Thread: Changing turns per year may cause CTD?

Default Changing turns per year may cause CTD?

Hello. Does anyone know if changing turns per year can cause CTD in the medium or long term? I have users of a mod of mine who receive a crash at the end of the turn, and always coincides when it has to change the year. Although the reported cases that I have, are more than 100 turns and the ".empire_save" file occupies more than 90 MB.

I thought that the problem could be due to the change of turns per year because if I put 12, directly it returns me CTD when the first year is over. Any help or information would be appreciated, thanks.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: Changing turns per year may cause CTD?

Not that I'm aware of. The biggest problem in the startpos is in my experience the CAI files, so I would think that something there is running into a bug.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

I don't know, but if doesn't work with 12 turns per year seems suspicious to me, unless I have to touch up something else. By the way, Is there any method to see the information contained in the "crash" .mdmp files of Empire and know where the error can come from?

Citizen

In the MS-Store MS provides an app called WinDbg with that you can open the .mdmp files. But sadly there is not much in the files and no hint to the cause of the problam apart from general bug naming.

I have the "File Viewer Plus" that opens .mdmp files but doesn't recognize the format of Total War .mdmp files. Regarding the "WinDbg", in the web says that it requires Windows 10. There should be a CA tool...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    I have the "File Viewer Plus" that opens .mdmp files but doesn't recognize the format of Total War .mdmp files. Regarding the "WinDbg", in the web says that it requires Windows 10. There should be a CA tool...
    And there isn't... Sent the .mdmp to me I'll have a look.

Ok. Here you have several files. Let's see if any of them can extract some information.

https://mega.nz/#!LMR2TKpL!LhPhCU0vU...GL91uXHoDoKqNs

P.S: The two most recent are more important.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; March 31, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

Citizen

Here is a link to a screenshot:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atr8iLLaxokgz30wuuJ7r9WNj_cS
    As you will see, it' useless. I guess the .mdmp helps if you have the basefiles but not when working on the gamefiles.

Ok. Thank you for reviewing the files. If happens to me that CTD, maybe I can deduct some possible error. I don't think it's by the size of ".empire_save" file (100MB - 130MB), No?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Ok. Thank you for reviewing the files. If happens to me that CTD, maybe I can deduct some possible error. I don't think it's by the size of ".empire_save" file (100MB - 130MB), No?
    I don't think it's the size that matters. To my opinion either some newly written lines in the save contain some confliction data or - less likely as 100 turns passed - there is a basic issue in the CAI files which is just almot never called. But the latter option would result in much more random crashes not only around the 100th turn.
    Still I'm no expert in the startpos I only new what I got wrong for Imperial Splendour^^