Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    I'm, however, a bit worried that if they attempt to represent a geographical area so large so as to be able to include both Carthage and Rome as well as expanded India there will be a lot of cutting edges within the map as, due to its scale, there will be some regions that are very poorly represented.

Even tough I kind of got used to it already, I still have problems with the current map that we have for Rome 2. The only good thing is that they improved it slightly with the Imperator Augustus map that DeI team implemented for the grand campaign. With the original R2 map it would be really difficult for me to play this game.

I would therefore prefer that the map is smaller in its scale, but instead features more detailed regions. It would be so nice to see more detailed Greece, Asia Minor and Persia on one map... and such a map would potentially provide numerous Hellenistic-centered, Perisan-centered or Indian-centered scenarios for different mods.
    Completely agree. Map size should not result in poor representation of some areas and of course too big map could be also issue. However my experience from Mortal Empire Warahmmer campaign is positive, TW can work on such big scale (little bigger Empire map). Could it in R2? No idea.

Reason why I wanted new/enlarged map was to get new "main campaign map", bigger one with India and central Asia. Having another smaller campaign map is also good but I like big playfield...especially if you can add new factions,civilization. :-)

And of course question of Rome/Carthage in Alexander´s time. It is like Massalia and Carthage in RotR campagin ,could be in,could be out. Alexander´s campagin was in one direction, to the east. Adding Carthage and Rome would add little "what if" and possibly late game conflict. But it is really up to our personal preferencies.. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

How many turns has Rise of Thrones Republic?

I mean Rise of the Republic of cause.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 13, 2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddeleus View Post
    How many turns has Rise of Thrones Republic?
    I mean Rise of the Republic of cause.
    There's no turn limit. I mean in theory the major figures like Furius Camilus and Brennus will eventually die of old age, if they don't die in battle or via assassination (there are no immortal leaders in this,) but you can just play on with their heirs.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I was not precisely. How many turns per year i want to know

I was not precisely. How many turns per year i want to know
    Ah, right. It's 4 turns per year I think.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Thank you

Thank you
    Happy to help. Hope you have a good afternoon.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So is development on RII abandoned then?

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    So is development on RII abandoned then?
    This second era of Rome 2 content could never last forever, and considering Three Kingdoms was originally intended to release in the latter half of 2018 I could see Rise of the Republic/Ancestral Update being the last planned update (plus it both added a long requested feature in Family Tree, and returned to the beginning with Rise.) Then again, they've apparently been selling fairly well (as Empire Divided was followed by Desert Kingdoms and then Rise of Republic,) so there may be a case to continue releasing this sort of content, especially as Three Kingdoms isn't looking so much a Historical title as a Historical/Fantasy hybrid...

So I'd say your guess is as good as anyone's.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I don't know where you can get accurate stats but to me it doesn't seem like RotR has been selling well. Steamspy gives the 20.000 rough estimation and that sounds like a failure profit-wise.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    This second era of Rome 2 content could never last forever, and considering Three Kingdoms was originally intended to release in the latter half of 2018 I could see Rise of the Republic/Ancestral Update being the last planned update (plus it both added a long requested feature in Family Tree, and returned to the beginning with Rise.) Then again, they've apparently been selling fairly well (as Empire Divided was followed by Desert Kingdoms and then Rise of Republic,) so there may be a case to continue releasing this sort of content, especially as Three Kingdoms isn't looking so much a Historical title as a Historical/Fantasy hybrid...

So I'd say your guess is as good as anyone's.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    I do hope they continue with this game.

I yearn for the day TED comes but it's a long shoot into the distance.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    I don't know where you can get accurate stats but to me it doesn't seem like RotR has been selling well. Steamspy gives the 20.000 rough estimation and that sounds like a failure profit-wise.
    Can you show me how to find it on steamspy? I´m unable to dig that estimation there. And can you check numbers for other DLCs as well? :-)

But looking at steam, comparing number of reviews for Empire Divided/RotR..in first week ED got 267/164=cca 420 (total so far 608 mixed, 62%) and RotR 187/130=cca 320 (total so far 397 mixed, 60%, but is not out so long..) both DLCs are very close. My theory is, vocal % of players would be similar especially if both DLCs are in similar quality. 62/60 % seems to indicate that. So % of (un)happy should be similar even % of owners? Could it be? Of course vocal part could be the very same group independent on total owners..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)