Thread: My Hardest Game Yet

Icon1 My Hardest Game Yet

Hello,

After two years of playing Napoleon: Total War, I think I have invented the most difficult challenge possible in the game.

Select the Grand Campaign and play Prussia with both battle and campaign difficulty on the maximum. This is hard enough as it is, but it gets worse.

The next step is to purposefully start a rebellion in Berlin (the easiest way to do this is to simply remove all troops and overtax only that province, exempting the rest) and become a republic. Now that Prussia is a republic, unify Germany (occupy and hold on to all of Frisia, Hannover, Cleves-Mark, Hessen-Kassel, Baden-Wurrtemberg, Bavaria, Mecklenburg, Brandenburg, Pommerania, Saxony, Alsace-Lorraine, Silesia, Greater Poland, West Prussia, and East Prussia.) The goal is to make the German Empire as it was before WW1, plus any other states you can take.

I have been trying to complete this challenge for months and have finally arrived in early 1807; all of Scandinavia, minus Finland, is under my control, and so is every German state but Bavaria, Baden-Wurttemberg and Alsace-Lorraine. Holland and the Courland have also been occupied by my forces. It's insanely difficult to even survive at times, and requires luck and skill to win battles in which your forces are hopelessly outmatched. At present, I'm at war with every major nation except France, that I recently made peace with so I could send troops east, but I will need to declare on them again to take the remaining German states. Although I'm being invaded from every direction (the Brits keep landing at Oldenburg, too), I should be done with the challenge soon.

Give it a try and see what you think, but it's definitely been an interesting playthrough

Default Re: My Hardest Game Yet

I'm not sure how to edit my post, but to clarify: becoming a republic simply raises the difficulty, as every nation hates you immediately.

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Why not try declaring war on everyone turn one? That would be interesting. I think there was a steam achievement in one of the games for doing something like that and winning.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

ancientnoise's Avatar Foederatus

Does it make France like you more though?