Thread: Anno Domini 1080 (Release)

Default Anno Domini 1080 (Release)

Anno Domini 1080

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1328596632

I created this mod to capture the feel of the old M2TW game (1080 AD) for Atilla Total War
    This campaign uses AoC campaign map, so its more focused on Europe, but still has tons of unit diversity!

This mod adds the MKTW 1212 units to the campaign map and removes all other units from the campaign. All credit for the units and loading screens goes to Warman, LTD, and all of the other guys on the MTWK 1212 team, their mod is coming along nicely but does not yet have a campaign. Please support here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1767-Medieval-Kingdoms-Total-War-(MKTW).
    If you want to play custom battles, use their mod! This is for campaign only.

The campaign starts in 1080 and is 2 turns per year, just like the original M2TW.

The playable factions:
    Royaume de France
    Kingdom of England
    The Holy Roman Empire
    The Almovarads
    Danes
    Flanders
    Republic of Firenze
    Kingdom of Castille and Leon
    Kingdom of Hungary
    Roman Empire (Italy)

Anno Domini uses a vassal system where large nations like the Holy Roman Empire, France, England, and the Almovarids have core territory but have surrounding vassals, some of which are loyal, and some which have bad relations with their overlords. I've played several campaigns and sometimes they rebel, sometimes they stick with you which makes diplomacy really important! Additionally, as France you can try to bring Brittany (vassal of England) over to your side which may or may not work. This is much more realistic than just one large unified nation.

Another feature that has been added is each Christian faction gets to recruit certain units from the different monastic order if the town is a church. England will be able to recruit Templars, HRE Teutonic knights, and so forth.
    Siege weapons have also been added. Catapults are recruitable from barracks, but Trebuchets and Cannons require a siege workshop.
    Gunpowder units also make an appearance toward the end of the campaign.
    Last edited by Subotai!; March 12, 2018 at 07:18 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Anno Domini 1080 (Release)

Nice work Subotai! +rep

If you like, feel free to post an Announcement about your mod here, and it will be spread around TWC and potentially onto the Front Page and social media.

@ Frunk Okay, Thanks!

Well Done! Very excited to try this!
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

Looks great! If it had Italo Normans, it might just be the best mod ever

Hi Subotai .
    I checked anno_domini pack in laucher, renamed the mkmodels packs. + also checked in launcher (and no other mods). after that i looking for Data mappa your mod, but is not there! only the 3 mk_models packs...

* sorry, solved. i recently installed win10 to my system, and now the launcher download the mods to te "wokshop" folders .
    Last edited by Hunor; March 19, 2018 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hi Subotai .
    I checked anno_domini pack in laucher, renamed the mkmodels packs. + also checked in launcher (and no other mods). after that i looking for Data mappa your mod, but is not there! only the 3 mk_models packs...

* sorry, solved. i recently installed win10 to my system, and now the launcher download the mods to te "wokshop" folders .
    Could you please share the details of how you solved this? No one can run it on Steam right now due to new launcher... I had trouble locating it by the "anno_domini.pack" name in the Workshop folder.
    But finally stumbled into: "\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\325610\1328596632" - lo and behold it was there.

@Sabotai!, is it by design that there are no starting armies? Also how can I change turns per year?
    Last edited by F@32; March 21, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

yes this is features - no starting army. i love it, no rush from first turn
    turns per year can u change only in startpos.esf i think .

can someone add a non steam link please =)

I think he opened another Workshop article and the link has changed.

Please Subotai How does the Anno Domini 1080 mod work?

@Miguel 80 = I think he opened another Workshop article and the link has changed == can u post a link to that new link of his so we may try his mod?