Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: South Africa Boer Farm Murders and Land Theft: Australia offers Fast-Track Visa for Afrikaners, ANC Demands Retraction

Default Re: South Africa White Genocide: Australia offers Fast-Track Visa for Afrikaners, ANC Demands Retraction

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad82 View Post
    You honestly believe that there wasn't and isn't any other black people than "Bushmen" in South Africa?
    Bushmen aren't black, that's kind of the point. They're really their own thing in terms of culture and genetics.

The same kind of civilization that existed in America, unless of course you will tell us that Incas, Mayas, or Aztecs weren't considered "civilizations".

Comparing the cultures of Khoi and San to those of Incas, Mayas, and Aztecs. You're even funnier than the German journalist who claimed that the Maya civilization was on the same level as the ancient Greeks, and more advanced than their European contemporaries.
    Bushmen were stone age hunter-gatherers, that's why the blacks (who happened to be more advanced) gave them such a thrashing.

Default Re: South Africa White Genocide: Australia offers Fast-Track Visa for Afrikaners, ANC Demands Retraction

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad82 View Post
    You honestly believe that there wasn't and isn't any other black people than "Bushmen" in South Africa?
    You can use whatever words to described them, but it makes no sense to me to lump the indigenous people in with Black people, not even by phenotype, if Black people is used to refer to people like Zulus and Tswana.

The indigenous people of South Africa are the most basal human population. They diverged from the rest humanity 200-300 thousand years ago. This means the West African ancestors of the Bantu people were more closely related to Europeans than to the Khoi and San. The ancestry of the Khoi and San is 91% indigenous, the rest of it comes from the mixed ancient East African (Hadza-like) and Middle Eastern people who brought pastoralism into the region before the Bantu expansion.

When Europeans first settled in South Africa, the indigenous hunter gatherers were the only people in the entire western half of the country. The Bantu people’s ancestors came from West Africa. They displaced the Hadza-like hunter gatherers of East Africa and only arrived in the area of northern and eastern South Africa about 500 years ago. They are no more indigenous to South Africa than Russians are to Siberia. When Portuguese sailors first navigated the coast, it had not yet been settled by Bantu speakers. A lot of Bantu people have a small amount of indigenous ancestry, but that's not really different from a lot of European Americans having a small amount of Native American ancestry.

Reconstructing Prehistoric African Population Structure
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    No it does. Intent is one of the primary elements in morally judging any action. Just as context is absolutely vital to judging the effectiveness of any one action.
    Whether I kill someone in self defence or because I'm a serial killer, the result is the same: I killed someone. Equally, if you discriminate against a race because you're a racist or because you think it helps a different group that has been discriminated against in the past the result is the same: You are discriminating against a race.

Nothing. And the situations between USA and SA are extremely different. In USA Whites are the economic and political elite. In South Africa Whites are the economic elite but not political elite. On the contrary, the situation in South Africa can be described as controlled by Black elites who exploit the relative poverty of their poor Black brethren to enforce their political power while enriching themselves.
    It's still a majority discriminating against a minority. Why is one OK while the other isn't?

Perceived privilege? Am I perceiving privilege when I say that Palestinians have less rights, less economic benefits, and less opportunities than their Jewish neighbors living only a few dozen miles away from them? No, I'm not. And this idea of "perceived privilege" is absurd. When leftists accuse political establishments of ignoring white and male privilege they are largely correct. However, what is missing is determining how to address it and whether it is something that can be addressed with political action. In United States male privilege is largely a social-cultural phenomena that law can do little about. In South Africa poverty and white privilege is due to a completely lopsided ownership of wealth which result in an inequitable distribution of economic growth. Addressing these inequalities through affirmative action should be a priority, the alternative is Black South Africans continuing to suffer which will culminate in them demanding further confiscations of White wealth perhaps even ending in genocide if we want to be extreme. Your prescription is to essentially tell people to suffer because the universe determined that they deserve it. That'll never end well.
    Why are you bringing palestinians into this? That's not even a matter of race.

