Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thing (Assembly)

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default The Thing (Assembly)

Here the Thing, an assembly of Freemen and Nobility, gather to discuss matters of state and bring petitions to the King publicly.
    Only the King or his appointed Lawspeaker may gather the Thing.

Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Thing (Assembly)

After some days of rest and drinking the Danes had started to settle in the abandoned houses and buildings made by the Saxons. Viggo now felt the time was right to call a thing for all the chiefs.

Ivar arrived but did not appear drunk - yet. He was well groomed, indeed his short comb never seemed to leave his left hand. His beard was neatly trimmed and his hair was freshly waxed on his head.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Thorfast arrived and nodded to the others before taking a place along the side wall, better to view the whole room.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Erik entered the great hall quiet and reserved, he leaned against the wall and awaited the meeting to begin

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Egil appeared at the Thing, his breath smelling of alcohol. He looked terrible, a shadow of the man he'd been during the battle for Rendlesham. It was clear that the young man had not quite understood his own limits yet, as he required the subtle support of his two sisters to remain dignified and upright. He whispered something into the ear of the younger one of the sisters, the woman no older than 16 called Sif. She'd not dared show her face during the battle as both her brother and older sister were much more suited to the art of warfare than she was, but to converse with the greatest of the Danes was something she was quite ready for. As the small party took their seats, far away from most of the attention, Sif looked around. Not many of the warlords had gathered yet. Were they merely early, or was the realm falling apart already, she wondered. Nevertheless, even being allowed to step a foot inside the grand hall of this king appointed through battle and blood was an honor like no other.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Morten sat near his father's throne, surveying the room as lords gathered about the king. Behind him, his men were stationed with the plunder, preparing to divide it out as Viggo commanded, to those who participated in the assaults. They had established a foothold, but only time would tell if that foothold could turn into a kingdom. He approached his father: "Do you require anything of my in particular Your Majesty?" He put extra emphasis on the honorific with a smile, "Or shall I be as one of these other lords of the realm?" Once again there was amusement as he referred to the band of raiders and brigands that had gathered at Viggo's back.

Haestein joined the others, after having recovered from a wound he’d sustained in battle near Rendlesham.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Oddgeir also makes himself present at the Thing.

Ashildr entered the great hall of their new king, to attend the Thing. She had clearly cleaned up after battle, but was dressed in a rather practical clothes. She did not lean to a wall, but rather walked over to the front, not wanting to miss anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    Morten sat near his father's throne, surveying the room as lords gathered about the king. Behind him, his men were stationed with the plunder, preparing to divide it out as Viggo commanded, to those who participated in the assaults. They had established a foothold, but only time would tell if that foothold could turn into a kingdom. He approached his father: "Do you require anything of my in particular Your Majesty?" He put extra emphasis on the honorific with a smile, "Or shall I be as one of these other lords of the realm?" Once again there was amusement as he referred to the band of raiders and brigands that had gathered at Viggo's back.
    Viggo smiled politely at his son but it could be seen it took him some effort. "Arrange for the loot to be present so it can be distributed after the thing if you'd please." He said commandingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    Ashildr entered the great hall of their new king, to attend the Thing. She had clearly cleaned up after battle, but was dressed in a rather practical clothes. She did not lean to a wall, but rather walked over to the front, not wanting to miss anything.
    Viggo entered as some chiefs were present but the thing seemed particularly empty so far. After he had greeted most of the chiefs his one eye fell on Ashildr, dashing as ever. He stopped on his way to his seat and took a moment to capture her image in his mind. "You honor me with your presence Ashldr" he finally said.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Viggo smiled politely at his son but it could be seen it took him some effort. "Arrange for the loot to be present so it can be distributed after the thing if you'd please." He said commandingly.
    Morten could see his father was in no mood for jesting today so he bowed once more, formally and respectfully this time instead of in his previous lighthearted manner. "Of course father, as you say, my apologies." He made to leave then paused and looked back for a moment, concern in his face. "Is your eye alright?" He questioned, suddenly recalling the vicious swordstroke he had seen it take.

