Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

I think it depends a little on number of reusable assets. For example Bronze Age scenario or something around 1080 AD will require a lot of new assets while for Alexander and similar scenarios a lot things is already there. Units, minor factions....and they could use resources for more things like new mechanics...

Basically more alien look from R2 , more resources needed even for basic stuff. Less for other stuff..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius View Post
    But the Yuezhi would look indoeuropean like Massagetae or Sarmatae.
    Well, yea of course...what's your point?

The Yuezhi would still start off in the Tarim Basin, which is in modern day western China.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    I think 4 months minimum from release of Desert Kingdoms (so July earliest,) but I could easily see it being 6 months given it's "a fresh take on campaign packs for ROME II as well as a very exciting feature for the Free-LC." It's a guess, but seems to me that an ambitious Campaign Pack will probably take longer than a Culture Pack.

All we can say for sure is it will be what it will be.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    So before 3Kingdoms?

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    So before 3Kingdoms?
    Three Kingdoms is scheduled for Autumn according to the blog, so that's late September at the earliest. Thrones of Britannia is mid April. So I could see them slotting the Rome 2 Campaign in between the two games, probably in the latter half of that gap so as not to compete with Thrones, but not too close to Three Kingdoms either. July-August seems about right to me. But with basically no information to go on and no idea how long this DLC will take to make, that's really just a guess.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

April - ToB
    May - Lord pack WH2
    June
    July
    September/October - 3K?

I doubt releasing after 3K release...3K is new flagship at least for this year Fall/Winter. So probably before that date. Plus we know there will be some DLCs for ToB. Plus right now it looks like CA is trying not to release multiple things in one month ...so could it be like:

June - ToB DLC
    July - second Lord pack WH2
    September - R2 campaign
    OCtober - 3K

Let´s bet how much close it will be...
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 20, 2018 at 04:51 PM.

Do you think it would be better to delay the release date of Three Kingdoms to give way for Rome 2 campaign pack to become more polished? Also polishing Three Kingdoms as well during their delay.
    Last edited by jamreal18; March 21, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

I Hope we see a Family Tree in a Future Update and i think it will be true.

i Think, they add a Diadochi War Campaign.

Miss a Fix for the Hoplit/Phalanx Formations or a TEstudo Formation Fix, that we see the Same Complete Closed Testudo like in Rome 1

I would like to see the Alexander's campaign for R2TW, if headline is about campaign pack then is's Alexander

ToB delayed to May now.

@Tardi

I think Alexander would be more suited for a Saga campaign, since his campaign against the Persians (since that would seem more interesting and far larger and more difficult than the Balkan wars or the greek cities revolt) was only ~7 years, and ~9 years if you include the campaign against India. Also, some of the new campaign mechanics for ToB (if they translate it over to other saga campaigns) would fit more with Alexander (the estates mechanics), and i don't see them adding it to Rome 2.

Though the diadoch war seems to fit more with rome 2, as in they would have less to develop for new factions (except perhaps India), and can use their resources for bug fixes and the FLC (It seems to me like they put a lot of effort for the other FLCs, though i could be wrong ), though I've heard from other people that the latest BAI fixes made it worst in sieges?!?!
    Last edited by ThePoshBarbarian; March 22, 2018 at 05:05 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Yeah, but after some specified bugreports,they are working on the fix for the hotfix.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Let´s bet how much close it will be...
    Personally, I would predict either June or maybe July (Augustus is a dead month, release-wise, for obvious reasons). The Rome II team is probably the only truly separate team, whose members don't regularly join other projects, depending on where priorities lie. In what concerns the rest, I am certain that their structure is somewhat flexible, apart from the core team, with unit designers and etc. frequently moving around. What I suspect happened with Rome II is that CA noticed that the last major historical game remains playable, while many customers are thirsty for history. If you remember, because many bizarrely enough mistook the pyramids of the lizards for some sort of Mayan ruins, they got quite disappointed at the Warhammer II announcement, which forced CA to adjust its business policy.