Making white people poor won't stop black people from being poor. It will just increase the number of poor people.
    This analogy is simply wrong. We're not using "racism" to try to end racism.
    You're literally using racial discrimination to atone for past racial discrimination.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Bty did you know that white people in south africa earn 5 times more money than black people?

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Bty did you know that white people in south africa earn 5 times more money than black people?
    Did you know that Jews and East Asians earn a lot more money than several other ethnic groups in the US? Unless you're suggesting that's a reason to seize their property, I don't see the relevance.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    ]African diversity facts.....
    At last, someone who recognises the absurdity of suggesting there is a generic black people.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Did you know that Jews and East Asians earn a lot more money than several other ethnic groups in the US? Unless you're suggesting that's a reason to seize their property, I don't see the relevance.
    i think you do, because you know perfectly well to look on the reasons why that should be so. but jews and east asians in the US are indeed not very relevant in this case.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

All is well in Johannesburg and Cape town, which is great, but not really where the Boer farmers live is it?
    "First they came for the Farmers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Farmer..." I'm sure that you can see where I'm going with this.

Want to react to my post that was replying to yours on page 4?

Claiming that only "Nazis" are outraged about South African treatment of its white population is a great way to destroy one's credibility with one post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post

So now they should be killed because they generate more income? Isn't it surprising that leftists talking about white South Africa sounds like a fascist in 1930s talking about Jews in Europe more and more?

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    All is well in Johannesburg and Cape town, which is great, but not really where the Boer farmers live is it?
    "First they came for the Farmers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Farmer..." I'm sure that you can see where I'm going with this.

Want to react to my post that was replying to yours on page 4?
    You mean these farming towns: http://www.savisas.com/blog/best-sma...-south-africa/

FYI: Boer is a derogatory word used by racists. Their real name is Afrikaaner.
    White farmer's lands being appropriated by the government just because the farmers are white is the very definition of discrimination. Affirmative action is also, by definition, discrimination. When the majority of the population benefits from affirmative action and only a minority doesn't, how is this different from discrimination? If the USA had a law saying that everyone who isn't Asian gets 50$ a day, would this not be considered a law that discriminates against Asian?
    So are you fine with supporters of ANC chanting "kill the boer"? Is this okay? Or statements by the leader of your 3rd largest political party, such as "We will not slaughter the white people. Yet."? Imagine if such things were said in a major political party in any western country concerning their minorities.
    White farms are not being appropriated by the government. Nothing has happened. Even the Zulu King's land has been thrown into the "use or lose" box. And he is black. Affirmative action is discrimination but it is necessary to fix the trauma of apartheid. Even with AA the unemployment amonst whites is 5%. Supporters are not the ruling party and do not effect policy. EFF has 6% of the vote, this is tiny and insignificant. The ANC is currently looking to make singing the song "Kill the Boer" illegal by it's members:
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...anned-20100326
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 25, 2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    You mean these farming towns: http://www.savisas.com/blog/best-sma...-south-africa/

FYI: Boer is a derogatory word used by racists. Their real name is Afrikaaner.
    Uh, no. https://www.wordnik.com/words/Boer
    • n. A Dutch colonist or descendant of a Dutch colonist in South Africa.
    The same link also states that it can be derogatory when applied to all white south africans, which is not at all what I'm doing. I'm applying it to the people it is meant to be applied to.

These farming towns are great and all, but how does it change the fact that the leader of the 3rd biggest political party in south Africa believes that Whites and other non Blacks should be kicked out of the country? Imagine if a video of Trump surfaced with him singing "kill the nr", because that's literally what is happening in your country. Closing your eyes to it won't make it go away.

Nothing has happened YET. your parliament already approved of it
    And in no civilised country would a statement like this be accepted.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; March 25, 2018 at 11:09 AM.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

The same link also states that it can be derogatory when applied to all white south africans, which is not at all what I'm doing. I'm applying it to the people it is meant to be applied to.

