Thread: Family and Dynasty

Default Family and Dynasty

One thing that really bothers me and kills of Rome 2 for me is the lack of a decent familytree. I was quite happy that we got one in Atilla and so i have high hopes for this mod. However what Atilla did was really confusing and that is how they generated children for the Roman Factions. For the most factions i couldn't care how they are named because they get only a single name, for the Roman factions it was weird to get children who had names that had nothing to do with the parents. For example they should have the same family name. Is this something that can be changed? Because i have never seen any mod that corrected this mess. But maybe thats just my single opinion and no one is bothered by it

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Default Re: Family and Dynasty

The random names bothered me greatly to the extent that I would be using saveparser to edit. Massive oversight on their part, I am not sure how they let it slip by. How hard could it be to always have "Augustus" in the name of an emperor? The other thing that bothered me is that replacement emperors after the royal family is wiped out (generally by 10 turns) are always the same age as their predecessor. This way late in the game you have 70 year old emperors dying and being replaced by 70 year old emperors who die next turn.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Another problem they must have decided to fix later, but never bothered. Very irritating. I think it's hard coded or something because I've asked about this before and everyone said it was impossible to fix. As said above the only way is to use the saveparser, only you can't edit a character's name until they are 'of age' nor can you increase the number of names they have. Also, if the names have been edited, as they will have been in this mod, it doesn't work properly (it didn't when I last tried at least).

Remember in RSII when your generals would gain cognomina ex virtute such as Africanus, Gallicus, Germanicus after conquering a number of regions in the respective country? Glorious days.

Perhaps it is possible to fix this through scripting, there's no script writer on the AE team but I hope it is. Or maybe someone has worked it out. I remember seeing that someone had figured out how to edit music in Attila but kept it secret.
    Last edited by Julio-Claudian; March 09, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Another problem they must have decided to fix later, but never bothered. Very irritating. I think it's hard coded or something because I've asked about this before and everyone said it was impossible to fix. As said above the only way is to use the saveparser, only you can't edit a character's name until they are 'of age' nor can you increase the number of names they have. Also, if the names have been edited, as they will have been in this mod, it doesn't work properly (it didn't when I last tried at least).

Remember in RSII when your generals would gain cognomina ex virtute such as Africanus, Gallicus, Germanicus after conquering a number of regions in the respective country? Glorious days.

Perhaps it is possible to fix this through scripting, there's no script writer on the AE team but I hope it is. Or maybe someone has worked it out. I remember seeing that someone had figured out how to edit music in Attila but kept it secret.
    Do you remember who figured out how to edit music? And yes, would love to script in name traits like RS2

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Do you remember who figured out how to edit music? And yes, would love to script in name traits like RS2
    I think it was something to do with that big medieval mod, but I could be wrong. I do remember reading about it though. Could have been a response to someone asking about music here.