Presumably, releasing minor DLCs for Rome II is a nice way to make money and please a noteworthy portion of your fandom. It's not a coincidence that production is centered in Bulgaria, the country with the lowest minimum wage in the European Union, even in comparison to Lithuania, Latvia or Romania. The low salaries and cheap prices allow them to generate easily profitable DLCs, with tiny expenses. At least until the 3 Kingdoms (when the number of Rome II players will inevitably fall dramatically, even if the release is a disaster), we should expect a constant production of downloadable material. It's a growing tendency in the video-game market, to invest more on DLCs than new titles or expansions, because it's far more profitable. CA's strategy seems sensible, but I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking. In fact, the success of Empire Divided may encourage them to avoid an ambitious project like Alexander, but yet, the Macedonian conqueror is so popular, that in the end, I think a relevant campaign will appear. Perhaps, even the easternmost factions in the main game will be appropriately updated with Indian names, culture and units.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Personally, I would predict either June or maybe July (Augustus is a dead month, release-wise, for obvious reasons). The Rome II team is probably the only truly separate team, whose members don't regularly join other projects, depending on where priorities lie. In what concerns the rest, I am certain that their structure is somewhat flexible, apart from the core team, with unit designers and etc. frequently moving around. What I suspect happened with Rome II is that CA noticed that the last major historical game remains playable, while many customers are thirsty for history. If you remember, because many bizarrely enough mistook the pyramids of the lizards for some sort of Mayan ruins, they got quite disappointed at the Warhammer II announcement, which forced CA to adjust its business policy.

Presumably, releasing minor DLCs for Rome II is a nice way to make money and please a noteworthy portion of your fandom. It's not a coincidence that production is centered in Bulgaria, the country with the lowest minimum wage in the European Union, even in comparison to Lithuania, Latvia or Romania. The low salaries and cheap prices allow them to generate easily profitable DLCs, with tiny expenses. At least until the 3 Kingdoms (when the number of Rome II players will inevitably fall dramatically, even if the release is a disaster), we should expect a constant production of downloadable material. It's a growing tendency in the video-game market, to invest more on DLCs than new titles or expansions, because it's far more profitable. CA's strategy seems sensible, but I wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking. In fact, the success of Empire Divided may encourage them to avoid an ambitious project like Alexander, but yet, the Macedonian conqueror is so popular, that in the end, I think a relevant campaign will appear. Perhaps, even the easternmost factions in the main game will be appropriately updated with Indian names, culture and units.
    Damn! I completely forgot month August even exist!!!

I think they have two extra separate teams. One is Juck Lusten´s one, it was formed last year for ToB and second is this previously Crytek Black Sea https://www.creative-assembly.com/bl...tudio-bulgaria. So basically these two new teams allowed CA to pursue the historical content for older games. Completely agree there was outcry for history content so CA tried this new approach and return to Rome 2/Attila. The big question is, when the development of this new campaign began. I can see two possible scenarios. First, ED/DK were testing projects to see viability of such DLCs for future and they got green for next one around this new announcement...sadly this would mean they are only at very beginning of development. Second scenario is, testing was done with ED and they continuously got green for DK and now for new campaign in which case the new campaign is already in development and might be release before 3K release during Fall. I think CA won´t release much history content after 3K launch to boost sales of this new flagship game..So either getting the new campaign before 3K or after around Christmas?

But I see nothing bad with more DLCs. Older schema with big releases with some DLCs was pretty flawed in my eyes. Games like Empire, Napoleon were left with a lot possible unexplored content and lot issues. If I compare the content for Empire and Warhammer, we can clearly see the evolution. WH DLCs are now worth every penny - Norsca, Tomb Kings....superb quality, bringing new mechanics and FLCs as well. And these ideas somewhat propagate even into R2 DLCs now. More FLC content for all. So overall Rome 2 at least have chance that DLCs might/will fix something. There are people playing still Med 2, R2 so why not give them some content. We will get new generation, new engine eventually but why haste things just to have more titles around...I´m pretty happy with less major titles with longer lifespan. If the overall quality and content is there. :-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 22, 2018 at 08:22 PM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Someone make a prediction what the next campaign pack will be, and let it come true!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Jesus ,CA still doing Doing more reskin DLCs for the still broken Rome 2? Have they still fixed the Campaign Province Management after Patch 17 broke it? No.Where the food and public order management was all but removed and the only challenge in the game left are the Political System and the remaining mindless grind vs the Stupid AI.Why waste time and just focus on Attila instead where Attila is so much more polished game compared with the Rome 2 bugfest.

I cant still understand the people who want Alexander the Great DLC campaign... Where the Hole DLC will be 1-2 maximum playable factions,where the Macedonian CAI will always will be wiped out by the persians and the the only interesting(that we already got since day one of Rome 2) are the Macedonians.The Persian unit Roster is already in the Game - Just Look at the Persians in WOS campaign DLC and see how bland they are as units in total. Even the Alexander Campaign for Rome 1 was the most borring content out of the hole Rome 1 game.

The Diadochi War Campaign is already in the game.If you dont know its 1/4 of the Campaign map of the Grand Campaign with Factions like : Macedon,Epirus,Athens,Sparta,Pontus,Pergamon,Armenia,Selucids,Ptolemaic Egypt,Parthia,Baktria and so on.

Why CA have to do another copy pasted DLC campaign just like Hannibal at the Gates and Caesar in Gaul ? Do people really want this for real? Why go Backwards with copy pasted DLCs instead going forwards with Totaly not in Game A or B time periods represented in Total War as part of a DLC. Attila compared to Rome 2 offers so much more choce for DLC Campaigns.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; March 23, 2018 at 03:21 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Jesus ,CA still doing Doing more reskin DLCs for the still broken Rome 2? Have they still fixed the Campaign Province Management after Patch 17 broke it? No.Where the food and public order management was all but removed and the only challenge in the game left are the Political System and the remaining mindless grind vs the Stupid AI.Why waste time and just focus on Attila instead where Attila is so much more polished game compared with the Rome 2 bugfest.
    Grain resource was changed in Patch 18 which was the patch that came out last November.

"Changed the effects of grain settlements. They now provide food to regions in their current province and adjacent provinces instead of faction-wide."

So it's still worthwhile having, but you aren't going to feed an empire with one region.

Public Order management still seems to be something you have to actively engage in in my experience, you can't just rely on Trade resources either.

Attila simply doesn't have the playerbase to support more content it seems. Rome 2 does, and as for which is better it's really a matter of personal opinion and preference these days. (I'd also say that Rome 2 isn't "still broken" and hasn't been "broken" for a long time.)

I cant still understand the people who want Alexander the Great DLC campaign... Where the Hole DLC will be 1-2 maximum playable factions,where the Macedonian CAI will always will be wiped out by the persians and the the only interesting(that we already got since day one of Rome 2) are the Macedonians.The Persian unit Roster is already in the Game - Just Look at the Persians in WOS campaign DLC and see how bland they are as units in total. Even the Alexander Campaign for Rome 1 was the most borring content out of the hole Rome 1 game.
    I used to feel the same about an Alexander campaign. But in the past few years there's been quite a bit of discussion about it, and several people have put forward some interesting ideas on how it could be expanded upon (some of which are in the first post of this thread.) Still not totally sold on the idea, but I think it has potential.

The Diadochi War Campaign is already in the game.If you dont know its 1/4 of the Campaign map of the Grand Campaign with Factions like : Macedon,Epirus,Athens,Sparta,Pontus,Pergamon,Armenia,Selucids,Ptolemaic Egypt,Parthia,Baktria and so on.
    I agree the initial Grand Campaign set up covers much of the Diadachi War, so I don't really see it as a solo campaign. But the idea of it as an end game challenge in a campaign that covers Alexander's reign could be quite interesting I feel. Having Alexander as a powerful leader, but one whose death (perhaps by certain events or in game actions) leads to his empire fracturing and going into an all out war could be fun.

Why CA have to do another copy pasted DLC campaign just like Hannibal at the Gates and Caesar in Gaul ? Do people really want this for real? Why go Backwards with copy pasted DLCs instead going forwards with Totaly not in Game A or B time periods represented in Total War as part of a DLC. Attila compared to Rome 2 offers so much more choce for DLC Campaigns.
    I don't see them as copy pasted. They may make use of some of the same units, but they also bring with them a lot of new content, some focused in the campaign itself and some into the Grand Campaign and beyond. (Plus I've never had a problem with reusing assets when it's appropriate and reflected in the price.) Also by focusing on a small part of the era (geographically and in time) allows for different gameplay and for campaign specific mechanics.

e.g. My Nervii campaign in Caesar in Gaul is quite different to my Nervii campaign in Grand Campaign. Same is true of Rome.