These farming towns are great and all, but how does it change the fact that the leader of the 3rd biggest political party in south Africa believes that Whites and other non Blacks should be kicked out of the country? Imagine if a video of Trump surfaced with him singing "kill the nr", because that's literally what is happening in your country. Closing your eyes to it won't make it go away.

your point?

also, while malemas statement is certainly meant to be provocative, i wonder why people like jordan peterson like to use it out of context. i mean, its bad enough on its own, could there be a reason?

They killed our people during land dispossession. ... They found peaceful Africans here. They killed them. They slaughtered them like animals. We are not calling for the slaughtering of white people, at least for now.
    Last edited by Katsumoto; March 25, 2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Removed image with censor bypass. Using an external link with a warning is acceptable.

"At least for now" part makes it pretty obvious that South African regime considers genocide an acceptable option.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Its not out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post

your point?

also, while malemas statement is certainly meant to be provocative, i wonder why people like jordan peterson like to use it out of context. i mean, its bad enough on its own, could there be a reason?

They killed our people during land dispossession. ... They found peaceful Africans here. They killed them. They slaughtered them like animals. We are not calling for the slaughtering of white people, at least for now.
    There is a massive difference between calling a country a (allegedly) and calling for the murder of people based on their race. Surely even you can understand that much?
    If I call north korea a failed state it does'nt mean that think ill of north koreans. Not to mention want them to die.

I'm personally wondering why you're bringing Jordan Peterson into the discussion. I provided the statement with it's context.
    "They found peaceful africans here" what like the Zulu empire? Good old Shaka "the peaceful guy" Zulu.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 25, 2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Whether I kill someone in self defence or because I'm a serial killer, the result is the same: I killed someone. Equally, if you discriminate against a race because you're a racist or because you think it helps a different group that has been discriminated against in the past the result is the same: You are discriminating against a race.
    You're not prosecuted for legitimate self-defense. Your example only proves my point. Context and intent are extremely important.

It's still a majority discriminating against a minority. Why is one OK while the other isn't?
    Because the minority has significant capital and communal resources while the other doesn't.

Why are you bringing palestinians into this? That's not even a matter of race.
    As an example. Racism is not limited to race alone. That's a common misconception. Racism is largely a socio-historical construct that is capable of discriminating against any one group,not just racially. This is why there is strong criticism against Islamophobic rhetoric. It boils down to racism regarding religion, not just skin color.

Making white people poor won't stop black people from being poor. It will just increase the number of poor people.
    That's simply not true. Marginally taxing the richest part of society to uplift the poorest isn't going to make more poor. That's simply an argument of "welfare make people poor" which is neither proven nor substantial in current economic discourse.

You're literally using racial discrimination to atone for past racial discrimination.
    Uh no. We are redistributing resources from one part of society to another based on need. There's a difference. A criticism of land distribution will have to be a lot more nuanced than simply "white people are being oppressed".

Actually boet, "Boer" is a derogatory word in MY country. I live here and a dictionary meaning means nothing. It shows that farm murders are isolated and that even though EFF is 3rd largest party it is still a tiny minority. Not all blacks feel this way. Are all white Americans Trumplodytes and KKK members because a lunatic fringe supports KKK??? I think not and therefor your point is mute. Our parliament has approved of an investigation into land ownership by the Constitutional Court. The "At least for now" comment was made by Malema, the black equivalent of the KKK. He's not in power, his party is tiny, and our "regime" has banned the song "Kill the Boer".

Now, if all you foreigners will excuse me, I've better things to do than explain myself for the 100th time.

Actually boet, "Boer" is a derogatory word in MY country.
    Why?

I live here and a dictionary meaning means nothing.
    I'm pretty sure it means "farmer" in Afrikaans.

Why?

I'm pretty sure it means "farmer" in Afrikaans.
    Yes, that's it meaning. However, the racists that want to kill the Boer use it as a derogatory word.