Thread: An issue with the Rome 2 mod manager.

Default An issue with the Rome 2 mod manager.

I am running only the latest 2 part DEI, but the mod manager keeps on alerting me at the launch that my mods are outdated.

Fortunately It hasn't given me any problems aside from few crashes, which happened even before, and was solved by simple reloading.
    Then I reached turn 113 and at Armenia's turn my game always crashed. I tried couple reloading and AI acted bit differently at times, but the the crash remained consistent.
    Then I searched through the forum and saw the "delete appdata folder", tried and deleted my save in the process(I thought I made a backup...).

So the appdata folder is gone, but the mod manager is still telling me that my mods are outdated. Few times the game launched without the alert, but most of the time it popped up.
    I don't know if this is the reason for the crash, but I want to make sure before starting a new campaign.

Default Re: An issue with the Rome 2 mod manager.

Yeah many mods are outdated, but many won't cause any issues with newer game versions.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: An issue with the Rome 2 mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by crypteque View Post
    I am running only the latest 2 part DEI, but the mod manager keeps on alerting me at the launch that my mods are outdated.

Fortunately It hasn't given me any problems aside from few crashes, which happened even before, and was solved by simple reloading.
    Then I reached turn 113 and at Armenia's turn my game always crashed. I tried couple reloading and AI acted bit differently at times, but the the crash remained consistent.
    Then I searched through the forum and saw the "delete appdata folder", tried and deleted my save in the process(I thought I made a backup...).

So the appdata folder is gone, but the mod manager is still telling me that my mods are outdated. Few times the game launched without the alert, but most of the time it popped up.
    I don't know if this is the reason for the crash, but I want to make sure before starting a new campaign.
    That's 2 different issues probably. The crashes and the outdated mods warnings may be connected or not.
    If a crash is random then your savegame is corrupted and the AppData fix is usually the solution. If a crash is specific then it's a bug or a mod conflict.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 15, 2018 at 09:52 AM.