Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How To Add In Your Own Music To M2TW

Default Re: How To Add In Your Own Music To M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    got a problem. when i delete the events files, i get music but no clicking effects for example on the main menu there will be nothing except music, if you see what i mean? except when i keep the event files i get no new tracks
    I have the same problem with Bellum Crucis. I think the problem is when IDX extractor is used by developers because they tweak some "descr_sound_...".txt files and then the mod folder method is ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    got a problem. when i delete the events files, i get music but no clicking effects for example on the main menu there will be nothing except music, if you see what i mean? except when i keep the event files i get no new tracks
    Same problem.. but a few weeks before, that MOD method worked fine for me, i have still my custom music ingame, but today, after a break from the game, i added a few new tracks and deleted all .idx and .dat files (how i always do). And what? No sounds ingame, no voice, only music. But if i remove .idx .dat except events files, all sounds works but no new tracks in game.. Why after a few weeks this method don't work? I didn't even touch total war since the last time i was playing so wth happened that it doesn't work anymore?

i tried everything and always have no voices and some SFX. it's pis... me off! i check in working mods that i have installed on my PC and i don't see anything wrong that i did. i know it's some trivial stuff, but now i have no nerves and i leaving this for now...again...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

WTF? What happened to the descr_sounds_music.txt file download in post # 9 of this thread? As mentioned by the OP? It's gone! It's not there. I need it in order to do any of this. Can someone kindly download that file again, please? The original M2TW one? Not the ones for the kingdoms expansion mods?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

This tutorial is confusing. Can you improve it?

Download CA's sound text files in post #9 below and place them all in your data folder.

Please give link where i can download it.
    Itis need if I do new music for mod Bulat Steel?
    When I copied new music and deleted music.dat (idx), and starting a game - game takes off on a desktop with an error/
    Help. on Russians and Ukrainian forums can not help me.
    Tell me an algorithm to set new music on modification of Bulat Steel for MTW2. What i have to do? sorry for my english

no need answer. i know what to do/

For reasons to me unknown, while I was adding some new sounds in the interface menus to the sounds_generic txt file, the game didnt compile a single sound and I'm now stuck with the intro music and nothing else. I tried to delete the idx and dat files multiple times and I'm sure the folders are correct, but they keep being 1 kb in space and the game crashes as soon as it starts compiling, only to be running again a second time but without sounds. How do I solve this?

Is there a problem with steam and this method? I have followed the guide, but the game starts without sound entirely. I don't think I've made a mistake, it more seems like it can't rebuild the files properly, because I've tried to just delete the original .idx and .dat files and leave all other files untampered and still there's no sound. I only get my sound back when I move the original events and music files back into the folder.

So I've discovered my initial fault, and that is placing the descr_sounds files in the data/sounds folder, not the M2tw/data folder. My SFX and voice sounds have now returned, but the music.idx and .dat still does not rebuild properly.

Civis

I have an issue myself. Looking in the thread, I see similar things have happened before but not exactly like mine. I changed the main menu music in my mod deleting the 2 'events' files, dat and idx. The new track plays in the main menu, but then all sound effects are gone. That's it. When I put a vanilla back up of the events files into the sounds folder it goes back to the vanilla track, but the sound effects return. I made a full SFX folder in the sounds file but that hasnt helped. Whenever I keep trying, the new track plays but all other sound is gone. I tried deleting the 'music' files as well as 'events', but its the exact same thing. Anyone else have this experience?

Civis

Alright, so my problem was one of the voice files had a faction that I renamed. I changed the name of the faction to something else so when the events files were repacking it got confused when it came to the vanilla factions. I deleted the voice file and the files repacked as normal. I'll deal with the voices later.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

faction, culture and unit reference in the sound files can mess up stuff pretty easy - especially when you add new ones that are not covered at all.

Hi i have succeded to get my music in the mod i am playing and the game still worked but the thing that happen was that the M2TW soundtrack started to play instead of the music that was in the mod before. What did i do wrong shouldnt i have added that medieval sound file thing or what? plz help

Blog Entries

When you generated the new IDX and DAT files you must have used a different (or default) sound TXT file then what the mod is using. Often a mod is not providing the edited TXT files which makes it difficult to add new music\sound without removing other custom music\sounds.

Lord Hirluin the Fair's Avatar Laetus

for some reason i cant find the events.dat file

Blog Entries

Is that an existing mod or after generating?

Does anyone know how to make the separation of summer and winter music work? I want her to be different. or this is impossible?
    Last edited by Leeekaaa; June 06, 2020 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

descr_sound_stratmap allows for seasonal sounds but that's more for background sounds like wind howling in winter and crickets chirping in summer.
    descr_sounds_music has settings for summer and winter: state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER and state MUSIC_STRATMAP_WINTER