Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

let me analysis
    very detailed maps - means DLC will focus one or two provinces. so no the persian or alexander/diadochi wars, and they are not "the completely different to what (most) people think it's going to be"
    DLC's time and space had been touched separately. But combination of time and space
    a new combination of time and space. that meas time and space we have touched separately already, but the combination is new. So no the Germanicus and Mithridatic, we have played them in GC
    The custome of picture is middle easten style, so no the diadochi、Germanicus、Spartacus,and italian.
    There is faction we familiar. That means some faction have been played in other dlc or GC. So no the troy or bronze age.
    So the only right answer is jweish revolt. And after my post, KLA said some answers was right immediately. He didn't say that before.

The dlc will be about jweish revolt. It's what most of people don't think it's going to be (and don't like). It‘s a new stroy that R2 never touched. It need a very detailed map. It has some faction we had played and some faction is new.

So the worst answer for you (and me) is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by zhouhaiyang View Post
    let
    The dlc will be about jweish revolt. It's what most of people don't think it's going to be (and don't like). It‘s a new stroy that R2 never touched. It need a very detailed map. It has some faction we had played and some faction is new.

So the worst answer for you (and me) is the truth.
    So will Jerusalem going to have its walls and become a major city in GC?

Playable factions?
    Last edited by jamreal18; June 06, 2018 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    I see in this thread correct answer, but can't tell which post.
    Are you working for CA?

As for the free content judging by the image on CA blogpost I assume we are getting a beard update. Game changing facial hair options what's not to like? *

* no I'm not being serious just super excited for a campaign on a new map

What factions would even be in a Jewish revolt campaign? As far as I can tell it would just be Rome and the Jews themselves, and I can't see CA releasing a campaign with just 2 factions; they would be foolish to do so.
    Personally, I have zero interest in another campaign centered around Rome, so I hope it is something else.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I don´t think it will be a Jewish Revolt. A campaign, where you do nothing then erase judean cities as Rome? Boring and repetitive.

I would bet on a jewish faction in a Mithradatic Wars-DLC.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    I don´t think it will be a Jewish Revolt. A campaign, where you do nothing then erase judean cities as Rome? Boring and repetitive.

I would bet on a jewish faction in a Mithradatic Wars-DLC.
    It would be the case of the Jewish revolt against the Seleucids (see Maccabean Revolt in 167 BC), so we'll have Judeans, Seleucids, Ptolemaic Egypt, and Romans in Anatolia.

But it would make more sense to be a campaign starting around the Roman-Seleucid War on 192 BC but that would require (or it makes sense) to include the 3rd Macedonian War from 172 - 168 BC, which would again make sense to include the 3rd Illyrian War and have at least the Ardiaei, Dardanians, and Thracians on the map.

This again is too good for CA's standards to have both the Balkans and Anatolia covered. They'd rather give us a Judean focused map and continue the taking the pi$$ marathon.

In any case we have the Macedonian Wars of DEI which uses the Wrath of Sparta map and that could be one of the reasons of not going head to head with DEI. Personally I bought Wrath of Sparta just to play the Macedonian Wars of DEI and suggest it to everyone.

Hello everyone. In my opinion next dlc will be about Diadochi wars, why please look at art work posted by CA, we have four people, tree waer purple clothes, purple clothes in ancient times were reserved only for kings and nobility beacuse of source of color which were nails from see, the point is that three men are from high nobility, another thing on which we should turn attencion is sitation in this picture. Two men from right who belongs to eastern culture are in despute with person in the left who is stnding behind to us in my opinion he is Macedonian general or even one of Alexander's successor and two men from right with eastern outlook are persian satraps or median satraps and finally the person who left is Greek in the middle who in my opinion doesent belong to rest three in social status maybe he is mediator or translator. There is a scene from movie Alexander where we can see Alexander death aftermach link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMb77933O40 where we can see Greeks, Macedonians and Persians in we can say similar clothes and situation in my opinion. Last think with all respect next dlc wont be abut jewish revolt, those to men with easter characteristic dosent look like jewish priest who were dressing more humble in white or grey white colours, in my Opinion Next DLC will be about Diadochi wars.

