Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    People here are still hyped because of the good old days of Rome 1 and Medieval 2. Whatever they're planning to do it'll be ranging from meh to so-so and nothing what fans actually want, deserve, and are willing to genuinely pre-order.

This community deserves a separate massive team focused entirely on antiquity and to release titles like Rome 3, 4, or something similar every 2-3 years but we get some bs campaign for a broken game like Rome 2 that is being kept alive only by Divide et Impera.

And they won't even bother with a new map.
    I'm enjoying it even vannilla right now and I do use a couple of mods as well at times

As for a new map why not, let them suprise in what they come up with.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

People here are still hyped because of the good old days of Rome 1 and Medieval 2. Whatever they're planning to do it'll be ranging from meh to so-so and nothing what fans actually want, deserve, and are willing to genuinely pre-order.

This community deserves a separate massive team focused entirely on antiquity and to release titles like Rome 3, 4, or something similar every 2-3 years but we get some bs campaign for a broken game like Rome 2 that is being kept alive only by Divide et Impera.

And they won't even bother with a new map.
    Nah, we would not see this new DLC unless people were eager to buy Empire Divided, Desert Kingdoms and were hungry for more. You are basically saying people wouldnīt love some additional content for Med 2 for example. Sadly thatīs not gonna happen due to age of the game but principle is the same. I like this R2 idea, to support games for longer time. Not just moving to next and next one...If only CA stayed longer with Empire. R2 at least is getting better right now, or you think otherwise? And we have 3K as next historical this Fall and I would much prefer the next after that to be TW Victoria and THEN Med 3..so in 3-4 years. Because doing R3 right now probably wonīt be so drastically different from R2...

And new map is still possible or can you provide us with evidence saying otherwise?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Nah, we would not see this new DLC unless people were eager to buy Empire Divided, Desert Kingdoms and were hungry for more. You are basically saying people wouldnīt love some additional content for Med 2 for example. Sadly thatīs not gonna happen due to age of the game but principle is the same. I like this R2 idea, to support games for longer time. Not just moving to next and next one...If only CA stayed longer with Empire. R2 at least is getting better right now, or you think otherwise? And we have 3K as next historical this Fall and I would much prefer the next after that to be TW Victoria and THEN Med 3..so in 3-4 years. Because doing R3 right now probably wonīt be so drastically different from R2...

And new map is still possible or can you provide us with evidence saying otherwise?
    I'm enjoying the recent DLC and the new features in the free updates which they paid for. I'm looking forward to seeing what features the new DLC (or any free patch offered alongside it) will offer, as well as the new campaign. Even small new features can be useful. Yesterday, after one of my Carthaginian armies defeated two armies in the same turn, I merged some heavily depleted units (merging was added by patch 19) and recruited a couple of mercenaries before ending my turn, in case of a counter-attack. Sure enough, next turn my depleted army was under attack - from two more enemy armies!

(My only reservation is about TW Victoria being the next historical title after 3K, as I prefer 18th to 19th century warfare. I know that lots of people would enjoy a 19th century game. Maybe they are considering creating an Empire II with a DLC offering 19th century campaigns (similar to Attila and Age of Charlemagne), or a TW Victoria with a DLC providing 18th century campaigns? I hope so!)

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    I'm enjoying it even vannilla right now and I do use a couple of mods as well at times

As for a new map why not, let them suprise in what they come up with.
    I don't know for how long you've been playing R2 but after almost 5 years there's nothing else left to experience for me. Only DEI keeps bringing new features to this game.

I wish they'd make a new map, but they'll rather go for some Cilician Pirates Pack which I could do myself with PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post

You completely misunderstood my post. I said the good old days are gone but people still have this inexplicable hope that CA will surprise us with their next release.

The least complaints seem to be from Warhammer and I wish I could be into it as well and enjoy, but the core of the Total War are into antiquity and medieval periods, yet they focus on Thrones of Britannia and a bad joke like Empire Divided which modders can do themselves within 1 month.

