Thread: Adding units from a mod to a garrison

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Adding units from a mod to a garrison

Hey, I'm making a personal mod and would like to add a unit I found on the workshop to garrisons for the ERE, as well as replace some that are already there. I've figured out how to swap units for others, but as the units I can use in it are in a drop-down menu only vanilla units are available. If you're wondering, it's this Byzantine Guardsmen mod I'm trying to use: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tine+guardsmen
    Basically, I'm looking to replace all the Limitanei line with these (they are guardsmen after all). Thanks

EDIT: I'm ok with the units having to replenish at the start of the campaign, I'm using another mod that changes the startpos so I don't want to mess with that.

EDIT II ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: I'm noticing that there's a lot of units that I can't select for garrisons. At a glace it's looking like anything that's not a part of a garrison in the vanilla game can't be chosen at all, but I know there's a way around that because I've seen mods do it...
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; March 14, 2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: Adding units from a mod to a garrison

If I remember right, you'll have to add a new group in armed_citizenry_unit_groups and assign that group to a unit in armed_citizenry_units_to_unit_groups_junctions. Then save your mod, open it again, and you should have the new group available to select in building_level_armed_citizenry_junctions.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Adding units from a mod to a garrison

I looked into it more, man this is a lot more complicated than Rome 1, the last time I did any modding. Insert incoherent rambling about kids these days and getting off my Limes *shakes spatha impotently*
    I'm starting to make some progress though
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'