Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Nice find - forgot to check that part! Now we can roughly see what provinces there will be (each province contains 2 - 5 settlements).
    Where do you see 5 region/settlements per province? ;-) I´m messing (as always) with building slots,settlements,UI... and there is nothing changed in that direction sadly. At least under Ancestral Update.

Nice catch! @The Byzantine
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 15, 2018 at 03:27 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Found the faction start maps, for the faction selection menu. All looks really interesting!

Rome
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tarchuna (Etruscans)

Taranto

Senones

Samnites

Syracuse

Insubres

Iolei

Veneti

At this rate of stuff being discovered, I think CA really should reveal the DLC as soon as possible.

Based on the info about Brennus' sword on the scales etc, I wonder if this will be called "Vae Victis" ("invasion" could just be a short reference to the period of time it's set in, like "pelop" was to "Wrath of Sparta" and "punic" was to "Hannibal at the Gates")?
    Last edited by Benjin; July 18, 2018 at 03:30 AM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Suebi's Avatar Foederatus

Really New DLC Italian wars ?!!ing Rome history Why not selected diadochi wars

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Anyone else feel like this is getting a tab bit silly now... I swear, at this rate you'll probably have data-mined a fully playable version of the DLC before the month is out!

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I'm looking forward to this getting released. Playing on a much larger Italian peninsula than in the tutorial or in HaTG is quite appealing. I've taken Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients of my wishlist.

When this is released Rome 2 and all it's campaigns will let you go from the early years of Rome right through to the beginings of feudal Europe in scope. Shame that Attila wasn't integrated into Rome 2. Oh well you can't turn the clock back.

So I wonder what the next one is? Becuase I'm sure there will be another one if there's enough demand. 3 pieces of new content and patching in in less than one year I don't think we all thought this was going to happen this time last year.

@Suebi All you've got to do is let CA know there's a demand and I'm sure they will consider it. Hopefully on a new map and not a rehash of the Grand Campaign map.

@Welsh Dragon it's unavoidable so you could say it fits into unofficial guerrilla marketing and all helps to build up the hype in its own little way.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Suebi View Post
    Really New DLC Italian wars ?!!ing Rome history Why not selected diadochi wars
    I said this ages ago somewhere, but the starting positions of the Successor States in the Grand Campaign already pretty much starts off during that period of time already, so it'd be like having another Hannibal at the Gates-style campaign which wouldn't add much fresh content to the game. However, I do think the Diadochi Wars would work more as an endgame scenario for a potential Alexander campaign, which could be more original because of:

Map / Starting Positions: Stretches from Greece to India with bits of Africa - Thirtieth-Dynasty Egyptians under control of Persians who recently invaded, Greeks ready for conquering Persians, parts of the map never visited before in Rome II with new environment biomes (Indian subcontinent) etc.
    Factions: Lots of diverse factions and never-before seen cultures added to the game (e.g. Indian unit rosters, settlement map styles for that new culture).
    Campaign Gameplay: As Macedon, it could start off as a regular, map painter-style Total War campaign with an invincible historical character as head of state (Alexander's character art borrowed from ARENA). When you hit Alexander's death and have to face a dilemma of choosing which Successor State to inherit his legacy, this starts off the Wars of the Diadochi. As a non-Macedon faction, it could be like Attila's Grand Campaign, where you have to survive until a certain point - Alexander's death (really hard to do as any faction in or within close-proximity to Greece). Once that happens, Macedon's holdings will finally start to break up, prompting you to make your moves to finally winning the campaign.
    Brand Power: "Alexander" and his conquests definitely have more brand power than the "Diadochi" - it would sell better, therefore more incentive for CA to want to do it.
    FLC: Siege / Battle Mechanics Overhaul could be a good thing to do to coincide with a campaign DLC like this.
    Last edited by Benjin; July 18, 2018 at 03:32 AM.

I think Alexander TW will be a Saga ratter than a DLC for Rome II...

I like this new campaign, early Rome with samnites and etruscans is a "new" age in TW, better than just greeks vs legionaries with segmentata and germanic tribes. The map seems to be big and accurate. Also I like a lot this era.

Plus we have GC with the "beginning of roman empire", Hannibal and Caesar, Augustus (the first Emperor), Empire Divided and Attila (end of the Empire), a campaign focused in the true beginning of Rome will complete the circle of roman history.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    So I wonder what the next one is? Becuase I'm sure there will be another one if there's enough demand. 3 pieces of new content and patching in in less than one year I don't think we all thought this was going to happen this time last year.
    Seeing how they are listing potential features / fixes for "next time" (e.g. the siege escalation suggestion in the beta feedback), I do think it's possible. I guess it depends on how successful this DLC is and other factors (e.g. community's enthusiasm for more).
    Last edited by Benjin; July 15, 2018 at 06:28 PM.

Wow! Benjin found the factions and starting locations of new dlc.

Is there a way can I subscribe to you so I would always be updated?

I have a request though, please datamine 3 Kingdoms as well.

-----------

The question here, will there be new cities/settlements in real-time?

It's awkward to see exactly the same maps from Rome 2.

Hope it won't be like Wrath of Sparta.

