Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Before Maurya-Dynasty it would be Nanda-Dynasty and after it Sunga in North India , right?
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 30, 2018 at 09:11 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Can't we get a music pack? It's seriously one of the most underwhelming of the series.
    That and try something to improve the provinces system.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Can't we get a music pack? It's seriously one of the most underwhelming of the series.
    That and try something to improve the provinces system.
    Jeff van Dyck? I would buy it immediately.

Loved his work as well.

Maybe all we need to do is introduce the current composer to the concept of percussion and repetition.

Hm, not sure. Van Dyck made: Euro mobilize and Euro battle of MTW; War of Kings of M2TW Kingdoms, Army of Drums of RTW and I'd rank those 3 as the top tracks of any TW game ever. He has a really good interpration of historical timeframe and cultural ties.
    The only game which had a good soundtrack and was not made by him is Napoleon.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; March 31, 2018 at 06:41 PM.

I was actually criticising the composer of Rome 2's soundtrack (I was bit unclear, sorry). To his credit also he did Attila, for which I'll give him a 6/10, and 9/10 for the incredible opening theme with the throat singing. On the other hand, I bought WH1 and have hardly touched it, playing only 5 hours in the several weeks I've owned it (I don't understand the hype at all for that game). Part of the reason I don't really enjoy it is the soundtrack is a totally forgettable brass and flutes mush. I really don't wan't him anywhere near ThroB either.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

- I'd like some new content about Dacian Wars and then maybe also something about the Age of Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius (Marcomannic Wars) and Commodus (the real beginning of the end).

- It would be very interesting also a detailed campaign describing the complex and awesome moment of Persian history in which the Sassanids took over the Parthian Empire.

- Also interesting would be the Tetrachy, with all its conflicts, its political complexities and its dangerous political equilibrium, a good challange for any player trying to verify if there were other ways to Restore the Roman Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    I was actually criticising the composer of Rome 2's soundtrack (I was bit unclear, sorry). To his credit also he did Attila, for which I'll give him a 6/10, and 9/10 for the incredible opening theme with the throat singing. On the other hand, I bought WH1 and have hardly touched it, playing only 5 hours in the several weeks I've owned it (I don't understand the hype at all for that game). Part of the reason I don't really enjoy it is the soundtrack is a totally forgettable brass and flutes mush. I really don't wan't him anywhere near ThroB either.
    Oh I understood it, it's my post that wasn't clear probably. I just don't think the current composer has the understanding of TW games that Van Dyck has (considering the latter's successful track record).

Attila has an alright theme though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    - I'd like some new content about Dacian Wars and then maybe also something about the Age of Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius (Marcomannic Wars) and Commodus (the real beginning of the end).

- Also interesting would be the Tetrachy, with all its conflicts, its political complexities and its dangerous political equilibrium, a good challange for any player trying to verify if there were other ways to Restore the Roman Empire.
    Less Rome-centric content please, IA and ED are more than enough

IA - 4 Rome
    ED - 3 Rome

I hope we'll get Mithridatic War with only 1 Roman faction.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    - I'd like some new content about Dacian Wars...
    One reason why a Dacian Wars campaign could play out very interestingly is because a Roman player would be challenged in ways that no other Rome 2 campaign offers. Think about it, the Dacians forces would be made up of falxmen, cavalry, and tons of skirmishers. Their Sarmatian allies would come with cataphracts and horse archers. Every battle could potentially wipe out a heavy infantry based army. The Dacians also cities with stone walls so it would be a far cry from dealing with your stereotypical barbarians.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Has anyone checked the steam database? It seems we may have a DLC that's not been released in two years. I think CA excels when they do small narrative campaigns, linear based.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Has anyone checked the steam database? It seems we may have a DLC that's not been released in two years. I think CA excels when they do small narrative campaigns, linear based.
    nope, these are old projects...like special editions or something like that or FLC. Just look at other DLCs, almost all of them got update a week ago....and DLC before release gets a lot updates on daily basis. These things has no update for two years. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    One reason why a Dacian Wars campaign could play out very interestingly is because a Roman player would be challenged in ways that no other Rome 2 campaign offers. Think about it, the Dacians forces would be made up of falxmen, cavalry, and tons of skirmishers. Their Sarmatian allies would come with cataphracts and horse archers. Every battle could potentially wipe out a heavy infantry based army. The Dacians also cities with stone walls so it would be a far cry from dealing with your stereotypical barbarians.
    That does sound interesting.

Would also be an opportunity to expand the Pirates and Raiders faction rosters a little. (I mean I still like factions with small rosters, but Desert Kingdoms has for me shown how you can have a slightly larger roster while still having factions with very definite strengths, weaknesses and drawbacks you have to play creatively to work around/with.)

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    nope, these are old projects...like special editions or something like that or FLC. Just look at other DLCs, almost all of them got update a week ago....and DLC before release gets a lot updates on daily basis. These things has no update for two years. :-)
    It hasn't...I thought it give me some hope for more Rome II DLC.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

There will be one more campaign DLC.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I think it could be nice and cheap to produce a Pyrrhus campaign. Against Romans, Carthaginians and Spartans sounds nice.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post

I hope we'll get Mithridatic War with only 1 Roman faction.
    I'd love a Mithradatic War campaign, Could add units for Rome, Pontus, Armenia, Parthia, Seleucids, Athens, Bosporan Kingdom, Colchis and add Bithynia, Rhodes, Cappadocia and Kartli as playable factions. Maybe even get the Pirates in there some how as an emrgent faction.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I think it could be nice and cheap to produce a Pyrrhus campaign. Against Romans, Carthaginians and Spartans sounds nice.
    Another campaign I'd love to play. Add units for Epirus (Molossians, Chaonians, Thesprotians , Ambraciots, Athamanians), Syracuse (Basically a full units roster), Carthage (Elymnians, Sardianians, Blasto-phoenicians, Sicelo-Phoenicians), Rome (Elephant Carts) and then also give us campaign playable Tarentum, Mamertines, Samnites, Lucanians and Campanians, maybe even Glatians, Lysimachus and Ptolemy Keraunus depending on how big and how far back the campaign goes.. I don't know if any of these could be added into the main campaign somehow.
    Last edited by RexImperator; April 02, 2018 at 10:12 PM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Steam DB finally showing new R2 unknown DLC. :-)
    https://steamdb.info/app/214950/dlc/ 850010 app ID

@Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio found ten minutes before me,all praise to him!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15569551
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)