( @Alwyn Victoria, Empire 2...I donīt mind. Iīm missing grand map and possibility to colonize and play power game over the whole globe. So anything between 1650ish-1700-1850ish would be great for that. :-) And campaign map with deep water! These coastlines around Europe or Japan, thatīs not enough. Even getting DLCs like Boshim War, Crimean War, American Civil War, Napoleon again, American War for independence/7 years war...maybe starting right after 30 years war and going on...I would love to see slow pace of game with these events changing focus of interest around the globe. Slow evolution, technology advancement. Instead of having new starting options adding them as historical events. Napoleon borns, France greatly expand..... :-) )

I don't know for how long you've been playing R2 but after almost 5 years there's nothing else left to experience for me. Only DEI keeps bringing new features to this game.
    Been playing since launch but have only over 2000 hours so far and I've still have some factions that I haven't touched. All the campaign dlc have been worthwhile Thing is I don't play it all the time but when I do I really enjoy it and I still play it. It certainly got me more into Paradox titles though. Fed up with the patching process around patch 8 I got EU Rome which has a far better political system amongst other things compared to what was in R2 at the time. Glad to see CA improved the politics with the latest patch. Same as when they got rid of the overpowered naval transports in the Wrath of Sparta patch. It's definately in my top 3 TW titles along side Rome 1 and Med 2. Haven't regretted buying it I just regret the rushed out of the door state it was in when released.

Looking forward to trying DEI again (other overhaul mods are availiable...) as I finally have a better PC now to do it justice. For the most part i've enjoyed R2 with just a few mods.

It's a real shame that Empire hasn't had this level of post release support. Which is a heading for another topic

And thatīs why Iīm fully supported these R2 DLCs. Maybe they are not complete revolution but if they prove to be successful enough, CA will surely greenlight even more ambitious projects! Basically what we are seeing with this bigger DLC ahead. Desert Kingdoms and Empire Divided proved that this kind of DLC may work even for older title!

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

After some Time , maybe it is just a rumor about any new dlc for rome II, CA is Just Concerned with 3K & ToB now .
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    After some Time , maybe it is just a rumor about any new dlc for rome II, CA is Just Concerned with 3K & ToB now .
    ToB is not making them much money from what I know. Seemed like a failure where on top of it being boring, you can't even release successful DLCs because it will be again, boring.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    Definitely not a rumour. Infact...

Historical New Content Team – ROME II

As we mentioned in the last blog, we’re currently working on a big feature as the free content update for the next campaign pack for Total War: ROME II, which we’ll be opening for a public beta once we’ve announced the content of our new campaign pack. This helps us to ensure that we’re giving all of you the chance to get hands-on with a new feature that will affect the entirety of ROME II’s Grand Campaign. We’ll be sharing more on this very soon…
    Apart from the Free-LC, the historical new content team is also developing a campaign pack set in a specific location and time period. This particular combination of time and space has barely been touched by ROME II’s current content and comes with a very detailed new campaign map, brand new units, and factions familiar and new. There are also a number of new gameplay mechanics that aim to explore other ways of conducting total war in ROME II.
    Source: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-t...g-on-june-2018

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Any thoughts about what this DLC is about? Something tells me its about Troy or Alexander the Great...

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Definitely a campaign with eastern factions.

Has the guy on the right some hebrew signs on the botttom of his toga?
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; June 05, 2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Great jewish revolt

I see in this thread correct answer, but can't tell which post.
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; June 05, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    If they're adding a new environment the only logical addition for a game primarily based on ancient Rome would be Indian jungles. Maybe Maurya Empire campaign? I suppose it could also add Kalinga or the Tamil Kingdoms. Or the Satavahanas, Indo-Greeks,Yuezhi and Wusun depending on when it starts. Mostly wishful thinking there.

I suppose it could be improving current environments in Germania or the like and not be entirely new.
    If it's India, then YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

No India.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    No India.
    That sucks, not a big fan of the Jewish Revolt as that's been overdone in a lot of novels and movies.

OH no, I want a greater battle. But please tell me. will there be any new faction added to GC by this dlc?

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    No India.
    You know something we dont know? Tell us...

I can't.