictator-run or even worse, a theocratic backwards .

Citizen

Why do leftists thousands of miles away from Israel care more about it than.. Venezuela, China....
    False.Venezuela? EU says it may impose more sanctions on Venezuela if democracy
    Nicaragua? Nicaragua: MEPs condemn brutal repression and demand elections
    China? your hero Trump says that "President Xi and I will always be friends".
    Belarus? Belarus and the EU: a troubled relationship

Curiously, you haven't included Saudi Arabia and Philippines (Trump praised his “great relationship" with Duterte. Btw Duterte says Philippines better off run by dictator if he were not around) in your list.
    ----
    why would a random Western leftist have a bias against Israel?
    Not exactly.That's a propaganda device used to imply that Israel's critics are prejudiced. As already exhaustively explained, the entire world cares about the military occupation of Palestine, and not just the left. There is no bias, it's a fact.

Aexodus
    A misplaced irony. No, and you are confused.That's exactly what the state of Israel says about the Palestinians.

Papay
    The criticism exists because Palestine is the only recognized by UN country in the world that is occupied by a foreign country
    Precisely.

In Feb. 2017 the Knesset passed a law, called the " Regulation Law"( more properly, "Land Grab" Law) allowing Israel to expropriate private Palestinian land on which Jewish settler outposts were built.
    And now (2018) in Jerusalem... Outrage over new Israeli law allowing Palestinians in Jerusalem to be stripped of residence

Well, do you want to be an Israeli citizen and settle in the occupied west bank? convert to Judaism. It’s okay to change your name, but it’s not required.
    Let's go back in time, Afrikaners convert to Judaism and settle in the West Bank ...
    How 90 Peruvians became the latest Jewish settlers | World news.
    Ben-Haim says that after he finishes the Hebrew course, he may join the army, "I will kill Arabs. But I am sure that Jews kill Arabs only for self-defence and justice, but Arabs do it because they like to kill."
    He bases this belief on his scientific view of Judaism: "The Arab has the instinct of murder and killing like all gentiles, and only Jews do not have that instinct - that is a genetic fact."
    But if you were not born a Jew genetically, don't you have that instinct?
    "Maybe it was there, but it makes no difference because now we are all Jews."
    From the book, Jewish History, Jewish Religion The Weight of Three Thousand Years- Israel Shahak

By this official definition, Israel 'belongs' to persons who are defined by the Israeli authorities as 'Jewish', irrespective of where they live, and to them alone. On the other hand, Israel doesn't officially 'belong' to its non-Jewish citizens, whose status is considered even officially as inferior.
    All non-Jews (not only all Palestinians) are prohibited from benefiting from those lands. The prohibition applies even to Israeli Arabs who served in the Israeli army and reached a high rank.
    The case involving Peruvian converts to Judaism actually occurred a few years ago. The newly-created Jews were settled in the West Bank, near Nablus, on land from which non-Jews are officially excluded.
    10 Things Palestinians Can't Do Because Of The Israeli Occupation It affects almost all aspects of their lives.
    1. Palestinians can’t live free of Israeli military presence.
    2. Palestinians in Gaza can’t control the flow of goods and supplies
    3. Palestinians can’t control their access to water in the occupied territories.
    4. Palestinians can’t access certain life-saving health care.
    5. Palestinians can’t live in Israeli settlements in the occupied territories.
    6. Most Palestinians can’t enjoy the rights of citizenship.
    7. Palestinians don’t have the same due process and civil rights as Israelis.
    8. Palestinians can’t travel in, out and through occupied territories without restriction.
    9. Palestinians aren’t equally protected by labor laws.
    10. Palestinians can’t stay out late.
    ---
    ---

if massacres are what make Israel unpopular, then where is the fervent condemnation and delegitimization of all the other countries that massacre people?
    False. One more example,
    Philippines bars EU Socialist Party official for criticizing Duterte | Reuters
    Philippines president Duterte threatens to expel EU ambassadors in
    Philippines decries European Parliament's 'interference' | Reuters

So, what about the Trump's far right? Trump Lauds 'Great Relationship' With Duterte in Manila
    President Trump said on Monday that he had a “great relationship” with President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines, making little mention of human rights
    What about the European authoritarian countries?Donald Trump's autocracy: Democracy is dying around the world

What about Myanmar, a military dictatorship?
    When Europe, Canada slapped new sanctions on Myanmar over Rohingya treatment, where was US? When Europe, Canada slapped new sanctions on Myanmar

In fact, where? in military drills with the military dictatorship. Myanmar Army Controversially Joins U.S. Military Drills | Time
    Should an Army Accused of Ethnic Cleansing Be Allowed to Join U.S. Military Exercises?
    ----
    In fact,there is a long list of authoritarian regimes supported by the US, and even terrorists.

Russia is kinda Western and doesn't get much condemnation from Corbyn
    Russia doesn't get much condemnation of Trump.

...: Africa, Lebanon, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jordan, to name a few.
    Africa is not a country.
    Egypt?, you are confused, when Trump was running for president, he called the Egyptian President Sisi "a fantastic guy" and praised him"And he really took control of it.”
    Jordan? you are confused, U.S.-Jordanian military cooperation is a key component in bilateral relations. The United States deeply values its long history of cooperation and friendship with Jordan, according to the US State Department.

I could go on.
    Last edited by Ludicus; September 03, 2018 at 07:02 PM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Precisely.
    This is a false claim, but the fact that the two of you believe it supports Dr. Legend's point.

84 UN member states have recognized the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic. The EU formally supports the right of self-determination of the Sahrawi people. Neither the UN nor any other nation has recognized the legitimacy of Morocco's claim to the territory.

Feel free to peruse the links here regarding human rights abuses under the occupation:

Morocco has been repeatedly condemned and criticized for its actions in Western Sahara by several international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) such as:

Amnesty International[12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]
    Human Rights Watch[23][24]
    World Organization Against Torture[25][26][27]
    Freedom House[28]
    Reporters Without Borders[29][30][31][32][33][34][35]
    International Committee of the Red Cross
    UN High Commissioner for Human Rights[36][37][38]
    Derechos Human Rights[39]
    Defend International[40][41]
    Front Line Defenders[42][43][44][45][46][47][47][48][49][50][51]
    International Federation of Human Rights[52][53][54][55][56][57]
    Society for Threatened Peoples[58][59][60][61][62]
    Norwegian Refugee Council[63]
    Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights[64][65][66][67][68][69][70]
    Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies[71][72][73]
    Arabic Network for Human Rights Information[74][75][76][77]
    Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network[78]
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.