Thread: Adding to already existing Variant definition

Default Adding to already existing Variant definition

Hi,

I'm quite green with this and despite all the great tutorials I can't figure out the basis of this:

I have an existing model (of my praetorian guard from DeI):

And I'm trying to add some trouser textures to this. I've created a new definition:

Pretty basic, but how can I align this with my model? When creating a new "man template" I get the "trousers" line. Like this:

But the already existing model does not have it!! If it had it I could easily add mesh reference but the line is missing Maybe I lost the basic principles along the way or I'm really lost with the idea of this?

Default Re: Adding to already existing Variant definition

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Hi,

I'm quite green with this and despite all the great tutorials I can't figure out the basis of this:

I have an existing model (of my praetorian guard from DeI):

And I'm trying to add some trouser textures to this. I've created a new definition:

Pretty basic, but how can I align this with my model? When creating a new "man template" I get the "trousers" line. Like this:

But the already existing model does not have it!! If it had it I could easily add mesh reference but the line is missing Maybe I lost the basic principles along the way or I'm really lost with the idea of this?
    OK, solved this... I started from empty man template and added everything to it and then merged it with praetorian model... Can't add after this so addons must be made on empty man template

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Adding to already existing Variant definition

If you want to add extra places, eg prop_1, prop_2, prop_3, ect ect you need to manually edit the variantmeshdefinition with something like Notepad++

Here's a massive list of tutorials though if you want various resources.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; March 17, 2018 at 07:55 AM.