Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [HS] Battle for Rome II - Parthia is OPEN

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [HS] Battle for Rome II - Parthia is OPEN

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

The Winter for the dacian folk in the mountainous regions was particularly tough this year , with a large amount of snowfull in the northern regions of Dacian. The warriors fell back to there farmsteads, and holdings in the winter period, with their service to there lords completed for the moment, with pockets full of plunder. Small villages and towns relied on the grain traded from the eastern ports which were run by the scythians & greeks , who provided such goods in exchange for the crafts of the highlands , or for gold obtained from raiding the roman lands to the south , which kept many families alive in the bitter weather.

Many a Warrior spent his time , in mead halls ,during the cold winter, boasting to his comrades , of his battle prowess and how many had personally fell to there blades in the previous battles . They did not hate the romans for what they were , warriors who expanded the roman empire , but rather viewed them as a cashcow to be milked when boredom or the mettle stuck them, and the dacian tribal lords equally used the southern roman states as unifying factor to keep troublesome tribes onboard , to help the many tribes act as one, to strike the lands around them and make themselves wealthy rather than have the warlike tribes turn on each other , as they had done in the past.

The Dacian lands were different in one respect , that those clans and tribes that lived deep in the mountains where little had changed over the centuries , as opposed to those dacians who had lived on the coastline , where greek culture and other influences effected them in pronounced ways. Trade had more than expanded over the last few decades and the mix of cultures, turned the once clan and tribe based people, into a more cultured greek/roman mix on the coastline , forcing subtle changes on their lands ,as greek ways and structures were built. Many of the elders , shook there heads, at such changes, saying that the old ways should be preserved, but many of the younger men laughed at what they saw as the old , more warlike and isolated culture , preferring instead the wealth that overseas trade , particularly from the black seas provided.

Turn to Egypt
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwc0jtgbml...pt_10.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; September 15, 2018 at 12:19 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

omg, i literally did the turn the day i got it fack. http://www.mediafire.com/file/4hc6h1...Parthia_10.sav

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Anthony - http://www.mediafire.com/file/614314...ny_11.sav/file

The cities of Latakia and Tarsus have been retaken by the Parthians. Rumors spread that the King of Kings Phraates is preparing a massive invasion against the Romans, one that will seal the fate of the east.

On another matter, Lepidus has been keeping troops inside the port of Carthage. Those troops will be moved this turn with just a warning.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Octavian up - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Li...ICl5t4x9Qs3Q6a
    Athens taken, the Greek rebellion has been annihilated.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Deceneus , Warlord and supposed King of Dacia , was rubbing his hands , at perhaps another season of raiding of roman lands, but his plans where thwarted by another event which had come to pass...his fourth son , Burebista had announced his wedding to Verica of Olbra , and such a event , had called all the important clan leaders, to the capital to celebrate the young "boys" passage into manhood. There was only perhaps one thing , as important as a good war, or raid , and that was a party , and no self-styled clan leader would miss a celebration event , with all the mead , and wine there was to drink.

There was some worry , when dacian scouts spotted a roman troop column, which had left Pella and was heading towards their border fort south of Navissus, and the likewise concentration of roman troops at Ainos , but Deceneus waved such concerns away with a large pint of mead in hand ..

"Don't you worry about that boy!...You have much harder concerns to worry about!{said the warlord laughing}....Besides you know how cold our mountains get in the winter, and those roman supply columns are always vulnable if they move too deep into our terrority.....Now drink up!" , he said to Burebista and smacked him on the back whilst moving on to regale great songs of his own valour to the other clan chiefs.

Turn to Egypt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/flht19t20o...pt_11.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; September 15, 2018 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    Just a heads up that that's a Thracian flag not Dacian . I'll walk myself out...

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Just a heads up that that's a Thracian flag not Dacian . I'll walk myself out...
    {winks}

Didn't notice the delay till now. I'll sub as soon as I can.

Save sent to Anthony

A few chests of riches was discovered by the Anthony's legionnaires as they were entering in the Senators villas in the conquered cities. However the greed was greater than the loyalty to their commander as the majority of the treasure was stolen by the legionnaires. 3000 drachmas remained after this which were given to Anthony's treasure.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Pompey up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/8gwbsv
    Took the last settlement on sicily with overwhelming forces.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

-Stannis Baratheon

apologies for delay..as got caught up in American high court nominee meeting , but will do this turn tommorow

Last edited by paladinbob123; September 29, 2018 at 09:22 AM.