Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ar-Adunaim Reforged (SUB_MOD) for DACV3.7

Default Re: Ar-Adunaim Reskin/stuff (SUB_MOD) for DACV2.2

As to the crashes I made a quick test of the install process and it simply requires you to update the LAA file and I'll also update the link as well.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Taurion of Lindon; September 29, 2018 at 02:56 PM.

For people having this mod crash with 2.2, it's because the link on the first page links to an older version of the mod (reskin file). The up to date version is on page 5 or on the post above the (reforge file).

Hope this helps

Does this mod make the Ar-Adunaim king look any different? I found his golden armour model a bit boring. More suitable for a faction heir, honestly.

Also, The up to date reforged file you linked seems to be broken. I keep getting the error code "Ar_adunaim.reforged is either in unknown format or damaged" and i can't seem to open it because of this.

Ignore my first question. I just realized i've commented on this subject before. My second comment still stands though, I can't seem to open the downloaded file.

Hello? I don't mean to be a pest here, But i can't use your mod because the Linked file is broken.

The link seems to be fine. It works for me, and for most people.

I got it working, One thing i did notice though is that Ar-Gimilkhad (The faction leader) seems to switch appearances sometimes. In some battles he'll be wearing a full face helmet, In others he has an Open helmet. Is there any way to make it so that he only uses the full faced helmet? I don't care much for him changing helmets constantly. I realize you said you were considering giving him a different model in the future but for the time being i'd really rather just use the Full helmet variant.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks great, well done!

EDIT: Oh, the mod hasn't been updated yet to have those pilum-armed infantry in yet? Damn, they look so cool. Oh well, still great work.
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; December 12, 2018 at 09:07 AM.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Amazing

First of all, great mod! Loving it so far but i have an issue where some units don't have names, just "unlocalized text something something" Anyway to fix this or you just did not put the names in or what is the issue?

I am able to play custom battles and the unit models and everything works but when i click on the campaign, it just goes back to the main menu. What could be causing this and how do i fix it?
    Last edited by keksimir; January 15, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

I'm not very sure what could be causing this issue; unfortunately, I can't really do much in terms of modding because my main computer is getting repaired. I only have one theory as to the ULPT, and it has to do with the unit's name not matching its dictionary name. As for the campaign issue, I don't think I'm very qualified to answer that, but it might be related to the missing names. I would suggest that you send me the following DBs export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_buildings.txt, and the export_units in the text folder.

I have released the alpha for the next update; please leave any critiques of modding advice for the alpha build.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion of Lindon View Post
    I'm not very sure what could be causing this issue; unfortunately, I can't really do much in terms of modding because my main computer is getting repaired. I only have one theory as to the ULPT, and it has to do with the unit's name not matching its dictionary name. As for the campaign issue, I don't think I'm very qualified to answer that, but it might be related to the missing names. I would suggest that you send me the following DBs export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_buildings.txt, and the export_units in the text folder.
    It was my fault. I put it in my Heirs of Elendil folder instead of the original DaC folder. It is working fine now. Thanks friend!

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

I have released the alpha for the next update; please leave any critiques of modding advice for the alpha build.
    I tested it just now, loving the new officers and new units. I did see your english is not the best, but fear not. I would be more then willing to write descriptions and such for you.

As for other mod advice, ditch the curved swords completely. The replacement sign for the AA is cool, and I do think seeing it on armor and shields instead of the Elvish B would be better. The flamethrower unit is awesome. Its unit card could do with a bit of work, but otherwise it is fine. Its description also has a peasant (missing). I also think, that if you are able, you should make an AA captain less dark in skin colour. They currently still look too much like Umbarim. As for the unchanged Azrazair units, the raiders need little work. Give them a shield and sword after their javelins exhaust, a straight sword, and they would be perfect. I also think you should enforce uniformity in an unit and have all shields be the same.

Otherwise, great work !

I would gladly accept help for the unit descriptions. I will also take into account the unit changes for their kit and textures, and as for the units info cards, I don't know how to get it to work without the image being distorted.

I would gladly accept help for the unit descriptions. I will also take into account the unit changes for their kit and textures, and as for the units info cards, I don't know how to get it to work without the image being distorted.
    I am sure some of the people from the Heirs of Elendil team would be willing to help. Join our discord and we can talk.

A quick update on the alpha version the fix was matching units with their new upgrades.

I have pasted the data folder of your new fix to the data folder in my DaC mod folder and i have replaced the files that it asked me to replace but now i have the same "unlocalized text placement" problem. The last time, the reason was that i put it in my heirs of elendil mod folder. Now however i put it in my DaC folder as usual and the problem exists again.

MMM did you use the alpha or the normal? If you could send me the right files I can take a look.