In the past few weeks i have noticed this bug happen quite often (with and without mods).

AI factions that i am very friendly with, and even have a Non-Aggression or Defensive/Military Alliance with will use their Agents versus my Agents, armies and cities.

Honestly i have never seen this happen before in TWWarhammer 1 or TWWarhammer 2 until the last few weeks.

It makes no sense from a "logical" point of view that my military ally would often use his agents to ruin my cities, armies and agents when we have such a strong friendship and the same military cause.

And from a gameplay point of view it makes even less sense since if i actually try to wound the friendly AI's team-killing agents i will suffer a large penalty to diplomacy and over time repeated defense like this will result in the break of alliances.

So there is pretty much nothing i can do to prevent these team-killing agents from friendly/allied AI factions without suffering major diplomatic penalties and having my entire diplomatic situation ruined.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
To me it seems like a pretty nasty bug, especially since it happens so often and even without any mods.