Where will the team who made this dlc going to assign after it has been released?
    Last edited by jamreal18; July 15, 2018 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Seeing how they are listing potential features / fixes for "next time" (e.g. the siege escalation suggestion in the beta feedback), I do think it's possible. I guess it depends on how successful this DLC is and other factors (e.g. community's enthusiasm for more).
    Nice work with finding those faction maps

Btw, do you happen to be Benjin, the BF2142 Benjin dude?

Foederatus

There seem to be 3 new subcultures in the DB files as well.

sc_rom_etruscan
    sc_rom_iapygian
    sc_rom_italic

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    I've taken Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients of my wishlist.
    The Pyrrhos campaign of Hegemony III is still very good.

When this is released Rome 2 and all it's campaigns will let you go from the early years of Rome right through to the beginings of feudal Europe in scope.
    Wrath of Sparta is currently the earliest.

So I wonder what the next one is?
    Next will be the grand Grand Map on scale of WoS and the new Italy map, extending from Scandinavia to India, starting year 490 BC, Battle of Marathon... or earlier...

And when it is predicted this DLC to be out, please ?

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

well, well, well.....five years later and we get the family tree!! Overall the latest patch looks good and will be interesting to try out with the graphic enhancements etc..Also the Italic Wars campaign looks a good DLC. For me I have never been this excited on a DLC! Still well done CA on the DLC and at long last you are starting to listen to your customers on feedback and suggestions.

Thanks Strategos!

Interesting to see they base the DLC on Brennus. His sword trick and adventures with indiscreet geese are indeed the only historical episode of that period known outside the circles of the most historians. Still it cannot be compared to Asterix, Hannibal, Spartans! or even the oriental femininity of Zenobia, which is why I suspect the DLC will flop, especially if we take into consideration the disappointing results of Throb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Taking into account all the delays this year. 3K might be out March 2019 and between that date and today, there will be only 3 DLCs (2x Wh + R2) plus no work for Bulgaria and Jack. I expect this DLC in August, as we already have beta but no preorder info.. 2 months for beta + month for reveal seems okey with. After that there is still like 6 months before 3K hits shelves... But anyway nice info and details
    To clarify, I meant that it will be the last campaign DLC, although faction packs also seem doubtful, since we're running out of factions. I can't see the imaginary and misplaced factions of Media or Drangiana being included in a DLC. For campaigns, apart from the apparent lack of potentially profitable candidates, CA also suffers from time limits. Even if Brennus' invasion gets released in August, then the 9-months space between it and Empire Divided means that nothing can come before Three Kingdoms. Not to mention that there's no chance a serious company will derail the pre-release hype for their next major "tent-pole" title for the sake of a minor project. The last months before the arrival of Three Kingdoms will be solely dedicated to building up excitement and encouraging pre-orders, so no distractions will be allowed. The possibility that the Bulgarian employees team will be reinforced, in order to accelerate their production, also seems unlikely. In fact, the opposite would probably be true, where every satellite team will be expected to focus on Three Kingdoms, from bug elimination to optimization and beta-testing, with the objective of ensuring a release as serene as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Anyone else feel like this is getting a tab bit silly now... I swear, at this rate you'll probably have data-mined a fully playable version of the DLC before the month is out!
    Sorry I guess I missed your point, but what do you mean by that?
    @jamreal
    That's not how "data-mining" works. Our members explore the files of Rome II downloaded during the recent update. Anything relevant to the Three Kingdoms will be totally inaccessible to the average gamer at least a couple of days before the release. Even messing with the files before the "official time" will be viewed as piracy. An example is the YOUTUBE video of a Russian hacker who unlocked Rome II as soon as it was downloaded into his Steam account. If I remember correctly it depicted a comically absurd siege battle, which completely shocked the fanbase, because everyone was certain that the game would be impeccable. His evidence was dismissed as misleading Russian propaganda, until the terrible truth was revealed to the masses during the ominous day of the 3rd of September!
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 16, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

If they do continue with more rome 2 DLC, I hope they do one without rome focused on the eastern side of the world (the Seleucid-Parthian wars anyone?)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I believe that name is already taken

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    I believe that name is already taken
    Haha, I hope it's not called Vae Victis - it could still be called something like "Brennus' Invasion" or "Rise of Rome".

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Nice work with finding those faction maps

Btw, do you happen to be Benjin, the BF2142 Benjin dude?

You got me, yes I am - that was a long time ago, back before I knew how to do anything like 3D etc.
    Last edited by Benjin; July 16, 2018 at 05:20 AM.

@Benjin the dlc will feature Roman Republic not Rome Kingdom?

So it's not proper to call it Rise of Rome, right?

Hope new leakage again tomorrow.
    Last edited by jamreal18; July 16, 2018 at 06:17 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    What forums do they read for sure? I don't think it would hurt them much at this particular point to come and to talk with fans in the most active forums. I think they will get quality feedback if they just simply open a thread and communicate with people. Besides of all possible rants, they will get really good feedback and data.

I hope this will not be a last DLC and FLC because there is a really good chance to improve this even further. I did not buy two latest DLC's for Rome but I will buy this one. I like the era and I think they move in the right direction, so I support them here a little bit. Personally I want them to give even more depth to a political and diplomatic systems. Little more parodoxish here won't hurt anyone.
    HR probably got mad at devs who were doing that and told them let PR handle it only.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)