Thread: RoM public resources & release date hint

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Icon4 RoM public resources & release date hint

Earlier we've shared our discord server which can be accessed by:
    GO TO DISCORD

Now, we're proud to announce our trello board with all faction rosters coming in near future (hopefully).
    The trello board is used by team members to know which units are planned, how they should look and how to balance them.
    We share this resource with community so that anyone who is willing to create any small asset but has no time to become a RoM member or has not good enough skills to become a RoM member can create such asset and post it in Workshop section on out discord server. This asset/unit will be later evaluated by RoM's quality committee and will be considered to be included in the official RoM build.
    GO TO TRELLO

As for the last resource we're going to share with you today, it is going to be the auto-balancing sheet.
    The idea behind this sheet is to input your incoming info and get a game-ready values which you copy to your mod/submod DBs. Basically, input values are taken from trello board.
    The formulae used in calculating output values are exact the same as we used to balance our RoM units. So if you wanna create your own custom unit - you can easily calculate values with that auto-balancing sheet and have no balancing issues with adding your unit to Rise of Mordor.
    GO TO AUTO-BALANCING SHEET

With all these information we hope that community will help us create some of units and so will help us to speed up.
    You might wonder why we're sharing this information now? Well, that's because the first public release is coming very soon (within a week). Before you get too excited I want to leave a note here: It won't include much of new content. We're going to release only finished content. Rest of content is not going to be included in the public release.

Kind regards

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: RoM public resources & release date hint

thank you all for this I wish I could rep all members of the team as a token of gratitude
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    thank you all for this I wish I could rep all members of the team as a token of gratitude
    You can rep those of us who have TWC accounts, click the little rep buttons next to each person's name in the credits =P

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

I can't believe the day has finally arrived! Really neat system btw!

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula_ View Post
    You can rep those of us who have TWC accounts, click the little rep buttons next to each person's name in the credits =P
    thanks +rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thank you! I’ve waited a long time for this. I’m sure I’ll try it out and give out feedback. Still a shame that there won’t be a campaign anytime soon. For me that’s the difference between playing the mod 10 hours or a 100 hours so hope it will be here someday!

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post

Earlier we've shared our discord server which can be accessed by:
    GO TO DISCORD

Now, we're proud to announce our trello board with all faction rosters coming in near future (hopefully).
    The trello board is used by team members to know which units are planned, how they should look and how to balance them.
    We share this resource with community so that anyone who is willing to create any small asset but has no time to become a RoM member or has not good enough skills to become a RoM member can create such asset and post it in Workshop section on out discord server. This asset/unit will be later evaluated by RoM's quality committee and will be considered to be included in the official RoM build.
    GO TO TRELLO

As for the last resource we're going to share with you today, it is going to be the auto-balancing sheet.
    The idea behind this sheet is to input your incoming info and get a game-ready values which you copy to your mod/submod DBs. Basically, input values are taken from trello board.
    The formulae used in calculating output values are exact the same as we used to balance our RoM units. So if you wanna create your own custom unit - you can easily calculate values with that auto-balancing sheet and have no balancing issues with adding your unit to Rise of Mordor.
    GO TO AUTO-BALANCING SHEET

With all these information we hope that community will help us create some of units and so will help us to speed up.
    You might wonder why we're sharing this information now? Well, that's because the first public release is coming very soon (within a week). Before you get too excited I want to leave a note here: It won't include much of new content. We're going to release only finished content. Rest of content is not going to be included in the public release.

Kind regards
    awesome news! I can't wait until we get a public release. If I may ask, how many people do you have working on the mod officially?

Great news everyone! Looking forward to this first public release and many thanks to the entire team for the hard work on the project!
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Percieval View Post
    Thank you! I’ve waited a long time for this. I’m sure I’ll try it out and give out feedback. Still a shame that there won’t be a campaign anytime soon. For me that’s the difference between playing the mod 10 hours or a 100 hours so hope it will be here someday!

Keep up the good work.
    We don't mind if anyone puts our faction on the campaign map even if it's europe.
    But obviously there isn't much to put there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Nomad 12 View Post
    awesome news! I can't wait until we get a public release. If I may ask, how many people do you have working on the mod officially?
    It's all here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...am-and-Credits

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Can't wait!