Alexander would be the most popular by far. The clothing looks right. A new combination of place and time could mean taking the eastern part of the map and perhaps extending it, and earlier Hellenic history having been covered in the Wrath of Sparta campaign could be loosely construed as the time period having been touched upon.

It's a stretch, but I don't know why they would waste time on another campaign pack when this is the one that would sell the most. Jewish revolt would be way too limited. Diadochi wars would just be boring, we can already fight each other as the Diadochi in the normal GC.

One major problem I feel with a Jewish Revolt campaign is that either it would be the most narrow and limited campaign in Total War's history or if they expanded it to Egypt, it would just be a section of the grand campaign cut off from the rest, as I understand it.
    I really want it to be focused on pre-Hellenic Persia.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

What if it's the rise of the persian empire? Including parts of western and north-western thracia, parts of greece, and india?

Someone has hinted India won't be in it BUT a Rise of the Persian empire would fit the description of 'some new factions, some familiar'; you could have new factions in the form of:
    Pre-Hellenstic Egypt and Persia, Lydia, Halicarnuss
    And familiar factions in the form of:
    Athens, Sythia, Sparta, Macedonia, Thrace....

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by arturherman91 View Post
    Hello everyone. In my opinion next dlc will be about Diadochi wars, why please look at art work posted by CA, we have four people, tree waer purple clothes, purple clothes in ancient times were reserved only for kings and nobility beacuse of source of color which were nails from see, the point is that three men are from high nobility, another thing on which we should turn attencion is sitation in this picture. Two men from right who belongs to eastern culture are in despute with person in the left who is stnding behind to us in my opinion he is Macedonian general or even one of Alexander's successor and two men from right with eastern outlook are persian satraps or median satraps and finally the person who left is Greek in the middle who in my opinion doesent belong to rest three in social status maybe he is mediator or translator. There is a scene from movie Alexander where we can see Alexander death aftermach link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMb77933O40 where we can see Greeks, Macedonians and Persians in we can say similar clothes and situation in my opinion. Last think with all respect next dlc wont be abut jewish revolt, those to men with easter characteristic dosent look like jewish priest who were dressing more humble in white or grey white colours, in my Opinion Next DLC will be about Diadochi wars.
    Welcome to the forums!

I think you make a good case. I'm also leaning towards an Alexander/Diadochi campaign, unless CA are keeping that for a future Saga game, or just don't feel it offers the sort of content they're aiming for. Also with the last two What The Teams Are Working On? posts I really get the feeling their current aim for Rome 2 is giving people stuff they've been asking for, for years. And Alexander has probably been mentioned as much as Desert Kingdoms and the Guard Button, and we got both of those last patch.

Also makes me wonder what the patch will bring?

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I suspect a lot of people are going to be very disappointed (me included) if it's "The Great Jewish Revolt", and not some of the other options like Alexander, Successor Wars or Mithridatic Wars. Sounds like a very niche campaign and it will probably not sell well either.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I suspect a lot of people are going to be very disappointed (me included) if it's "The Great Jewish Revolt", and not some of the other options like Alexander, Successor Wars or Mithridatic Wars. Sounds like a very niche campaign and it will probably not sell well either.
    It'll also be somewhat controversial when non-gaming (and possibly some gaming) journos catch wind of it, especially what's happening in Israel and the surrounding regions as of late, and while some
    controversy is good, the amount that might be generated by the jewish revolt campaign would hinder CA in the long run, at least imho!

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoshBarbarian View Post
    It'll also be somewhat controversial when non-gaming (and possibly some gaming) journos catch wind of it, especially what's happening in Israel and the surrounding regions as of late, and while some
    controversy is good, the amount that might be generated by the jewish revolt campaign would hinder CA in the long run, at least imho!
    Some random journalists with agendas shouldn't dictate what we should get in our games, and what happens today in some country should be irrelevant to a historical portrayal in a game. Otherwise it'll be a bit like when some people get "upset" when world war 2 games depict Germany historically

I actually just meant that a niche campaign like that would be a letdown when most posters seem to be expecting something more grandeur. Doesn't matter if it's the Jewish Revolt or some other niche thing, and I mean niche in comparison to for example Alexander's campaign. The Jewish Revolt was an important occurance in itself.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Probably a big stretch, but regarding the Free LC, I'm hoping there's some kind of visual\audio upgrade along with a family tree.
    Maybe an engine update that would improve\change the feel of the game and breathe new life into it.

They could bring it inline more with ToB\Attila in terms of graphics. Although I doubt they would do it for free, something they would charge for I imagine, I can still dream though!

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rob003 View Post
    Probably a big stretch, but regarding the Free LC, I'm hoping there's some kind of visual\audio upgrade along with a family tree.
    Maybe an engine update that would improve\change the feel of the game and breathe new life into it.

They could bring it inline more with ToB\Attila in terms of graphics. Although I doubt they would do it for free, something they would charge for I imagine, I can still dream though!
    I'd really rather they didn't make changes to the graphics like that. Firstly, I like the way Rome 2 looks presently. Secondly, given Rome 2 doesn't trigger my eye problems and migraines, while Attila and Thrones do, I really don't want to lose that. (I'm sure you can understand. :-) ) And thirdly, Rome 2 runs a lot better than Attila on a good many people's computers, including mine.

Family tree, I've never really seen the need for it in Rome 2 due to the setting/game. But I know a lot of people seem to really want it, so as long as it could be done in a way that fit the setting (so not just turning everyone into essentially a feudal hereditary monarchy,) and was also interesting and fun, I wouldn't be averse to them adding it.

The new feature update does have me puzzled. There aren't many things that could be said to be "a new feature that will affect the entirety of ROME II’s Grand Campaign," and some of them have already been covered in Power & Politics and Female Leaders updates.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    I'd really rather they didn't make changes to the graphics like that. Firstly, I like the way Rome 2 looks presently. Secondly, given Rome 2 doesn't trigger my eye problems and migraines, while Attila and Thrones do, I really don't want to lose that. (I'm sure you can understand. :-) ) And thirdly, Rome 2 runs a lot better than Attila on a good many people's computers, including mine.

Family tree, I've never really seen the need for it in Rome 2 due to the setting/game. But I know a lot of people seem to really want it, so as long as it could be done in a way that fit the setting (so not just turning everyone into essentially a feudal hereditary monarchy,) and was also interesting and fun, I wouldn't be averse to them adding it.

The new feature update does have me puzzled. There aren't many things that could be said to be "a new feature that will affect the entirety of ROME II’s Grand Campaign," and some of them have already been covered in Power & Politics and Female Leaders updates.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Luckily for you I don't think they'll be messing with any of the graphics in the next major update. However, if they had the time and interest to do so, I would encourage them to make some changes to the graphics as there are a few graphical features which even previous Total War games (e.g. Empire -> Shogun II) had which Rome II was supposed to implement but didn't. I think most people would welcome them back as options and ought to be a priority in bringing the state of the game to where it should have been.

Example
    • Full Reflections - Full reflections have been possible since Empire without issue, but they don't work properly in Rome II. For some reason, units and terrain don't draw reflections anymore, but all rigidmodels (i.e. buildings, trees, other props etc) still do. A lot of pre-release footage showed off the reflections actually working, right up to a month before release, so I believe that this is possible to bring back. Even CA admitted that this was a bug years ago, and planned to bring out a fix for it but went quiet (probably due to dedicating the majority of their time on Attila).

Other than that, the only graphical options I'd want backported from Attila - which wouldn't require a re-work of art assets - would be:

• Portholes (little avatar portrait windows for characters) - In Rome 2, they lack AA and shadows, which make them look rather awkward. The portholes in Attila have these, and look so much better for it.
    • Proximity Fading Option - For some people, it's a very annoying visual feature which was introduced in Rome II. It's most definitely possible to provide an option to remove it officially, as an unofficial hack mod(?) back for patch 17 managed to make it a toggleable option and is present in Attila.
    Last edited by Benjin; June 07, 2018 at 03:22 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

The settlement 3D-models need to graphically be downsized (in line with Attila) so that major cities without a port (such as Rome) can have the full six building slots available to it without covering too large portions of the map.

Also, I really hope the next patch restores the family tree to the Rome Total War-franchise.
    Last edited by Patrician; June 08, 2018 at 12:48 AM.