Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Add In Your Own Music To M2TW

Default Re: Tutorial: How To Add In Your Own Music To M2TW

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

It's also linked in the first post.

Hello!. I have used the unpacker, but I don't find the files of the sound. I have those of the patch 1.1, but after the modifications, I would want those of the 1.2, because I am making a music mod.

Thanks!

We have to wait till CA releases the sound text files for 1.2. Should be soon.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

I hope so. All my sounds are wacky now because I added new factions. I need those text files.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

soon..yeah,i hate this word
    but need this files..
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

i recently unpacked with 1.2, and my audio and music.idx files are messed up, the game wont rebuild them correctly. what can i do?

Keeper of the FAITH

I've moved along as far as I can with the music process, but I can't figure out how to mod the WAV files to MP3s. I need a converter but can't find one for free. Does anyone know of a free and spyware free converter someone on the web I could use?

ive just reinstalled to 1.2, and the game still wont rebuild the files. what gives?

Keeper of the FAITH

Not really sure because I haven't tried to mod the music yet in 1.2. Reason is because I thought the 1.2 sound text files were different then the 1.1 but some modders are saying that they are exactly the same and some are reporting problems. I'll try it out myself whenever I get a chance and report back.

Indefinitely Banned

Yep, the BC team has been installing new sounds and music and so far the usage of he 1.1 files have caused no problems at all. For now...

Its very pleasing not to have to extract all the vanilla music. Just dump you custom sounds into the mod folder, make your changes in the txt file loops, delete the old sounds and event files (in you mod folder), load up and voila - it works.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

The only issue seems to be for users who don't have the English version of MTW2. They have been experiencing crashes when playing some sounds unless they copy files from the the main /data/sounds folder.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Methoz's Avatar Senator

in our country have big problem with copyright ...but i want to add own music to my mod for free public use... can i make some idix or what with my music? i think compress mp3 to other format ,but playable in mtw2?
    TotalWarForum.cz

What do you mean for free public use? You mean creating a music mod and sharing it?

Methoz's Avatar Senator

yes,but in our country its this "step" illegal
    TotalWarForum.cz

sik1977's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    To my knowledge, there's no limit but don't be surprised if you don't hear a few songs at first. For the campaign map, you don't have to replace the existing tracks. You can put your tracks either on top/below/mixed all around. For the battle map, the only way I could get my tracks to play was by replacing the existing tracks. For some reason, the game wouldn't play my tracks unless I took out the originals. As for order, it's random.
    Thanks a lot for the easy to follow tutorial. It took me 4 hours to properly choose, sort and mod my music into M2TW, but it all worked without a hitch on the first try or so.

One thing I would like to add is that the Battle music is working fine in my game without the need to remove the original like you said in your tutorial. I didn't do anything special, simply followed your tutorial, made sure all lines in the .txt file are in order and both the original and the custom music is working in Campaign and on the Battle Map. Maybe your tutorial was referring to V1.1 and things may be working better after 1.2 patch.

Please check at your end. I can always send you my .txt file if you want. If you can get the Battle Map music to work with original and custom music simultaneously, then please amend your tutorial accordingly for the good of all.

Once again, thank you for helping the community.

This tutorial was made shortly after the release of patch 1.1 so the method is old. I personally haven't attempted to mod the music in 1.2. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. As soon as can confirm the shorter method works, I'll update the tutorial.

I know this was written for the 1.1 patch Has anything changed now that most everyone is running 1.2? Do you still have to change the main game sound folder or can you do it through a mod folder now?

thanks
    Dustin

You can do it through the mod folder now. Someone said they did it by just putting all the sound text files into the mod folder, take the music folder with all your custom music tracks inside and place it inside the sounds folder, make the changes to whichever sound text file/s, delete event.dat, event.idx, and whatever audio file you're changing in the sounds folder, and start the game up.

I have no idea if this method works because I haven't tried it out.

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    You can do it through the mod folder now. Someone said they did it by just putting all the sound text files into the mod folder, take the music folder with all your custom music tracks inside and place it inside the sounds folder, make the changes to whichever sound text file/s, delete event.dat, event.idx, and whatever audio file you're changing and start the game up.

I have no idea if this method works because I haven't tried it out.
    You can build via the mod folder the music files, SFX files and even the voices files...
    BUT you can't build the events file (at least I obtained no file for the events)

And you surely know that... no creation of events.dat and events.idx = no new music added...
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards