Thread: Diplomacy problem after patch

Default Diplomacy problem after patch

With the new patch, something peculiar has happened to diplomacy (for me at least). Suddenly factions that I was best buds with before the patch now hate me. The negative factors affecting my reputation with other factions make no sense. For instance a lot of factions hate me because I allegedly liberated the Sequani, the Nori, the Suebi etc. but I never liberated any of these factions... In fact I am at war with them or recently destroyed them. Similarly I have penalties for supporting factions in battle whom I have never been allied with, let alone fought battles alongside. I also see reputation penalties for things like diplomatic marriages to Arverni when I have never done a diplomatic marriage with anyone, let alone the Arverni. Many factions hate me because I am at war with Egypt, even though they themselves are at war with Egypt!

See an example from my current turn here (this save is from just before the patch), and an example from a save about 20 turns before that here. Both of these factions (Massilya and Carthage) would have been extremely positive about me at these points in time prior to the patch.

Anyone else experienced this, know what has caused it, or know how to fix it?

Default Re: Diplomacy problem after patch

I bypassed this issue by rolling back to patch 18 (to do this, right click on R2TW in Steam, click 'properties', go to the 'betas' tab, and select patch 18 from the drop-down). Saves made on patch 19 don't seem to load, but patch 18 saves will not have fixed diplomacy.

However still in need of a fix for patch 19.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Diplomacy problem after patch

This is most likely problem of continuing in older campaign save. I try to start new campaigns with each patch because not all changes are properly propagated into ongoing campaings. That is simply not possible..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)