Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Default ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

SEND YOUR IDEAS FORTH!

This is a dedicated thread for people to send their ideas of what they thing ROP should have.
    So go away and send those suggestions away.
    I will also make some posts of some ideas that i have, that i want to know your opinion.

I'll let one right now. It's one that i always struggle to have a strong opinion of.
    Should all factions have neutral relations to one another, or have more historically accurate relations?
    And if so, what factions should be at war and what those that should be allies?

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

I believe in historical alliances, so the persians being vassals to the medians with a negative predisposition towards media. I don't remember what other alliances existed at the time, but the historical alliances system seems more fun, after all, this mod does have a basis in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    I believe in historical alliances, so the persians being vassals to the medians with a negative predisposition towards media. I don't remember what other alliances existed at the time, but the historical alliances system seems more fun, after all, this mod does have a basis in history.
    Vassals can't be put in the campaign from the beginning, but i will put them in a alliance, with the disposition to eventually rebel.

Europa barbarorum managed to make Baktria into a vassal for the seleucids. I think it is possible, but I do not know how to.

Default Any Ideas for Traits and Ancillaries?

There is still many vanilla traits that do not coincide with the time-period of the Achaemenids, so i have the intent of changing and adding new traits and ancillaries. I have someone who might help me in adding those features in the mod. Do you have any ideas of cool features and ancillaries that could be integrated in Rise of Persia v3.0 ?

Yes, if you are allied with a faction of another cultural group, some men can volunteer as allies in order to help your army in departments it lacks. This happened with Cyrus the younger. His alliance with Sparta gave him access to Spartan troops and commanders who did a better job at commanding infantry than the persians did. For example, if you have an athenian ally, you get a navy bonus, or if you are allied with the scythians, you get a cavalry bonus. etc. (all through ancilliaries)

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    Europa barbarorum managed to make Baktria into a vassal for the seleucids. I think it is possible, but I do not know how to.
    Maybe by script. I think that "force diplomacy" first turn hide action...

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Four Corners View Post
    There is still many vanilla traits that do not coincide with the time-period of the Achaemenids, so i have the intent of changing and adding new traits and ancillaries. I have someone who might help me in adding those features in the mod. Do you have any ideas of cool features and ancillaries that could be integrated in Rise of Persia v3.0 ?

When I read Herodotus, I got a lot of ideas abut ancillares and traits in that period... I will bring some ideas soon, though
    Last edited by Solon de Atenas; April 09, 2018 at 09:20 AM.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Default Custom Battle Version

I'm going to try and make a custom battle version soon, and i wanted to know where could i put the mod so to people download it?
    Also i don't know how to do install exe application, so they would have to be manually put there, but that's quite easy, for someone who understands mods.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Custom Battle Version

Mod Database MODB website is probably the most popular Mod downloading site. The older versions of ROP are there also on page 3 in the RTW mods section

You need an overarching presentation style when it comes to fonts used on your graphical stuff. So everything, including in game graphics ( Loading Images ) should use the same font and have the same style. To make it more pleasing to the eye, and give it a "cool and professional vibe", people dig that .

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I'm almost afraid to make a suggestion since it might push the development back for this mod even more.

I always thought for the campaign that the start date would be better at around 609 B.C. right after the Neo-Assyrian Empire is defeated and dissolved. I don't think there was any new countries that appeared or were destroyed from 609 to 550 B.C. so it could work?

Are you going to add the Persian immortals?

Quote Originally Posted by koopinator View Post
    Are you going to add the Persian immortals?
    Oh wait, They're already added. I cannot delete comments, It seems.