Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ar-Adunaim Reforged (SUB_MOD) for DACV3.7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ar-Adunaim Reforged (SUB_MOD) for DACV3.7

NEW DESCRIPTION
    Greetings and Salutations I am Castellan of Angmar, but many of you know me as Taurion of Lindon here on the TWC. This is a submod for DAC's Ar-Aduniam faction the submod reskins and overhauls some of the Aduniam's roster. The original models were made by the amazing people at TATW Reforged specifically Cowering Coma. The Ar-Aduniam Reforged Submod's goal is to make the Aduniam look and feel more Numenorean replacing their current Mongolian/Cuman aesthetic. Along with the astatic changes as mentioned some units will be altered or even removed to fit the factions new playstyle. I would recommend that player adopted roman or greek styled formation with plenty of staying power.

PREVIEW
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

more to be added

All in one downloads
    V3.7
    This is for DACV3.7 ONLY patch 3.7 is required for this mode to work properly
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5ym6v...eforged+V3.rar

V2.2

V2.9(unit Showcase)
    This is for DACV2.2 ONLY
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jk0mxn...ALPHA.rar/file
    DO NOT INSTALL OVER STANDARD VERSION ALPHA IS A STAND ALONE VERSION.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    extract the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\ DAC file. Please make a backup of your files for your sake and mine (mostly my sake) if you have any problems with the submod PLEASE inform me.
    CREDITS
    Thank you Lord_of_light for creating the Flamethrower unit description.
    Big thanks to the Reforged team for the unit models assets and textures.
    big Shoutout to Coma for his help I really appreciate it.
    Compatible mods
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...um-for-DaC-2-2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...load)-RELEASED
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-DaC-RELEASED
    Last edited by Taurion of Lindon; September 29, 2019 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: Potential Ar-Adunaim Reskin (SUB_MOD) for DACV2

This looks sick! I hope you get permission, also I would advise that you wait until DaC gets updated on saturday and then release it. Also thank you for doing this, much appreciated.

I find more cool and accurate the units that DaC have, except forma the Belegaer units

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I hope they give you what you need Taurion.

I have been given permission by both Synn and Coma to use there models and textures with proper credit of course. I'll release the sub-mod by the end of this week as I'm busy with school.

waswar's Avatar Libertus

I'm in love with these. They are of utmost splendor!

Looks great! But what's with the 'Umbar' rune? Does it make sence to use it now, since the faction is not necessarily based in Umbar?

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

wow these are amazing!

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Dzeltens I agree that the Sindarin letter for "B" no longer fits the Ar-Aduniam but I don't know any Adunaic. I'd love to use some for their shields and banners but the current symbol will do for now. I will also be adding some new strategy and battle models that Coma made.
    Here's the image from Coma minus the banners

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion of Lindon View Post
    Dzeltens I agree that the Sindarin letter for "B" no longer fits the Ar-Aduniam but I don't know any Adunaic.
    Sadly there are really few things known Adûnaic:
    The Corpus
    The structure
    some noun, prepositional affixes, adjectives, adverb, participle, numerals, pronouns and verb.
    It was possible to create a "wordlist" however but sadly we do not know how its letters were drawn :/

See here(the best source for this regarding) for something more

Your work is, however, wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Melvasul View Post
    Sadly there are really few things known Adûnaic:
    The Corpus
    The structure
    some noun, prepositional affixes, adjectives, adverb, participle, numerals, pronouns and verb.
    It was possible to create a "wordlist" however but sadly we do not know how its letters were drawn :/

See here(the best source for this regarding) for something more

Your work is, however, wonderful!
    Couldn't use the same symbol of faction for strat map's banners? I mean black background & golden stars making a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion of Lindon View Post
    Dzeltens I agree that the Sindarin letter for "B" no longer fits the Ar-Aduniam but I don't know any Adunaic. I'd love to use some for their shields and banners but the current symbol will do for now. I will also be adding some new strategy and battle models that Coma made.
    Here's the image from Coma minus the banners
    IMO I would keep the current symbol as is, while they may no longer be of Umbar proper, it is still a symbol that represents these peoples background as numenorean.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

I had no idea new strat models were created for the Ar-Adunaim. It's still a few days before v2 is re-released so hopefully the DaC team can add those in. If not, it's good that you will.

Keep it up!
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

This is a small progress update I've implemented all the other strategy model but Gimilthon's. I'm still trying to figure out how to implement his. Also thanks Melwasul for the Adunaic link.I'll probably design some Adunaic letters off of the Sindarin symbols my this is literally what I had to learn as an art student.
    edited
    the strat models will be incorporated in version 2.1 I gave them the files in which the models are held in or I hope they got them I'm not very good at replying to private messages. so this sub_mod will only add new unit models.
    Last edited by Taurion of Lindon; March 08, 2018 at 05:52 PM.

Default Re: Ar-Adunaim Reskin (SUB_MOD) for DACV2.1

Its done at last I'M FREE AT LAST.

unfortunately the game seems to crash when trying to load the Ar-Adunaim units, I tried a campaign and crashed when trying to take Umbar, and I repeated it in a custom game. I tested it again with two unedited units and had no problems.

I'm going to try and figure out if its a specific unit causing it.

It doesn't appear to be any one unit, even the units I don't think you edited are causing it to crash

I can confirm that it crashes both in custom games and campaign during loading of the battle when playing as Ar-Adunaim, hopefully there is an easy fix as I really love you reskins from the shots in this thread

I found the problem I was a simple typo in the folders. I forgot to put the underscore in _units. the link should have updated.
    Last edited by Taurion of Lindon; March 10, 2018 at 09:13 PM.

I would have to take a look at the files. I would need to know which units don't case a crash. If it's crashing during the loading screen then the DBS are not the problem.
    Last edited by Taurion of Lindon; March 10, 2018 at 08:49 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast