Thread: Playable Custom Marienburg Faction

Default Playable Custom Marienburg Faction

Over the next coming weeks, I will be working to create a fully fledged Marienburg faction, hopefully as similar to 'Cataph's Kraka Drak: the Norse Dwarves 2.0' and 'Mixu's Mousillon'.

I have high hopes for this project, hopefully bringing in custom units, technologies, legendary lords and potentially some new buildings/landmarks.

The first thing I will be working on is the units, as it is the part of modding that I am most familiar with, creating Marienburg specific units such as Landestrum, Armbrustschutzen, Ersatzsolder, etc. and maybe some new ROR's, Lords, heroes, if possible.

The scale of the project will be quite large and thus I do not expect any miracles, it is my first undertaking to create this sort of massive overhaul and thus will take alot of time and effort.

While I have essentially nothing to show now, not even the name of the project has been thought up, to give an idea of what the units could potentially look like, I am showcasing one of the ROR I created for the Empire in one of my mods, Manann's Blades.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Playable Custom Marienburg Faction

Good luck. You don't think the unit card needs a floppy hat though? It looks like most of that unit has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula_ View Post
    Good luck. You don't think the unit card needs a floppy hat though? It looks like most of that unit has them.
    Thank you, in regards to the unit card, I will attempt to switch around different unit cards or potentially draw out new ones, though I am no artist, it is something that I have had in mind when creating new units.

Thought I would give a little update and showcase two units, the Landesturm, essentially peasants told to fight and the Ersatzsolder, one with and without shields, they are mustered from the urban population and thus are still not state troops, therefore are wearing either their own clothes or some rustic armour.

Unfortunately there are not too many sources nor models/images on the Marienburg units other than what I could find and thus most of these are from what I would perceive the units to look like.

This thread might be of use. As far as I understand, its a giant collection of various resources and suggestions for faction rosters.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dated-18-01-18

This thread in particular
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post15134408

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula_ View Post
    This thread might be of use. As far as I understand, its a giant collection of various resources and suggestions for faction rosters.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dated-18-01-18

This thread in particular
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post15134408
    Thank you Caligula_, though I am currently using the fantastic sources from PaulH, it is that, in general, Marienburg troops are not too expanded upon, I still have been able to find a few models and pictures here and there, though is unfortunately significantly less than the Empire or Bretonnia for example. Once again however, I appreciate the assistance.

Another update, I have currently completed some more units and furthermore attempting to balance them for the game.

I currently have 5 more units to showcase, though some have alternatives as I will explain.

The first image showcases the Helblitzen, halberd infantry with better armour than those equipped as urban population, these men make up the majority of state troops, since the crossbowmen (Armbrutschutzen) and handgunners (Jaegerkorps) are also state troops, they have similar textures. I have decided to use a darker yellow and blue for these units as I preferred it to the original Marienburg colours.

Next comes the Berjaeger, trackers and hunters using longbows, coloured green and brown as camo.

The Burghers are next, essentially wealthy men who can afford better armour and weapons, to show off their status, they have chosen to wear capes and carry massive greatswords into battle, these are currently my favourite units.

The Kriegsritter comes next, similar to the Bretonnian mounted yeoman, these men protect the country in times of peace and are useful as fast cavalry in battle.

Lastly, the Raubritter, also known as 'Robber Barrons', some of these men are either extremely wealthy or noblemen, and thus are able to afford their own horses, they also carry greatswords into battle.

As a final word, I am currently looking into including new buildings into the faction, since this is my first time, as I usually only work on units, it has been difficult, though I have been able to include my first new building, the pit arena, it is still a work in progress, though it will, hopefully, allow the player to recruit pit fighters, a new unit, into the game.

Been a little while since the last update but I have some more things to talk about.

I have, in the current update, introduced two new units, a Pit Fighter and a Chaos Pit Fighter, the Pit Fighter uses a Witch Elf type of combat whereas the Chaos Pit Fighter uses a Halberd, they are both recruitable from a new building chain named the Pit Arena, though the Chaos Pit Fighter is only recruitable in larger settlements as the Pit Colosseum, the next tier up is where they are able to be recruited from. Moreover, to keep people from only using the powerful fighters, I have introduced a cap similar to how the TK DLC is used, with each respectable building giving an added 'allowance' of the unit.

I have also attempted to dabble in the LL skills and technology, though I can't really give much info as there is still alot to be done.

Lastly, I am proud to introduce the LL that will be leading the faction, the Sword Of Solkan, there are not too many characters to choose from, not many images either, this character had none, though there were a few clues to assist in designing him. He will hopefully have unique items/skills in the near future.

Until I express differently, this is what the final tech tree will look like on release.

Another update, this time, unit cards.

I've managed to complete unit cards for each of my new units, as shown below, excluding ones that are using another unit card.

I'm sure not everyone will like the look of the units cards, however, they kind of remind me of the Atilla, Age of Charlemagne unit cards of which I enjoyed the look of, therefore, unless any changes occur, these will appear in the final release.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

beautifull keep it up+rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    beautifull keep it up+rep
    Much appreciated, glad you like it.

Staring Location, Units and Skills this time around.

Simply wanted to inform everyone that I will be planning to release the first version of this mod either today or, if more work is needed, within the next few days.

I am looking forward to hearing feedback on release.

Managed to release the first version of my mod, feel free to have a look here:

I'm excited to hear your feedback.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1356926158

Congratulations on the release! If you want, you can make an announcement in this thread here, and/or make a Front Page Announcement request here.

Since many people asked for it, uploaded a SFO compatible version:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1358598925

Thought I'd put this here as I still am/will be updating the mod with new content.

Speaking with the creator of the Old World Rites mod, we could potentially have a Marienburg implementation where the faction will receive some rites, giving it a more interesting playthrough.

For this however, I will need the ideas from the community around the mod, attempt to think of other faction rites and how you would convert them to Marienburg.

Any help is appreciated and if you would like to see this mod grow, please do offer some ideas for the discussion as it could do wonders to help out.

Regards, Sam.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...5894145089207/