Thread: Mod Switcher?

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Mod Switcher?

Hi guys

I'm done with the subtitles for the factions that don't have them in Xenophonia (e.g. Spain).

Now, apparently, these new subtitle files require Xenophonia to use a mod switcher in order to work.

Can someone tell me how to make a mod switcher? Someone who's done it already and knows exactly how it works? Or, is it possible to put the new subtitle files in the vanilla data folder and make the game use them anyway? An answer would save me a lot of time...

Also, heh, look: http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Xenophonia

This is really funny, because "speech defects marked by an alteration in accent and intonation" is exactly what we wanted this mod to help us get rid of. This mod should really have been called "Anti-Xenophonia".

So, from now on, consider the Xenophonia mod's name to be very ironic.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Default Re: Mod Switcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    This is really funny, because "speech defects marked by an alteration in accent and intonation" is exactly what we wanted this mod to help us get rid of. This mod should really have been called "Anti-Xenophonia".

So, from now on, consider the Xenophonia mod's name to be very ironic.
    Eheheheheheh! I always thought that the name Xenophonia means "Foreigner's Language"
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Thanks, Lusted. I'd still like to find out whether making the game use custom files is possible without a mod switcher, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0S View Post
    Eheheheheheh! I always thought that the name Xenophonia means "Foreigner's Language"
    So did I!
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Thanks, Lusted. I'd still like to find out whether making the game use custom files is possible without a mod switcher, though.
    Yes if you add this to the .cfg file:

[io]
    file_first = true
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Lusted saves the day once again. I'm gonna try this out right away.

EDIT: Looks like I have to use a mod switcher to convert the edited text files into strings.bin files again.
    Last edited by Beiss; January 12, 2007 at 06:27 AM.

Turns out I didn't need a mod switch after all. Which is good.