Thread: Game simply wont load.

Default Game simply wont load.

Roma Surrectum 2.5 wont load when I press Play "Roma Surrectum II". I play it through steam and have tried to solve it multiple times but to no avail. Any and all help would be welcome...

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Game simply wont load.

More info will be required if you want help, if it won't load you have almost certainly installed incorrectly. Are you using the Alexander expansion? Have you installed into programs(x86)? Why play 2.5 when the 2.6 patch improves it so much? then of course the even better 3.1 is available?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 24, 2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I chose to play 2.5 as a start, and then if I find I enjoy RS then move onto the others as well as 2.5 being the simplest to install. I'm not using the Alexander expansion, I used a copy and pasted version of Rome Gold. No I didn't install into programs(x86), I installed it into a new file called Games which I made in Windows(C.

Quote Originally Posted by The Earl of Warwick View Post
    I chose to play 2.5 as a start, and then if I find I enjoy RS then move onto the others as well as 2.5 being the simplest to install. I'm not using the Alexander expansion, I used a copy and pasted version of Rome Gold. No I didn't install into programs(x86), I installed it into a new file called Games which I made in Windows(C.
    I got rid of steam a long time ago(personal reasons) but you need the Alexander expansion to play Roma Surrectum , steam/CA fkd everything up with an update for multi-player on RTW/BI now it's impossible to play RS using those exe's. ALX is a standalone expansion not affected by the update hence the reason RS is playable. There has been sweveral post on how to do this on the forum this is one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post15506560
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 25, 2018 at 05:44 PM.

Right, I'll try it with RSIII and Alexander. Let's hope it works...

Right, I'll try it with RSIII and Alexander. Let's hope it works...
    Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine. This is the best mod I have ever played closely followed by EB, XC and RTR, there is also a submod for RS called When Worlds Collide which too is superb, I'm currently doing a Let's Play on youtube as Macedonia, if you want to check it out click on the link in my signature below. If you need any other help don't hesitate to contact me.

Yeah so I did the same with Alexander and the same problem occurred. After pressing launch the game just wont load.

Yeah so I did the same with Alexander and the same problem occurred. After pressing launch the game just wont load.
    Have you checked the steam tab on the launcher interface is on YES? if so have you checked the target line to see if the word WONDERS is there, if it is then delete the desktop icon, go to the directory/launcher/Roma Surrectum II and send a shortcut to desktop and try again, failing this, pm me your email address, I will send you a zip file of RTW/BI/ALX via google drive, extract it to your programs(x86) folder, you will now have a "fresh" install to use whenever you like, just follow the next instruction any time you want to install a mod >>>>> Open that folder and highlight every file and exe's, > hit copy & and then paste into a renamed "new folder" in your c:/drive, > then install RS 2.5, RSIII and the 3.1 patch to that folder, you won't have to bother about steam or discs and you will be able to use any of the exe's you want. I have 16 mods in their own individual folders in my c:/drive using this method.

RS exe guide>>BI has a better AI than RTW and gives you shieldwall, swimming units, hording & more naval invasions, ALX has a better AI than both and better pike formation grouping but no shieldwall, swimming units or hording.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 27, 2018 at 03:12 AM. Reason: update and typo

Okay so, I could have downloaded it wrong this time. I extracted that folder into a new file on programs(x86). I followed your instructions of highlighting all the folders (I couldn't find any exes) and copy and pasted them into the "new folder" in the c:/drive, after installing RS onto it came up with the messages:

If you get this error, then you've probably done something wrong.
    Please report the next three messages.

You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder.
    (C:\Roma Surrectum1)

Engine: RomeTW-BI.exe, Faction campaign: - mod:play_rome.

In total: 'RomeTW-BI.exe -mod:play_rome_err -nm -movie_cam'

I'm afraid if there are no exe's you have certainly done something incorrect mate, I have shared this with several people and they have all reported back with success, either with RS or any other mod. I have just downloaded the zip file from my google drive and extracted it to an empty folder then added RS without any problem at all
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 27, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Tried it again and it worked! Thank you for all your help Saul.

You're more than welcome laddie, that's great news, I'm really happy to hear that, there is a lot to learn in this mod, so if there is anything you need to know while playing, drop me a pm and I will do my best to answer, enjoy my friend

Found this install video and it works for Steam versions and Windows 7-10. Worked first time with very little editing. Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNOhyGx2NhQ
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Hi.
    Have returned to RSII and am having the same problems, also cannot get Alexandra to install, I have the Rome Total War Anthology 3 disc pack.
    Would you be able to send me a zip file of RTW/BI/ALX via google drive to my email ? have pm'd my mail address ..
    Many thanks in advance. R.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ro6ertj View Post
    Hi.
    Have returned to RSII and am having the same problems, also cannot get Alexandra to install, I have the Rome Total War Anthology 3 disc pack.
    If you have trouble to install Alexander then why not buy RTW Collection on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by ro6ertj View Post
    Would you be able to send me a zip file of RTW/BI/ALX via google drive to my email ? have pm'd my mail address ..
    Many thanks in advance. R.
    That's illegal.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.