Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Default Re: New Campaign pack for R2! :)

Glade to hear what people are saying. To put my 2 cents in it. Total war Arena has sulla so if you can play sulla in arena I think you be able to play him in game.

Any news about the next Magnus update to rome 2 would drop after Thrones of Britannia. I do have to say GG to CA on keeping thing quiet. Got people theorizing what the next campaign DLC going to be. Is it a new map or copy past.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Donofwar3 View Post
    Any news about the next Magnus update to rome 2 would drop after Thrones of Britannia. I do have to say GG to CA on keeping thing quiet. Got people theorizing what the next campaign DLC going to be. Is it a new map or copy past.
    This basically all we know:

HISTORICAL NEW CONTENT TEAM – CAMPAIGN NEXT:

With the successful release of Desert Kingdoms and Empire Divided, ROME II has come a long way, but there’s more action and free content to come yet. One big win has been the reduction of players who have problems with mods crashing their game, by creating roll back builds for those who want to use older mods, and the new mod filter for those that want to play new content without forgetting old mods may still be enabled and might cause issues.
    We’ve also looked at all of the fan feedback from Empire Divided through to Desert Kingdoms and feel we have a good understanding of things we need to address in the next content release for ROME II. We plan to line this up with the next campaign pack that we feel will be a fresh take on campaign packs for ROME II as well as a very exciting feature for the Free-LC that will release alongside it.
    That said, given that there was a 3-4 month gap between Empire Divided and Desert Kingdoms, and that it certainly sounds like the new campaign and update could be ambitious, I would think 4 months at minimum seems reasonable. So that puts them in July/August time at the earliest, so after Thrones release in May and before Three Kingdoms release in late 2018... But it's all speculating at this point.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I think Wells dragon is right in between Thrones and the Three Kingdoms smack dab in the middle.

RafSwi7's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

The entry for the upcoming campaign has been recently added to SteamDB.

"Empire Divided" was released 3 months after its DLC entry has appeared in SteamDB. For "Desert Kingdoms" it was 2 months.

I guess, that there is a chance we might see it July.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Let's hope for some good content, interesting region of focus, and interesting period this time.

My guess is the conquest of the British Isles for a campaign pack, with a Free-LC making more Germanic factions like the Marcomanni playable, since they're the only major cultural group that only has 1 faction playable in the general campaign.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Naja View Post
    My guess is the conquest of the British Isles for a campaign pack, with a Free-LC making more Germanic factions like the Marcomanni playable, since they're the only major cultural group that only has 1 faction playable in the general campaign.
    It's a possibility, I agree. Just not sure it's the direction CA would go given A) Similarities to Caesar in Gaul; B) They've only just released Thrones of Britannia, which is already getting backlash for its narrow focus, so not sure they'd have two Britannia Campaigns out within a few months of each other; C) Not sure how they could make a conquest of Britain campaign different enough to qualify as "a fresh take on campaign packs for ROME II."

That said, I'd definitely play a Conquest of Britain Campaign, and I've been wanting to have more options for playable Britannic and Germanic Tribes in Grand Campaign for years, so if it does go down that route I'll be happy.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

That would be great. Factions like the Picts or the Caledones would be quite a welcome addition. Not entirely sure how they would handle the Marcomanni roster tho (Germanic tribes mostly fought in the same manner). That "very exciting feature" is a tricky one. Could be anything from a family tree to brand new mechanics.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Alexander and Phalanxes pleaaaaase i liked my Phalanx armored Guys alot having their Alexander Encouraging them to Roll around the world
    but that will be nonscence if we had not family tree or at least a "Button" to Choose The Hier to Stop having Early Diadochi wars. and a nice Phalanx upgrade chains would be great too and the ability to customize the troops if it is possible it would be revolutionary .
    Last edited by M.A.E; May 23, 2018 at 06:45 PM.
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I think they should do a total rework to the naval warfare since it's in really bad shape to be honest. Campaign would be centered around some grand war in which maritime warfare played a great role.

If the Peloponnisan War was not out, I would say that could be the campaign you are talking about. Other than that, perhaps the Persian Wars could fill that role as naval battles were somewhat important in it.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I know it is probably wild theory, but...looking at steam db for R2, active depots (branches) have codename Miller 1,2,3. As of now there were updates 12hours ago, 19 days, 20days respectively...so it seems like active branch for new DLC. If you want, check lower link for yourself.
    https://steamdb.info/app/214950/depots/
    Now to the wild theory. Frank Miller is author of original 300 comics, yeah I know it is very very very historical detailed source but most importantly he was scheduled to release a sequel Alexander vs Xerxes, comics was in talk from last year, released this April and Miller would be totally super secret codename as probably some people in CA are reading comics as well and codenames are usually somehow connected with content. Could it be just coincidence?
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/18-...of-Alexander-1
    https://www.inverse.com/article/4018...nder-the-great

Truth is somewhere outside Please take it as joke, I was little bored in work today...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Nice try, but the last two dlcs depots were Miller I and II. ^^

But i would bet on Alexander too .
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Olala, I beated myself! I have the names in notes and haven´t checked them properly!

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

But im thinking the whole time about "bringing a fresh take with the new campaign pack"...

What have the new campaign packs from warhammer special, what could be translate to Rome II?

And no, i´m not thinking about the trolls and the magic.^^
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Perhaps a mythological take on the grand campaign?

I mean, age of mythology in rome 2? Not that it doesn't sound interesting
    Last edited by ThePoshBarbarian; May 23, 2018 at 11:23 AM.

The latest campaign pack actually have more different Legendary Lords, so having even bigger stress on central character? More than Empire Divided? Almost like having Napoleon? It would certainly suit to Alexander, but to others in that time period? Skill trees, traits, todies? Like TTT mod? Better goverment offices or whole goverment part?

I would prefer evolution of what we have, fixing some things here and there instead of having revolution :-) Especially I hope for new campaign map, AI in sieges could be little better,....

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    The latest campaign pack actually have more different Legendary Lords, so having even bigger stress on central character? More than Empire Divided? Almost like having Napoleon? It would certainly suit to Alexander, but to others in that time period? Skill trees, traits, todies? Like TTT mod? Better goverment offices or whole goverment part?

I would prefer evolution of what we have, fixing some things here and there instead of having revolution :-) Especially I hope for new campaign map, AI in sieges could be little better,....
    That would be a dream come true, that and a family tree (possible with a lot of work on CAs part) and an actual nomad system like in Attila (probably less work than the family tree, but still quite a lot) and porting the sanitation and banditry systems from ED to all campaigns (and removing the random plagues in the mean time)!

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

i think CA would not bother to make another complete overhaul to politics (but maybe adding an option or two to be suitable for kingdoms Hierldoms and such), there are alot of options out there for Rome II (Alexander The Great,Wars of the Diadochi,the roman monarch(509bc),Samnite Wars,Marcomannic Wars(Marcus Aurelius),Constantine the Great,Latin Wars,...etc) but the mostly equipped for a refresh campaign is (Alexander,Marcus,Constantine)
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate