Thread: How to update mods for patch 19 (Desert Kingdoms)

Default How to update mods for patch 19 (Desert Kingdoms)

Hi there,

my question is if anyone can give a summary what db mod content must be updated for patch 19.

So first for unit mods:
    It says Meroe, Blemmys and Himyar are removed so you may have to remove allowed-entries for them. Are there any other updates needed i.e. for guard mode?

Of course you have to check updated vanilla tables, especially if your mod overwrites them. Does anyone know which tables are changed?

I'd be glad if anyone could help me a bid. I don't have much time this month but, you know, everyone wants you to update your mods. Thank you

Default Re: How to update mods for patch 19 (Desert Kingdoms)

Hello. The file "startpos.esf" has to create new, and the tables, you can take the old ones by typing a prefix in the name of the table in PFM.

By the way, be careful with the Assembly Kit that comes with bugs. I had to generate it with the screen text fields empty. See this post:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-Assembly-Kit

Here's a video directory on various mods and what tools to use...I'm in the middle of modding so I just Betaed back to patch 17, It's working as far as I know. However the start_pos includes another 100 factions in it which means the forced patching has made changes even after changing back to patch 17.

[Tutorial] Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Decode PFM tables (11/08/17)
    Last edited by Radioman; March 09, 2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot link

One thing is the DB tables and another the "startpos.esf" file.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; March 09, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    One thing is the DB tables and another the "startpos.esf" file.
    yeah, I was asking for db tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    and the tables, you can take the old ones by typing a prefix in the name of the table in PFM.
    I usually use the prefix method but it's not a solution if your entries belong to other tables that are changed; e.g. you define a unit for Himyar but this faction doesn't exist any longer in factions_tables. My problem is, you can't know what they changed in every db table. However, thanks for the response.

I don't understand what is your problem exactly. You can extract the tables from the Assembly Kit and modify them in the PFM. The problem is that you will not start the mod if you don't have a new "startpos.esf" file generated in the new Assembly Kit, or Do you not need the "startpos.esf" file?

As I figured out there is almost nothing to change for mods, especially unit mods. CA did a good job with this new patch.

Good job? Have you tried the Assembly Kit or don't have it?
    Last edited by Miguel_80; March 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM.

For unit and graphical/ui mods I don't use PFM. But I failed trying to update a startpos mod. The new "old mod filter" shows a message that old mods were found (even If I delete all my mods) and the game start by BOB leads to a freeze or a crash if I click ignore or deactivate. I've tried several common work arounds but it doesn't create the new STARTPOS.esf for me.