Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Practising homosexuality is just the same as practising bestiality in the eyes of God because biologically there is no future in it. Therefore any religious faction that allows such practices is a false religion. God made women to bear children in a loving and caring family environment with a man. Were it not so He would have made that possible by giving man the power to bear children too.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Practising homosexuality is just the same as practising bestiality in the eyes of God because biologically there is no future in it. Therefore any religious faction that allows such practices is a false religion. God made women to bear children in a loving and caring family environment with a man. Were it not so He would have made that possible by giving man the power to bear children too.
    Dumb to dumber.

If you were correct, God would not create impotent men or barren women.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by chriscase; April 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: attack the post, not the poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Well I'd say prostitution is more wrong because it hurts women, while homosexuality generally only hurts men. But generally any sexual act outside a monogamous, heterosexual, loving, committed relationship is wrong. This view wasn't invented by Abrahamic religions either. Most of humanity's greatest ethicists independently figured out that homosexual acts were bad for society, including Aristotle, Socrates and Plato.
    Would legal prostitution hurt women? Legsl prostitution would hurt women a lot less than the illegal prostitution rhat is actually happening.

As for homosexuality being bad or not, experience has shown that you can't always ban what is not good for people, we tried with alcohol, and it was a failure. Many Americans don't agree that sex belongs only a long term relationship, and the question is do we have a right to impose right and wrong on them, or we leave them to their own conscience, and and answer for themselves on the day lf judgment? Whether you believe homosexuality is immoral or not, many do not share that view, and in a democracy we don't have the right to restrict it. You have the right to warn them that it is immortal if that is what you believe, but since God gave people the free will to sin, what right do we have to take away the free will that God gave?

All I am saying, is that if people like Gnostic Christian demand rights for homosexuals, then they must willing to grant the same rights for others, such as prostitutes, and they are not. If you buy into the argument of gay rights activist, and pro choice groups, then prostitution should be legal. Note, even though alcohol is legal, many still don't drink and find the use of alcohol immortal. Same for smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Dumb to dumber.

Regards
    DL
    If the men were impotent and women barren due to illegal dumping of toxic chemicals, would that be God's fault? Or the men and women became sterile because of their own illegal drug use? Can we say "God" created the men impotent and the women barren?

The questions you raise are tied up with the question why good people suffer, and that is a question far too complex to go into here. In many case, people suffer because of the consequences of human actions, sometimes without realizing it. Smoking can lead to cancer, and it was a while before it was known. So a person in centuries past might have died from the cancer they got while smoking, but never realized it. To them, it would seem to they had been struck down for no reason. In other cases, suffering is the direct consequences of free will - unless God is willing to suspend the natural laws or eliminate free will each time someone tries shooting an innocent person, that doesn't seem like it is preventable.
    Last edited by chriscase; April 26, 2018 at 12:59 PM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    Would legal prostitution hurt women? Legsl prostitution would hurt women a lot less than the illegal prostitution rhat is actually happening.
    I'd say the psychological harm would be the same but perhaps not the physical harm. If we're going for a libertarian state, personally, I'd rather get rid of all the other tyrannical laws first before legalizing prostitution, tbqh.

As for homosexuality being bad or not, experience has shown that you can't always ban what is not good for people, we tried with alcohol, and it was a failure. Many Americans don't agree that sex belongs only a long term relationship, and the question is do we have a right to impose right and wrong on them, or we leave them to their own conscience, and and answer for themselves on the day lf judgment? Whether you believe homosexuality is immoral or not, many do not share that view, and in a democracy we don't have the right to restrict it. You have the right to warn them that it is immortal if that is what you believe, but since God gave people the free will to sin, what right do we have to take away the free will that God gave?

All I am saying, is that if people like Gnostic Christian demand rights for homosexuals, then they must willing to grant the same rights for others, such as prostitutes, and they are not. If you buy into the argument of gay rights activist, and pro choice groups, then prostitution should be legal. Note, even though alcohol is legal, many still don't drink and find the use of alcohol immortal. Same for smoking.
    I was speaking from an ethical perspective. Opposition to gay acts (not sure about lesbianism) wasn't invented by Christianity/Judaism.

Legality is a whole nother topic and you're right about it in that regard.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Dumb to dumber.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop,

God created Adam and Eve in perfection according to God Himself so perhaps this one is not so dumb? The consequence of their sinning resulted in man's fight with his health and well being because if death now entered the scene that shows that degradation takes place leaving man where he might not have been had he not sinned against God. Why even all the people who became saints had some sort of problem physically and still do today but with God in them and with them He gives them the strength to carry on until the day of calling and I am a fine example of that. Oh, I have heard on a few occasions people ask why God let them be the way they are never blaming their parents for why? The thing was that I worked hard through all my disabilities and since my conversion now know that one day all that will be gone thanks to Jesus Christ and Him crucified for me. I look forward to that future which was pictured in the garden at the beginning of time. What became outside was man's fault not God's.
    Last edited by chriscase; April 26, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789