I appreciate some don't see the point of for example releasing a campaign based on Caesar's Conquest of Gaul when you can already conquer Gaul as Rome in Grand Campaign. But to me that's like saying why read a book about the life of Julius Caesar when I already have a book about the History of the Roman Empire? The former may be covered by the latter, but the latter allows for more detail because it has a narrower focus.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I beg to differ. The food and public order management are all but removed even now. You still got after 20 turns with 2000 foodsupply , almost instant replenishment and +60 public order even after Sacking or Razing regions all settlements only because I hold Wine or grain Tier 2 Buildings halfway the campaign map. Its still broken even with Empire Divided. Before patch 17. The trade resources made perfect sence,but after patch 17 it buffs all regions on the campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    I appreciate some don't see the point of for example releasing a campaign based on Caesar's Conquest of Gaul when you can already conquer Gaul as Rome in Grand Campaign. But to me that's like saying why read a book about the life of Julius Caesar when I already have a book about the History of the Roman Empire? The former may be covered by the latter, but the latter allows for more detail because it has a narrower focus.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Its not the same as the argument that you Mentioned .Its more like same factions , just on a smaller more detailed playing field/campaign map, you pay 15 or 20 euros only for the campaign map,not the rest of the DLC where there is almost no work done and nothing new. Or Mentioning your argument - more like buying 20 pages from the book you already got without the rest of the same book.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; March 23, 2018 at 05:29 AM.

Prepatch 17 you never saw developed cities because of Food and PO-Problems around the mediterranian sea, which was complete unrealistic.

Attila has a bad optimisation, annoyant fearures (unrealistic climate change, destruction of whole regions (leading to a desert of destruction in Europe), unrealistic permanent diseases and PO-Struggle, permanent AI-Fullstackspam, even from the edge of the world, against the player).

Potential DLCs of Attila like Rise of Islam would be a pure reskin of AOC too.

And i´m sure many customers like me are not interested in migration period and early middle age.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 23, 2018 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius View Post
    Prepatch 17 you never saw developed cities because of Food and PO-Problems around the mediterranian sea, which was complete unrealistic.

Attila has a bad optimisation, annoyant fearures (unrealistic climate change, destruction of whole regions (leading to a desert of destruction in Europe), unrealistic permanent diseases and PO-Struggle, permanent AI-Fullstackspam, even from the edge of the world, against the player).

Potential DLCs of Attila like Rise of Islam would be a pure reskin of AOC too.

And i´m sure many customers like me are not interested in migration period and early middle age.

Prepatch 17 was all fine with food and there was always regions with + food and with max tier buildings.The climate change and the managing the province system was really interesting and created a good gameplay where the player needs to use their brain, destruction of whole regions werent the problem - the higher persent CA gave to razing is the real problem compared to rome 2.If you had ''unrealistic permanent diseases'' you basically can say you are bad with that game overall.The problem here is the starting negative public order of the Roman campaign,not the province system.BTW Fullstackspam wil be also in thones in Britian campaign also ,but with vikings.

Rise of Christianity(starting in311ad is fine) and Rise of Islam(starting after 634ad) with a campaign map like this I dont think it will the the reskin that AOC was.You got 3-4 potentional nomadic factions,Romans,Sassanids,Arabs,Axum and even maybe as Camio Tang China for 3 Kingdoms and parts of India.Who knows we can get also FLC Armenia.

The only problem for the Rise of Christianity Campaign DLC will be why create it when the faction's unit rosters will be mixture between the Empire Divided DLC and the Grand Campaign for Attila with Constantine playing the same role as factional leader, just like the factional leaders for the Heroic Factions in Empire Divided DLC with more focus on the religion aspect of the Game.

I had no food or po - problems prepatch 17. The whole map was full of unrealistic underdeveloped cities.

I won´t buy Attila or any Attila-DLC.

Boring grindfest with op cavalry, artificial difficulty and worse performance.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 23, 2018 at 09:03 AM.