Results 1,621 to 1,622 of 1622

Thread: Free Speech in the UK

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Free Speech in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Make 'em live by their own rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    That certainly is tempting, but I would advise against it. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. The only ones we can make live up to their own standards is ourselves in the hopes that others will follow suit.
    Also if their own rules are inherently unacceptable, then we should absolutely not encourage their behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    That was the point. E.g. when the Lineham guy had to live by his own rules, he realized his rules were unacceptable.
    I don’t think that’s what happened here, as the people who witch-hunted Lineham were most likely trans rights activists, and not necessarily free speech supporters.

I.e. It’s closer to progressives eating their own than anything.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: Free Speech in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I don’t think that’s what happened here, as the people who witch-hunted Lineham were most likely trans rights activists, and not necessarily free speech supporters.
    What the 'witch-hunters' were is not relevant to the point I was making, which is that when what Lineham had been doing was applied to him he realized it was problematic.
    He realized his "rules" were wrong.