Ivar's eyes glittered as the loot was mentioned. He wondered what sort of hoarde had been assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post

Viggo entered as some chiefs were present but the thing seemed particularly empty so far. After he had greeted most of the chiefs his one eye fell on Ashildr, dashing as ever. He stopped on his way to his seat and took a moment to capture her image in his mind. "You honor me with your presence Ashldr" he finally said.
    A faint smile graced her face, she eyed him someone distrustful. She had been around men in power, in great halls, just like this one, for as long as she could remember. She had learned to both respect and fear them. As men could be fickle and distrustful. Especially those in power, who had lots to gain, and yet even more to loose.

She did not know why the newly appointed king stopped on his way to speak with her, but she replied in a hoarse voice: "The honour is mine, your majesty. Let this be, if the Gods will it, the fair start of a new beginning for all of us."

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Ásbjorn Bragrhjarta arrived at the Thing and took his seat. He had put on his best clothes, a stark contrast to the stubble on his chin and the bags under his eyes witnessing of the night's wild party.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    Morten could see his father was in no mood for jesting today so he bowed once more, formally and respectfully this time instead of in his previous lighthearted manner. "Of course father, as you say, my apologies." He made to leave then paused and looked back for a moment, concern in his face. "Is your eye alright?" He questioned, suddenly recalling the vicious swordstroke he had seen it take.
    Viggo nodded as if his son did not need to apologize, he was only trying after all. "It's festering it seems, we shall see I suppose." He said to end the convo. It was time for the loot divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sñape View Post
    Ivar's eyes glittered as the loot was mentioned. He wondered what sort of hoarde had been assembled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    A faint smile graced her face, she eyed him someone distrustful. She had been around men in power, in great halls, just like this one, for as long as she could remember. She had learned to both respect and fear them. As men could be fickle and distrustful. Especially those in power, who had lots to gain, and yet even more to loose.

She did not know why the newly appointed king stopped on his way to speak with her, but she replied in a hoarse voice: "The honour is mine, your majesty. Let this be, if the Gods will it, the fair start of a new beginning for all of us."
    Viggo smiled politely. Kindly he said "It must be indeed, Odin honored us in this conflict by giving us the edge. Let us hope continues to do so."

Viggo sat and gazed through the room, still wearing an eye patch so he used his one eye. As the various conversations in the room feel silent he stood up. Thankfully this building had a tall enough room for him to stand up strait. It seemed the Anglo's were not a tall folk. Viggo used his loud and deep voice to get the attention of those that were still engaged in conversation. "Danes!" he roared. "I have here a list of all the participating chiefs." He proceeded to read the list before those assembled.

Óláfr, son of Óttarr (Óláfr Ottarsson)
    Ásbjorn Knútrson
    Egil 'Halfdan' Geirsson
    Haestein
    Þorsteinn ‘Írskifeilan’ Hárekarson
    Ashildr
    Thorfast Ragnfastsson
    Erik Thorsson
    Ivar Torfisson
    Grímarr Guðbiǫrnsson
    Morten Viggosen
    Oddgeir Tryggvason
    Torald Olafsson
    Ingmar 'Ironskull' Arickson
    *33k loot in total, 2.000 for each chief leaves 5k for the royal treasury.

"All of those I have just named have earned my respect and are entitled to an equal share of the loot. My son, Viggo will be outside to help you to your cut." He paused so everyone could have their moment to deliberate with the men next to them. "However!" Viggo roared through the mass of assembled men. "Make no mistake Danes, there is still much to do. We must consolidate our hold on these lands and thus I will appoint a law speaker now. With my careful deliberation he will communicate my wishes regarding the keeps each of you will need to construct in our new lands to consolidate our holdings. Is there anyone opposed?" Viggo asked.
    Last edited by General Brewster; March 23, 2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Updated loot.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Egil sent his sister to collect the loot when the assembly was dying down. He had no interest in the position of lawspeaker, and besides he was fairly certain none of the other chiefs would agree to having one as young as himself in such a prestigious position. Even though he'd distinguished himself in the eyes of Viggo, he was still just an unknown nobody to most. But that would change. "Viggo, can I have a word with you?" He petitioned the king as discreetly as possible at a meeting such as this.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Ivar was happy with the haul. It would sustain him for many months while he established his household in this new land. He roared his approval of the King's words.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Thorfast roared along with the rest.

As the Thing drawed to a close, they had much to do.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Erik lifts his horn in gratitude of the king, this had turned into a successful campaign and now Erik must ensure its continued success.

All hail the King, Erik yelled as he expressed his love for his King
    Last edited by Lord William; March 24, 2018 at 09:02 AM.

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast